Old 05-10-2018, 08:57 PM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Default Best 36-inch balloon?
I’ve had Qualatex, Belbal, Cattex longneck, and a Chinese brand. I like the durability of Qualatex but not so much the round shape. B350s are great, but expensive.

I’ve been most curious about Unique and Tuf-Tex. Tuf-Tex 36” look like they could be fun, but I’m wondering if they have the lovely shape that TT17” and 24” have.

My current favorite might be Qualatex just because of their availability and durability.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 PM

BlowAndInhale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best 36-inch balloon?
The only 36-inch balloons I’ve ever had have been whatever Walmart sells, but they’ve been fun to blow up.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:53 AM
Master Over Inflator

onemoreblow is on a distinguished road
For 36" size, tuftex is my favorite because they can be necked. The ones from kaboom had a lot of defects, but another batch necked amazingly
Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Seidenki is on a distinguished road
I think "best" is highly subjective. I have some Chinese ones that great because of how soft they are - but they can be fragile and they're noticeably not spherical. More like a cross between pear-shaped and ellipsoid. I had some Unique 36"s a number of years ago. They were good - perhaps better even than Qualatex 36"s. Same shape, but were a little softer.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:55 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
I think you'll find that most 36" balloons have a similar shape to Qualatex. Over the years I've tried Qualatex, Tuf-Tex, Cattex and Sempertex.

Tuf-Tex are in many ways my favorite. They're round, but can be necked a little. They're also strong and get really soft after the first inflation. Downside is that they degrade quicker than other brands.

Cattex have a lot of different balloons in that size range. The 32" round balloons are very round and feels very firm. Their 36" "paddle"-shape is on the other hand a lot softer. It's the only 36" I've had pop on me, although it might have been because it rubbed against the wooden panel wall and hit something sharp, rather than because of a defect.
Worth mentioning their 32" longnecks as well. They're amazing! They're nice and soft, and feels very durable.

Sempertex is probably one of the less common brands I've tried (Nordiclooners sells them). They're not as round as the other brands. They get quite firm, at least the first few times, but feels reasonably durable.

Hope that helps
Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM

SuTeKh is on a distinguished road
Ive only really ever had the walmart 36 inch and i love them have no complaints. Wish they had more then 3 in a pack but i believe they are tuftex they are the first and only loons i have ever confidently ridden without worry of popping