Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hopkx001
    • Mar 2024

Inflating GL

Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2021, 17:44.
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Inflating GL

I've been told that you should always start inflating them at the far end and that's what I've tried to do with mine. I haven't had any problems with overpressure with the three (1 gl500 and 2 gl700) I've successfully inflated so far, but I don't think I've ever fully inflated any of them.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Here is a good video on how to inflate GLs. It's for a GL500, but it holds true for the 700 and 1200 as well - you need to inflate it ONLY at the far end (opposite the neck) and stretch that out before filling the rest of the balloon.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Yeah, I feel like a moron... ¬_¬ I've been inflating my GL's all wrong. Basically I've been attaching my 1200's to my electric pump, hitting the on switch & just letting the air have its own freedom to do as it will... 100% of the time it blew up neck end first causing uneven inflation leading to unnecessary stress to that particular end...much better to blow up the far end first progressing slowly to the front. Each time you'll get a much more consistent inflation using the proper technique... ^_*

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
          Yeah, I feel like a moron... ¬_¬ I've been inflating my GL's all wrong. Basically I've been attaching my 1200's to my electric pump, hitting the on switch & just letting the air have its own freedom to do as it will... 100% of the time it blew up neck end first causing uneven inflation leading to unnecessary stress to that particular end...much better to blow up the far end first progressing slowly to the front. Each time you'll get a much more consistent inflation using the proper technique... ^_*
          Don't worry, I've done the exact same thing before :P

Comment

• LeeRider
            • Nov 2014

Yeah! BalloonSoldier on youtube has some vids showing the correct way to blow up Q646s by mouth......he does a Tilly Slim Jim and some blimps too.....always the closed end first! ....and then slowly inflate it up back all the way to the neck, controlling the inflation with your hands as you blow! Its the same way for all airships, zeps, blimps, GLs and Tilly Workers!

Doll or body shapes can be tricky too!....has anyone had any success blowing up Disney mouse balloons?

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

Not had too much experience with GL's.
              Mouse balloons, Probably you're referring to the larger than 22" ones sold at Disney. I've had the smaller (14"?) ones sold at Toy's R Us in UK. I've just blown into the mouth piece and just kept going, blow slowly, very slow to allow the ears to inflate, one after the other. If you blow too quickly or use a pump, the body keeps expanding before the ears have a chance to stretch, & then BANG, its gone. My experience may work for larger mouse ear balloons, but I've never tried them.

Comment

• Blustrkuk86
                • Jun 2015

I've bought Gl500 and recently Gl700, i found it easy to grip the mouth end of them to stop them inflating at the front first, if you like sitting on them sit near the mouth of it and the air will head straight to the end of the airship feels good as well, i use my electric pump

Comment

• BASILIS
                  • Dec 2019

How can i make necks on gl balloons

Can someone tell me or help me how can i make necks on gl balloons plz

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎