Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • looner_ninja
    • Oct 2019

Does blowing up balloons help with axienty

As above does any find it helps control anxiety? If so it would be great to here how it has worked out for anyone else.

I can have panic attacks (I was violently assaulted a few years back, which was the trigger, before that I was normal dude) that can be intense, it feels fucking terrible. One of the techniques to manage this is breathing obviously blowing up a balloon means you need to inhale & exhale deeply & takes you into the present/the moment. So I thought that just blowing a balloon up might help, get my breathing back to normal.

Any thoughts
    Last edited by looner_ninja; 24-10-2019, 20:17.
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty

Hmm, as a semi-popper blowing up a balloon can make me anxious (I usually don't want them to pop) but at the same time it takes my mind off of other (potentially more anxiety-inducing) topics.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
      • Oct 2016

As much as any other breathing exersize I suppose, I've used it when angry.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
        • Nov 2018

I find blowing up balloons to be relaxing and fun. I inflate 1 to 3 balloons to a nice plump size, then clip them. I come back later and give them a few more breathes, until tight. Repeat as often as you dare; inflated balloons tend to soften and/or loose air with time. After many years of playing with balloons, I have a good idea of how far I can go.

Eventually, I'll deflate these balloons and put them aside for a massive balloon session later. They will get nice and big with a second or third inflate.

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
          • Oct 2019

This goes either way with me. As you said, breathing in and out deeply is a classic way to calm down, and since I like balloons it sometimes works especially well. Although, since I'm a phobic non-popper, sometimes I get too scared to continue blowing and let go of the balloon. It isn't so bad though because I actually like deflation ��.
          Speaking of deflation, part the reason why I like it is because I see it as a metaphor for releasing all the tension in you.
          *notices bulge*

Comment

• srob2
            • Dec 2017

After a b2p, it is difficult to be anxious about anything else.

Comment

• SusieDK
              • Dec 2017

Hi there,

It might well be of help as it probably occupies your thoughts. Just be careful not to blow too fast, because this can cause hyperventilation which will probably increase anxiety instead of helping you to calm down.

Best of luck!

Susie

Comment

• Eastlooner
                • Apr 2019

Yes, Susie you are right. Hyperventilation increases the level of anxiety so it's not good to blow them with your breath too fast. But in the case of my wife balloon blowing with pump works very well. She used to have anxiety disorders in the past. Nowadays they have dissappeared. Sometimes, when she has problems, we get a 16-18" balloon, blow it, write all the problems on it and then pop it with any method, btp with pump is the most often used...So, it helps

Comment

• MetroBalloon
                  • Oct 2017

Blowing up balloons is relaxing (knowing they don't have any defects and will get big and tight). Kind of nervous watching other people blow up balloons, though at the same time I still really like it.

Blowing up balloons is like blowing all your stress into the balloon and sealing it away, then it turns into a big, bright and colourful object that's happy and joyful to look at and play with.

Comment

• looner_ninja
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Eastlooner
                    Yes, Susie you are right. Hyperventilation increases the level of anxiety so it's not good to blow them with your breath too fast. But in the case of my wife balloon blowing with pump works very well. She used to have anxiety disorders in the past. Nowadays they have dissappeared. Sometimes, when she has problems, we get a 16-18" balloon, blow it, write all the problems on it and then pop it with any method, btp with pump is the most often used...So, it helps
                    Does that work writing it down on the balloon & popping it? Sounds like a cool idea. I can hopefully push everything into remission, but there is no cure for me it is about living your best life.

Originally posted by bubblesNdragons
                    This goes either way with me. As you said, breathing in and out deeply is a classic way to calm down, and since I like balloons it sometimes works especially well. Although, since I'm a phobic non-popper, sometimes I get too scared to continue blowing and let go of the balloon. It isn't so bad though because I actually like deflation ��.
                    Speaking of deflation, part the reason why I like it is because I see it as a metaphor for releasing all the tension in you.
                    Oh wow, good to hear that works I'll give it try. So did you just keeping blowing & deflating the balloon until you felt a bit better? Absolutely I wouldn't want to pop the balloon either (not in this context) because when your wound up sudden noises aren't helpful. I metaphor that is a nice way of putting it.

Originally posted by SusieDK
                    Hi there,

It might well be of help as it probably occupies your thoughts. Just be careful not to blow too fast, because this can cause hyperventilation which will probably increase anxiety instead of helping you to calm down.

Best of luck!

Susie
                    Thanks, yes it is all about bring yourself back into the moment (the present) to take the mind of past events. Most people don't know how to breath your right, to turn of the flight or flight response hyperventilation isn't helpful.

Originally posted by MetroBalloon
                    Blowing up balloons is relaxing (knowing they don't have any defects and will get big and tight). Kind of nervous watching other people blow up balloons, though at the same time I still really like it.

Blowing up balloons is like blowing all your stress into the balloon and sealing it away, then it turns into a big, bright and colourful object that's happy and joyful to look at and play with.
                    Nice turn the negative energy into something positive that is awesome!

Comment

• SusieDK
                      • Dec 2017

Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty - something else maybe?

Hi,

Just wanted to mention another thing with balloons to maybe help decreasing anxiety:

Blow up a balloon to a size that you are comfortable with and tie it. Then simply bat it around gently trying to keep it in the air. This will require quite some attention and besides it is both nice and gentle. This is very likely to be relaxing. You can of course vary the game by blowing up the balloons more or less, depending on whether or not you want to involve the risk of popping during the exercise.

You can also decide to keep the balloon in the air for a certain time (maybe set a timer). It is not as easy as it may sound to keep a balloon in the air for a longer time - just a few minutes is enough to make it quite demanding and requires significant attention.

I know this is not all within the main topic of the thread, however it might be helpful as an 'anxiety dampening' excersise, and besides it is also nice fun.

Maybe I should also mention that this has very little or maybe even nothing to do with the sexual aspect - it will probably work for anybody. However it might work even better for people with our special 'interest'.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Susie
                      Last edited by SusieDK; 27-10-2019, 08:52.

Comment

• LondonLarry
                        Could be a chat bot
                        • Jul 2019

I don't know about anxiety BUT they do help with Asthma. Blowing 10 or more a day helps asthmatics increase airflow into the lungs and longterm increases capacity for your average asthmatic. Or so the Dr's say.

Comment

• Kiltieman
                          • Jan 2014

My balloon 'thing' started with me being scared of them or more the sudden bang if they burst. Through time I came to conquer that if I was in control lof the balloons. The reall odd thing is that I have this obsession now to blow balloons to the utmost limit. I find when I blow up maybe 30-40 12inch balloons till you can hardly touch them and have them around I feel relaxed. I like to pat them around and hear the resonating pum pum sound balloons make. I am most uneasy however if amongst people who are blowing balloons up and I have no control.

Comment

• Ladywhitewolf
                            • Jan 2019

I have depression and find blowing up balloons is very calming and relaxing for me. I have no idea what it is but it makes me happy.

Comment

• palloncino90
                              • Jan 2018

I have big anxiety and I can say it helps me a lot.
                              I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎