X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninecy
    • Oct 2016

Fetish = LGBTQ?

Hey

Have you ever considered balloon fetishism or fetishism in general as part of LGBTQ stuff, like concerning the "queer" part of the abbreviation?

Looners are definitely a sexual minority (even more like gays, lesbians, transgenders and genderqueers, as I suppose). Woulnd't you also count that to the term 'LGBTQ'?

If your straight, do you sexual preferences change when it comes to balloons?

Have you ever been to pride events to celebrate your fetish?

Often there are BDSM people at those events that might have a relation to our community. I will definitely join the next pride in my hometown next summer! How about you?
    Still dreaming of my first balloon...
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: Fetish = LGBTQ?

My sexual preferences definitely change when it comes to my balloon fetish, i dont know why, but i definitely desire the same gender when it comes to balloon play ,videos, etc
    The bigger the better

Comment

• ninecy
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Blowitbig
      My sexual preferences definitely change when it comes to my balloon fetish, i dont know why, but i definitely desire the same gender when it comes to balloon play ,videos, etc
      Nice to hear that. Would you fancy someone also if you've seen him/her with balloons and later you meet him/her without balloon context? Or is it just for the moment?

Normally Im straight, but I actually can't resist any human being - assuming he/she/whatever is not too ugly or creepy of course - feeding my fetished. I'd consider myself a bi under certain conditions... After I've seen somebody of the other gender blow up a balloon, I really always feel a bit more aroused next to them than before seeing them do so... They're always related to the balloon they've blow up since then

Would you go join a pride parade?

Comment

• Blowitbig
        • Jan 2016

The balloon interaction takes on a whole different level for me,
        The bigger the better

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

When it comes to balloons, I actually prefer women over men even more than I usually do. I'm sure there's a handful of men in the world that I'd enjoy seeing with balloons, but chances seems really low.
          That being said, having a balloon fetish has definitely made me a lot more openminded when it comes to sexual preferences and different fetishes, even if I don't personally like the stuff

Comment

• Blowitbig
            • Jan 2016

I have to agree that because my sexual preferences change when it comes to my balloon fetish and desire To interact with big balloons,I have a much greater respect for individuals that like different things.
            The bigger the better

Comment

• lucid
              • Sep 2016

Hey Ninecy, I suppose you could consider it part of the acronym if you throw the q into it. I think it would be much cooler for us to come up with our own acronym that more accurately describes who we are if that's your thing. For me personally I never have told anybody how I get down in the bedroom... unless they happen to be in the bedroom with me lol. On the flip side of things, Im not concerned how other people get down in the bedroom either. Having this fetish, as some have noted, has made me more understanding of the other kinks out there for sure. But, at the same time I think our kinks make up a small part of who we are as individuals. They make up the small covert part of us, that are so insignificant to the outside world that they would have no bearing or effect on our non sexual relationships if we dont mention them. Which is why im kind of hesitant to throw myself into a group who's core requisites segregate from the rest of society based on inconsequential character traits. To the point of having their own separate flag. I support freedom of association no matter what, but i do find it creates division where none need be. And the higher ups in our society, aka "elites" then capitalize on those divisions. Sorry for the long post. Hope no offense was taken as none was intended. Have a good 1 everybody.

Comment

• ninecy
                • Oct 2016

First of all: What a beautiful post!ยน I haven't done that much dialectic reflexion on the topic. There are some very interesting points in your answer:

Originally posted by lucid
                I think it would be much cooler for us to come up with our own acronym that more accurately describes who we are if that's your thing. [...] im kind of hesitant to throw myself into a group who's core requisites segregate from the rest of society based on inconsequential character traits. To the point of having their own separate flag. I support freedom of association no matter what, but i do find it creates division where none need be.
                You're remarking two very contrary points here. Designing our own flag or acronym would just make us a "segregated" group like you consider the LGTBQ community in some way. (It would be an interesting idea, though!) On the other hand, forming groups helps unite and include members in order to form a community of people having the same "kinks".
                I totally agree with you that all symbolism concerning the LGBTQ community might act as a divisor between straights and the "rest". But when I consult my LGBTQ friends, they all tell me about their great desire to "belong" or to exchange with like-minded they had before getting in touch with other members of whatever their community is. In that sence, there is also some social need for designated groups of sexual minorities, as it appears to me. These communities give something to hold on, to exchange and have an emotional settlement opposing the lack of understanding in a mainly "straight" world.
                If you look at us communicating through this forum, you'll notice it's quite the same with us. Therefore I do really see a point gathering in groups of sexually like-minded.

So do you really see a "core requisite" of the LGBTQ community in segregation? Where do you see that?

creates division where none need be
                Does it really? Of course, not everybody counts him/herself to LGBTQ, but does it exercise "division" of people? (Well, that depends on the open-mindedness of those involved I assume.) It really also unites people of a certain (initially virtual) group of LGBTQs. The weighting of both division and inclusion really depends on the context, here!

I think our kinks make up a small part of who we are as individuals. They make up the small covert part of us, that are so insignificant to the outside world that they would have no bearing or effect on our non sexual relationships if we dont mention them.
                Well, another time - very dialectic. I would definitely consider my fetish as a (not too small) part of my personality! Would you? The lack of effect of our special sexuality is obviously owed to the lack of awareness. Or would being gay/lesbian make such a difference to you when meeting people in non-sexual contexts - if there wasn't that extensive social dispute about it? How much (more) effect does having a "socially established" different orientation have on non-sexual issues? Does it have more impact than a fetish just because it is more significant to the concerned? (is it?)

Sorry for the long post.
                Ditto! Hope I did understand everything right in your post and hope that mine is clear enough, too!

-------
                ยน honestly, w/o being sarcastic
                Last edited by ninecy; 09-10-2016, 01:20. Reason: Syntax error

Comment

• lionlooner
                  • Apr 2016

Maybe I'm the unpopular answer here, but kinks and fetishes aren't something I would put under the LGBTQ acronym. Definitely a sexual minority depending on the kink in question, but being LGBTQ is more than a fetish, and I don't feel it's right to put them under the umbrella.

That being said, my opinion is not the only one, and I really don't mind one way or the other. o:

Comment

• Orzel
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by lionlooner
                    Maybe I'm the unpopular answer here, but kinks and fetishes aren't something I would put under the LGBTQ acronym. Definitely a sexual minority depending on the kink in question, but being LGBTQ is more than a fetish, and I don't feel it's right to put them under the umbrella.
                    I gotta agree with this myself, I definitely don't identify myself with LGBTQ. I wouldn't really put fetishes themselves under that acronym.

Comment

• JR Looner
                      • May 2015

Just curious... But how would those looners that are only attracted to inflatables or balloons fit into this category? With balloons/inflatables being the only source of attraction and/or sexual interest. I feel it is fair to bridge the gap between the looner community and LGBTQ community only if the looner is attracted to another person that fits the definition of the latter community, with or without the balloons/inflatables being present.

I, for one, am straight. If a balloon or inflatable is brought out, my sexual orientation does not waiver. I also enjoy watching said partner, with or without balloons/inflatables present, walking around in latex clothing or a lack thereof clothing all together.

To put 'all' looners into a category that is actually rooted in one human being attracted to another human (both animated objects) would not be the proper place for us 'all'. Looners are moreso an animated object that is attracted to or aroused by a balloon/inflatable (which is an in-animate object). I just thought I would add in my thoughts on this matter, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to any who read this post.

Thanks for reading. Take care and keep on looning!
                      JR
                      Last edited by JR Looner; 12-10-2016, 07:12. Reason: Misspelled a word

Comment

• craggy2012
                        • Jan 2012

Interesting point.... Me, myself I'm straight, happily in a very hands on, physcial, long term relationship with my partner and my sexual identity doesn't change or alter with my fetish interests. I've joined other fetish groups and forums over the years and it's an interesting observation I've made that because I'm predominantly into things like balloon play, wearing latex gear, into PVC inflatables ect- everyone assumes that I must be gay- when I'm not. Where this stereotype came from really mystifies me at times.

It just those are my kinks, it's been like that since I was very young- found my self drawn to PVC inflatables at an early age in life (and, other than wearing latex gear obviously) things quickly developed into a physical fetish long before I knew of, or understood the term. Your body just reacts and does what it does. It's not a trait you learn or become- it's more something that's hard wired into us from birth even if it takes a few years to discover or make the connections and fathom out what's going on.

On the other hand, my fetish lifestyle doesn't dominate my life, nor our relationship togethe. Though, she's very supportive and accepted things from very early on in our relationship and certainly enjoys sharing them and having them around us- not that we make use of them day in, day out either.

Comment

• lucid
                          • Sep 2016

Heya again ninecy! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, ive just had a bunch of stuff going on recently. I enjoyed reading your response though. Its a very interesting topic indeed.

On the 1st part of my initial response, I was just trying to say I think it would be more effective or helpful and certainly alot cooler to come up with our own acronym if Its your thing. The whole lgbtq+ thing kind of already has its chosen demographics laid out and when it is mentioned in a crowd, "looners" wouldn't be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 10th thing people would think of when they hear it. If enough people were into it, you could design something different that would encompass the balloon, latex, inflatable communities and hell even furries could get in on it, it would also bump our numbers quite a bit. And ive noticed that looners and furries tend to run in packs online lol. I say this only because the topic was brought up and I thought it was interesting. I would personally have no desire to label myself with either group. I don't even like to use the term looner to describe myself. No offence meant, but it sounds like a word that took about .2 seconds to come up with to describe a whole swath of people. I still use the word for lack of a better word and so people will know what i'm talking about.

As far as my other comment, I see nothing wrong with groups forming on the basis of whatever lines they want to form on. The desire to fit in or belong is just human nature. As i previously stated, i'm all for freedom of association. We even have our own groups mainly online but still groups nonetheless. But, these conversations are in our groups and for our groups. If we gather together in a bar or in an online forum such as this we are gonna talk about balloon stuff or whatever, but when in mixed company, we probably aren't going to mention it very much, if at all. reason being for me personally, I don't think anybody cares or wants to know. As I stated before, these are inconsequential character traits. When I meet somebody, I care about how they treat people that serve them food, how they get by when they have nothing, how they behave when they have everything, how kind are they, how responsible are they, what are their politics, how generous are they with what they have and so on and so on. What I dont care about is where they put their pee pees. Because its irrelevant to all the rest of their being as a human. I see sexual preferences as preferences not identities speaking for myself of course. Others can ID how they so choose obviously. But ive noticed, where ID is based on sexuality there seems to be an "us vs them" paradigm where there is really no benefit. Not assigning blame to either side here just sayin.

I would indeed classify my sexuality is a microscopic part of my being as a whole. Thats not to say it isn't important or even a powerful part. So powerful even that if you don't control it, it could very well control you. I remember reading a story about a guy that broke into a gym and had a pop fest with a butcher knife on the exercise balls. But, you have countless facets to the human mind and personality all of which intersect, fit in and intertwine with the rest of society at large but...for this part, its more exclusive, for however many partners we have and for the handfull of people that also "get it" Good talking with you bro. Everybody have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎