Old 15-05-2018, 06:17 PM

Printlover23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Keeping track of your collections
Hey Seasider I have sent you a private message.
Old 17-05-2018, 10:27 AM

Loonerversity is on a distinguished road
Ok folks! I did manage to organise all of my balloons into an excel sheet provided by OverTheTop,
Howver just yesterday someone reccomended the Sortly app - which is amazing!

It has everything I need and can also import and export from csv so I’m going to take the data ive currently got and import.

I’ve just set up a framework and like 100 tags to let me organise the data, but if anyone wants a copy of my setup as soon as I’ve done it I’ll grab an export and post it here!!

Look at the images for how cool!

https://ibb.co/jA7Ckd
https://ibb.co/mo7pWJ
https://ibb.co/ncVnJy
https://ibb.co/ndG55d

Last edited by Loonerversity; 17-05-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 18-05-2018, 06:24 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
I'm still thinking of making a program for this, even if just for fun and practice. Would you guys want a website/web app, or a desktop program? I could also make an Android app, although I'm not able to publish to the Google play store so you'd need to manually download and install it if you wanted to use it.
Old 22-05-2018, 02:57 AM
Blower at Looners Inc.

t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
I'm still thinking of making a program for this, even if just for fun and practice. Would you guys want a website/web app, or a desktop program? I could also make an Android app, although I'm not able to publish to the Google play store so you'd need to manually download and install it if you wanted to use it.
If you actually want to put in all that work, that would be such a great thing for us looners!

I think that a web app would be the easiest to make (although I only know basic HTML and Javascript so I have no skills) and would be platform agnostic so long as it worked well on mobile devices. All you would have to do is figure out a way to store user's inventories. Maybe you could add a feature where everyone can see [anonymous] statistics about balloon quantities and preferences based on what everyone else is doing!
Old 22-05-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by t17forLife View Post
If you actually want to put in all that work, that would be such a great thing for us looners!

I think that a web app would be the easiest to make (although I only know basic HTML and Javascript so I have no skills) and would be platform agnostic so long as it worked well on mobile devices. All you would have to do is figure out a way to store user's inventories. Maybe you could add a feature where everyone can see [anonymous] statistics about balloon quantities and preferences based on what everyone else is doing!
I was thinking of just using a static site, all data would be stored on your device rather than on a server. I'll look into it more.
Old 22-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Blower at Looners Inc.

t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
I was thinking of just using a static site, all data would be stored on your device rather than on a server. I'll look into it more.
That's probably an easier option, so long as the process to retrieve and store the information was easy for the end user.
Old 25-05-2018, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by t17forLife View Post
That's probably an easier option, so long as the process to retrieve and store the information was easy for the end user.
All the information would be stored in your browser, and there would be a button to export it.