Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nonpop25
    • Sep 2018

Not Alone!!

So happy that I found this site and found out I am not alone in my balloon fetish!! I'm a 25 year old non popper and am so happy to find this community!! Would love to chat to some other looners to talk to!!

I've always been ashamed of my love of balloons but now that I know I'm not alone I'm going to celebrate and take a long weekend to celebrate and get some large balloons and helium balloons
  • LoonLover1999

Re: Not Alone!!

Ok I’m usually a quiet guy on here. Just read and don’t reply but this is a special case.

First off welcome to the forum. Second off I can understand the whole I thought I was the only one thing. The balloon fetish is among the fewer known fetishes so it’s hard to come by unless you know what to look for.

Finally, never be ashamed. It’s the way you are and you can’t control what the body desires. That is what separates us from other people. Only a Looner can understand the mindset of another person with a balloon fetish which creates the whole image of being wierd. Your among friends now who are the exact same or very similar.

Got any questions about the fetish don’t be afraid to talk to me in private because you are going through exactly what I wasn’t feeling wise before I found this forum.

Comment

• Seasidelad
      • Sep 2018

I had a similar experience thought it must be me until one day looking on line whilst looking for balloon content I found a balloon fetish discussion site like this one and realised there are people all over the earth the same.

I recently joined here as this has more active members and plenty of new topics.

Comment

• MetroBalloon
        • Oct 2017

Welcome, and yes, the fetish is not all that known.

There are plenty of videos on youtube you can watch, though.

Would you like to talk?

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

Imagine getting into it all back.in the mid to late 80's before the internet or social media..... Back then you literally was alone unless you personally knew someone else into the scene.

Comment

• BusterBill
            Founder, Balloon Buddies
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by craggy2012
            Imagine getting into it all back.in the mid to late 80's before the internet or social media..... Back then you literally was alone unless you personally knew someone else into the scene.

Before the 80's we had The Balloon Buddies pen pal correspondence group which at its peak reached over 3,000 looners around the world.

The group began in 1976 using listings in the personals advert section of adult magazines to find people. There was even a quarterly newsletter featuring member-contributed stories. Then in late 80's came AOL, Compuserve, Prodigy, and several other pre-Internet services that featured email listservers, online chat rooms, and bulletin boards that were precursors to browser—based forums such as this one. But because computer access was expensive, the number of people with access was very small compared to today's universal ability of everyone to use the Internet.

Interestly, the opening page of the Balloon Buddies first web site, which went online in 1995, featured an animation which asked the question "Bet you thought you were the only one, didn't you?" The original balloonbuddies.com site is probably still accessible at the Internet Archive at web.archive.org
            Last edited by BusterBill; 05-10-2018, 17:05.

Comment

• BusterBill
              Founder, Balloon Buddies
              • Nov 2016

Just another historical note - - after the first commercially available latex balloons became available in mid or late 1800's Victorian England, there were mentions of balloon fetishists in literature of the period.

Young students at Oxford and Cambridge schools wrote about this fascinating new means of attaining arousal and orgasm. They talked about their experiences in a most innocent way, really just expressing wonder and curiousity about how a simple latex toy could be so erotic.

I've lost my photocopies of the Victorian stories. They were sent to me years ago by a fellow looner who was a scholar of Victorian literature. The copies were made on some kind of copy machine whose ink faded away, leaving me with yellowed, fragile, brittle blank paper.

Anyway I think it's fascinating to know that our fetish goes all the way back to the beginning of the latex balloon in the 1800's.

Comment

• BYGavia
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BusterBill
                Anyway I think it's fascinating to know that our fetish goes all the way back to the beginning of the latex balloon in the 1800's.
                That’s fascinating. That doesn’t seem to be common knowledge. I’m kind of glad it’s not — imagine parents being reluctant to give balloons to kids because it could cause “immoral behavior” or some bull. That would be depressing.

I’m probably reading into it too much, though — it’s still an interesting historical factoid.

Comment

• BusterBill
                  Founder, Balloon Buddies
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
                  That’s fascinating. That doesn’t seem to be common knowledge. I’m kind of glad it’s not — imagine parents being reluctant to give balloons to kids because it could cause “immoral behavior” or some bull. That would be depressing.

I’m probably reading into it too much, though — it’s still an interesting historical factoid.
                  Yep, I think you're overthinking it. There are far more feet, shoe and panty fetishists in the world than there are looners, but no one is advocating that kids must go barefoot and without underware because they fear their kids will turn into pervy shoe lovers dressed in Victoria Secret lace. ��
                  Last edited by BusterBill; 05-10-2018, 17:48.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
                    • Mar 2016

Just another historical note - - after the first commercially available latex balloons became available in mid or late 1800's Victorian England, there were mentions of balloon fetishists in literature of the period.

Young students at Oxford and Cambridge schools wrote about this fascinating new means of attaining arousal and orgasm. They talked about their experiences in a most innocent way, really just expressing wonder and curiousity about how a simple latex toy could be so erotic.

I've lost my photocopies of the Victorian stories. They were sent to me years ago by a fellow looner who was a scholar of Victorian literature. The copies were made on some kind of copy machine whose ink faded away, leaving me with yellowed, fragile, brittle blank paper.

I’d love to read that if you could find it. That’s pretty amazing, and yet honestly not even really surprising. It’s a really fun and harmless fetish to have!

Comment

• SuTeKh
                      • Sep 2018

I myself thought i was the only one with the fetish as well. Im truly happy to have found this site. Would love to chat and get to know other looners more. Over the years as i started seeing more of it on the internet i started really indulging in it. Happy to hopefully get to chat with others like myself as its honestly hard to confess the fetish to friends and loved ones but i love chatting about it!

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
                        POP-O-RAMA!
                        • Feb 2016

I spent roughly eight years thinking I was alone in the world. I started on this journey before the internet became publicly available. I remember going to the public library searching psychology books and even "dream interpretation" books trying to find out what was "wrong" with me. I was embarrassed and ashamed of these feelings and confused because I didn't understand it or myself.
                        I didn't have the word "fetish" in my lexicon yet. So I had no idea what I was feeling and fantasizing about was even called (yet.) It was an overwhelming experience to find this community of others like myself. This community has been my "support group" for twenty years now. I am thankful that I found others like myself and to not feel so alone in the world.

Twenty years? I can't believe it's been that long. Let's hope this community sticks together (in one way or another) for at least another twenty!

MikeTheBouncer
                        Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 12-02-2019, 01:32.

Comment

• Creeperlooner
                          • Jan 2020

I’m very very interested in those stories! Is there any register of looners in the beginning of the 20th century? I heard a story long time ago in the Balloon Buddies that the soon the latex balloons were introduced in the United States in 1930 it became a sex toy for marines in long ship travels.

Who was the very first looner person ever existed?

Comment

• globos&bears
                            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Nonpop25
                            So happy that I found this site and found out I am not alone in my balloon fetish!! I'm a 25 year old non popper and am so happy to find this community!! Would love to chat to some other looners to talk to!!

I've always been ashamed of my love of balloons but now that I know I'm not alone I'm going to celebrate and take a long weekend to celebrate and get some large balloons and helium balloons
                            Hi there, it is nice to see that you foud a community that understand you. Welcome!

I totaly understand your "i am not alone" feeling, it is probably that all people in the forum has this same feeling in their early ages. For me until my 20s I thought that I was the only one with this feeling for balloons. At my 26 i knew my first boyfriend from Ballon Buddy List, surprisingly he lived in my same neighboor in Buenos Aires at 20 blocks from my home, thank you internet :-).

Comment

• Will blown
                              • Jan 2020

Before the 80's we had The Balloon Buddies pen pal correspondence group which at its peak reached over 3,000 looners around the world.
                              Thank God for the Balloon Buddies! It may have been one of my first discoveries when the web just bagan. I remember literally shaking for days when I found out there were other people who loved balloons the way I do. That list changed my life and turned something I was ashamed of, tried to hide, tried to get rid of into something I embrace. The best thing that ever happened to my relationship and probably the one thing that has helped keep my wife and I together for nearly 30 years! No desire to have affairs as I always can have multiple 10's that never say now and always are amazing and they do not threaten my wife.

Thank you so much BusterBill for that list. I think a lot of us owe the early pioneers an awful lot. Where would I be without the Balloon Buddies?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎