Old 10-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Breath King

BlowAndInhale is on a distinguished road
Default Hesitant to neck it out when blowing to pop
Hey guys, if you overinflate the neck to the point where itís touching your lips with no room to hold the neck by hand, then when the balloon pops, could pieces of the neck or the mouthpiece get lodged in your throat from the force of the blast?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:02 AM

SusieDK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hesitant to neck it out when blowing to pop
It never happened to me that the mouthpiece even ended up inside my lips, and I have blown to pop lots and lots of balloons - I would say thousands. Of course this does not mean it cannot happen, only that it would be quite a rare event.

Just as football players have indedd been struck by lightning doesn't deterr people from playing football I don't think being chooked by a mouthpice from a balloon been blown up too much is something you should worry about.

If you worry anyway you can hold the mouthpiece of the balloon against your lips while blowing it up (like blowing a trompet) instead of having it between your lips. Then it is even less likely to get it into your mouth when the balloon pops.

Sincerely
Susie

PS. How can you blow to pop a balloon without getting the neck all full (unless it is a bad or weak balloon that is). Maybe I just don't get the term 'necking it out' right.....

Last edited by SusieDK; 10-11-2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Adding an advice.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Breath King

BlowAndInhale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hesitant to neck it out when blowing to pop
PS. How can you blow to pop a balloon without getting the neck all full (unless it is a bad or weak balloon that is). Maybe I just don't get the term 'necking it out' right.....[/QUOTE]Well, when I blow, I try to do it on a way in which the neck is not filled up all the way, but the rest of the balloon is, but at the same time, I also like the feeling of the neck being expanded to the point of touching my lips.