Balloon and Inflatable Fetish Forum

Balloon and Inflatable Fetish Forum (https://www.blowtopop.net/index.php)
-   The Blue Room (https://www.blowtopop.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LoonQuest 2 (new game) (https://www.blowtopop.net/showthread.php?t=20893)

wildheart 21-01-2019 03:05 PM

LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Iím currently working on my new game. Itís going to be similar to the first one I made, but with updated graphics and a new game engine. Iím making the world and characters at the moment. This time there is a map, so should be easier to navigate. I havenít quite got a story in mind. Not sure if I want to make a linear story (like a interactive book) or have you choose your own ending by the choices you make. Let me know what youíd prefer. The characters are completely new unlike the last one. You even get to choose your characters name. Itís set dynamically so the npcís call you by your chosen name. Let me know if you have any ideas. This one should have a proper ending. The last one I had to cut short because of technical difficulties. (Old engine didnít like how large the audio files were. New one should be fine)

Ilooner 21-01-2019 10:14 PM

Re: LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Sounds cool!
I am thinking of "the Stanley parable" but with balloons

Steebs 23-01-2019 08:04 AM

I would say try your best to cater towards poppers and non-poppers.
the only thing your first one lacked really was animations for inflation. the balloons all just appeared everywhere with sound effects.
also as many variations as you can for the sound effects of balloons will be a huge boon for the game

wildheart 23-01-2019 09:34 AM

Definitely thinking about added more choices. Should be able to play the entire game without any popping if you do choose. Thatís the good thing about having your own character. Iíll look into animations. Donít know how easy theyíll be to implement.
Going to add more sound effects. That was my favourite part with the first game.

wildheart 16-02-2019 07:19 PM

Game is going well so far. It’s already longer than the first. I especially love the dialogue in this one. You see the characters face when they talk. It adds a lot to the conversations. Tried some animations, still needs some work though. There’s a lot more choices this time too. Just need more adventures, sounds and a few mini games now.

ALittleFallOfRain5 17-02-2019 07:26 AM

Are you going to add other inflatables? I know it is specifically called LoonQuest2 but I was just curious.

wildheart 17-02-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALittleFallOfRain5 (Post 58991)
Are you going to add other inflatables? I know it is specifically called LoonQuest2 but I was just curious.

Yes, I can. Might have a few beachballs or something in it. Just have to do the graphics for them.

sonarloon 17-02-2019 10:23 PM

Heya,
If your up for it, I'd be willing to help you with sounds. I'm a sound designer and would love to see where this could go.
Your free to send me an email or I could subscribe to this topic, which ever is easiest for you.
Have a good day!

wildheart 12-03-2019 03:48 PM

Game is almost finished. I’m just working on the ending. There’s going to be three depending on certain choices throughout the game. A popper ending, one for semi poppers and a non popper ending. They’re all going to be completely different, so there’s a bit of replayabilty. Most choices throughout the game just change a bit of dialogue, or effect just the current event. But there’s a few that’ll lead to completely different outcomes. You’ll know because I’ll mark the choice with a *

I’ll probably add some secrets and after game events as well, maybe a few side quests that can be done at any point in the game. I much prefer this game to my first one and I hope everyone will enjoy it. I may do more at some point. An expansion isn’t out of the question. Could have a whole new story in the same world or something. Perhaps with different characters. I’m thinking you could play as one of the characters you meet in the main game. We’ll see how it goes. Screenshots coming soon.

Cho 15-03-2019 05:42 PM

Heyy
That game sounds quite interisting. I have some experience with game making and have thought about making a balloon-related game as well. But first I wanted to do some other smaller projects.
What game engine/language do you use for your game?

wildheart 15-03-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cho (Post 59446)
Heyy
That game sounds quite interisting. I have some experience with game making and have thought about making a balloon-related game as well. But first I wanted to do some other smaller projects.
What game engine/language do you use for your game?

Iím using RPG maker mv for this game. Itís pretty simple, but you can script more complicated game mechanics as well. Iíve scripted a few mini games so far, but itís mostly story based.

I made a simple blow to pop simulator for VR once, using a modified version of source 2, using lua scripts. I had to learn everything from scratch. I recommend doing something similar to start with. Keep it simple and go from there. If you intend to make a 3D game, and want 3D models, let me know. Iím not the best designer in the world, but I can do a bit.

This game is a 2d RPG type game if youíre wondering. Nothing groundbreaking, but should be pretty fun.

wildheart 16-03-2019 02:14 PM

Just wondering, is there anyone who wants to play this that doesn’t have a windows computer? I can convert the game to work on Mac, Android, or Linux too, but it’s a little more complicated. I’ll happily do it if anyone wants me too.

Cho 16-03-2019 02:16 PM

For my first game that I made (a Pokemon Fangame) I used RPG Maker as well. But I think I used XP. But I changed to Unity, because I was very limited on the RPG genre.

But anyway I'm looking forward to play your game once you are done.

wildheart 16-03-2019 02:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few screenshots.

Bobywan 17-03-2019 12:11 PM

I just discovered your first game and played it -- it was awesome! The sound effects really made a huge difference. Can't wait for number 2 :D

wildheart 17-03-2019 02:24 PM

Thanks, I’ve added more sounds to this one. Graphics are a bit better too. There’s lots more choices as well because you make your own character. In the last one you were following a set story with a pre made character from my stories. In this one, the character is who you make them to be. You can be an avid popper, phobic non popper, or somewhere in between. The ending will be different depending on your choices.

Bobywan 17-03-2019 11:49 PM

Sounds fantastic! Any indication of a release date?

wildheart 18-03-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobywan (Post 59501)
Sounds fantastic! Any indication of a release date?

Not too much longer now. Just got to finish the three different endings and add a few secrets. Donít want to set an exact date, just know itís getting there. Iíd say itís 90% done.

justasimpleusername 25-03-2019 07:26 AM

I would be very happy if in LoonQuest2 there will be something simmilar to what Winter wanted to do in the basement. But with no escape :D.

wildheart 25-03-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justasimpleusername (Post 59642)
I would be very happy if in LoonQuest2 there will be something simmilar to what Winter wanted to do in the basement. But with no escape :D.

Havenít done the non popper ending yet. Could add something like this as one of the possible endings.

Benga 27-03-2019 06:46 AM

I don't want to make you do any more work, but my attempts to use a converter on my Mac to be able to play an .exe file have failed, sadly. I would be appreciative if you could design Mac versions of your Loonquest chapters / games 1 and 2. At your convenience, of course, and only if you want to. To speak in both a selfish and a selfless way, I think there will be value beyond just my own request for you to have your game(s) available on multiple platforms anyway.

wildheart 27-03-2019 10:03 AM

I can convert the second game for Mac pretty easily. Just need to change a few file formats before exporting. I can’t do the same for the first game though. It was made in an old engine and only exports as an .exe.
It’s possible to export to iOS as well, but it requires a Mac. Also you have to compile it yourself or have a developer licence.

You can even make a html 5 version for webpages. I’ll probably just do windows and Mac though. Possibly Linux too, depending on how difficult it is.

wildheart 27-03-2019 09:30 PM

Game is almost done. Just got to finish the last ending. It’s taken around 50 hours so far. I’ve just realised converting to Mac is easy. Don’t even have to do any work. It’s ios and Linux that are a bit harder.

OverTheTop 27-03-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benga (Post 59681)
I don't want to make you do any more work, but my attempts to use a converter on my Mac to be able to play an .exe file have failed, sadly. I would be appreciative if you could design Mac versions of your Loonquest chapters / games 1 and 2. At your convenience, of course, and only if you want to. To speak in both a selfish and a selfless way, I think there will be value beyond just my own request for you to have your game(s) available on multiple platforms anyway.

For future reference, the best bet for running Windows programs on Linux/Mac is usually WINE, which can be downloaded here.

wildheart 31-03-2019 08:29 PM

Done! Main quest is now fully complete. I'll be adding side quests and extra secrets in future content patches. For now, enjoy what I've made.

Have fun!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qn...4BwOhYykEciFJq (windows download)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uk...GUxHTD0Furc46f (Mac download)

Windows users: open zip file and extract the contents to wherever you like and open the .exe file inside. As with my first game, windows may not like it because it's an exe without a publisher. Just click more info and allow it.

Mac users: Extract zip and open app file. This version is untested as I don't have a Mac on hand to test with.

Let me know if you discover a game breaking bug, and I'll hot fix it ASAP. Linux version may come soon if there's any demand for it.

ChillinHaze 01-04-2019 12:47 PM

Didn't find anything game breaking but there are a few spots in which the walls ain't solid and you can walk through and over them. In the beach shop for example.

And I don't think it's intended that Myra is in your party from the very beginning of the game. Kinda a spoiler and breaking consistency, I guess.

Other than that I only found a typo in the non-popping ending where Myra inflates a balloon. In the text it says on "perpose" instead of on purpose.
I think it was when she is inflating that second long balloon.

Pretty neat so far, hope you'll add more fun content.

It's cool you tried to add inflatables too but it's noticeable that they ain't your thing given how fast they are done and over with compared to the other scenes.

Maybe you would do better with asking the writers on here who do inflatables if they could help out with doing scripts for scenes with them?
So you don't have to strain yourself.

Sirprise 01-04-2019 01:24 PM

Great game! Somehow canít save on Mac but I plays fast enough so it doesnít matter.

Got popper ending first. Trying to go for the semi ending... not sure if I will get it.

wildheart 01-04-2019 03:40 PM

Will get to fixing the bugs tonight. Thanks for reporting them. The wall one is easy, I obviously forgot to add collision. Don’t know why Myra is in the party from the start, I’ll double check the starting party. I added Myra later on, so it might have automatically added her.
I can do more with inflatables. I actually started playing with inflatables first, so I’m no stranger to them. Just need to add more graphics for them. They’re a little more difficult than balloons.

Don’t know why saving doesn’t work on Mac. Maybe the game doesn’t have write access. Hard to fix as I don’t own a Mac. Could always use google. Game engine is RPG maker mv. Could be a known issue.

Thanks for trying my game. I’ll be sure to add more. Next update will be lots of side quests that you can start in any order, and hidden secrets and items you can find.

wildheart 01-04-2019 04:12 PM

Bugs are squashed. That didn’t take long. Let me know if you discover any more. Updated versions have the same link as before. Backup your save before updating if you want the same character.

ChillinHaze 01-04-2019 04:44 PM

Had a quick look around and didn't find anything else. ^^

If you need refs or so for adding other inflatables maybe we can help somehow?

wildheart 01-04-2019 06:08 PM

Yeah that could be useful. Iíll find or record some more sounds for it too.

ChillinHaze 02-04-2019 09:55 AM

What kind of reference materials would you need to add other inflatables? Just pictures, or full fledged ref sheets?

Talking about sounds, I do have some recorded that might be handy.
Just say the word and I'll dig them out.

wildheart 02-04-2019 12:37 PM

Photos are fine as I’m only doing 2d sprites. I would only need full reference sheets if I was making a 3D model to scale. (I actually did a basic model to trace when making the current inflatables in the game) this game obviously doesn’t support 3D models though. I am thinking about making a 3D render though. Then I could have larger pictures. I could have a “battle” screen with a balloon/inflatable and the characters. Much like I did in my first game.

What sort of sounds did you have recorded? Can do basic stuff myself, although I don’t have a production level mic or anything.

ChillinHaze 02-04-2019 07:11 PM

The sounds I have are longer sequences of riding a toy and one is inflation.

Shouldn't be hard to split them into smaller snippets to make sounds for multiple use.

wildheart 02-04-2019 08:16 PM

Just recorded a bit myself. Quality is fine. I’ll let you know if I need more. Working on a pool scene now. I’ve added equip-able water wings so far.

Benga 06-05-2019 08:26 AM

Are you taking general gameplay suggestions for a Loonquest 3, if there is one?

wildheart 06-05-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benga (Post 60555)
Are you taking general gameplay suggestions for a Loonquest 3, if there is one?

Of course. Not sure if Iíll make another anytime soon. I will be adding more content to the latest one though. I want to have lots of stuff to do after completing the main quest.

Benga 06-05-2019 06:36 PM

My main thought for an alternate take on this game would be setting up character traits at the beginning. You could have, say, 5 character profiles to choose from: lustful popper, slight phobic but curious, extreme phobic, "more interested in Meg sexually than in her balloons," or a generic woman that is midway between all of these. And each character would have certain traits that could be enhanced (or lost, perhaps) over time: A bullying meter, a mischief meter, an empathy meter, a horny meter, a "loud bang tolerance" meter and a fear meter. Maybe the phobics have shoes that can run really fast away from a bang, or maybe ear plugs with a certain amount of noise resistance until or unless they get worn down to being useless. Maybe some characters have the ability to tell the player to turn the volume up one notch on his/her computer, upon completion of a task. Maybe the lustful popper has a certain kind of pump. Or maybe if the mischief meter on a character gets high enough, she is able to "hide" the earplugs of all characters around her, or lock the door to trap victims.

Example: Your character (Kim) is an extreme phobic. She will gain health points the longer she is able to avoid a bang, and lose them when she can't. Her sneakers have 4 uses in them, but can be replenished if she completes a certain quest, though the quest will be dangerously full of balloon traps. Her bullying meter is 20/100, since she doesn't want to bully other NPC's, but if it is the difference between her getting the brunt of a bang and another character in her place, she'll take that option. She does get horny for Meg, but will always encourage Meg to kiss her rather than scare her. Her "bang tolerance" is 15/100, since even quiet balloons popping are frightening, but if she builds up enough tolerance, this number could rise (or if she gets scared enough, it could fall). Kim has the ability to put in ear plugs, though they cost her. She can also ask for more "about-to-pop" warnings during games. she also has a hose in order to blow to pop from across the room when she is too scared.

OR

Your character ("Heather") is a lustful popper. Her meters will rise based upon her blow-to-pop count and her ability to scare others. Her bullying meter starts at 75/100 and can increase if she completes certain side quests. Her empathy meter starts at 20/100, but she'd like to get that down to 0 to be an even more effective sadist. She likes Meg, but only as a partner in crime scaring the phobic. Heather can make balloons exceed their rated size by more puffs, so that the bang is louder and scarier. She is better at lying to scared NPC's about her intentions, with 3 extra "deception crystals" in her purse. If a scared character tries to run, Heather will run after her, gaining points both for re-trapping the character, but also for increasing the trauma of the eventual bang.

Side quests, in this case, would be aimed at enhancing your character, and choosing the right (or wrong) intended line of dialogue could also affect their scores. Will your character just be straight ahead in her lust for the bang, or will she bait-and-switch her way to it, or will she just sit silently while others are doing what she secretly wants? Each strategy could result in a payoff of meter changes and new items and even new exclusive locations. And/or your character could "gamble" some of her stats on those mini-games (like the blindfold "tell me when to stop" game). And if your overall score reaches a certain level by the end of the day (suitable enough avoidance for phobics, or suitable enough sexual stimuli for the "likes Meg more than balloons" character, or suitable enough destruction of others for the bully character), then you get the Certified Bully / Phobic / Well-Adjusted Normal Woman badge at the end. If you don't reach the thresholds, you are sent back to try again.

I don't know about technical capabilities of making any of this work. It is just that when I saw you tell people that three different endings are available (for Chapter 2), but most of the rest of the adventure is locked into the exact same story, it made me wonder if it was better for your character to actually gain or lose points based upon her choices. And whether there is a way to enhance the experience beyond just the same array of balloon-breathing anticipations.

wildheart 06-05-2019 08:07 PM

Those are some really great ideas. Unfortunately the engine is quite basic and most of that stuff would be impossible (or incredibly complex with custom plugins and code that’s beyond my capability) a basic version may be possible though. You can have custom stats and have events change based spin them. It’ll take a very long time though. The reason most of the story in my current game follows a linear path, is because it’s very tedious writing out multiple paths the character can follow. I find most choose your own adventure games lack much depth or length because of this. Loonquest 2 took around 40-50 hours and takes around 30-40 minutes to complete. Imagine how much longer it would take if I had lots more paths to write.
Thanks for the ideas though. I’ll think about implementing them in future games.

Benga 10-06-2019 03:42 AM

To get around the "time consuming" issue, this would be my suggestion, if you did want to branch into the idea of different characters each undertaking their separate objectives:

You spend a lot of, say, LQ 2 with the women B2P'ing in different locations, without much variance in any other aspect (other than maybe the loudness of the sound effects). "Let's B2P in a cave, then in a house, then in a park, then in a tent, then in another cave." This probably leads a lot of time-consuming dialogue and sprawling rendering of graphics. Maybe instead your focus would be, say, just 4 main screens, with (say) 12 tasks for whatever character you choose. "Your goal is to avoid as many bangs as possible, or take as little of the brunt of as many of the bangs you do hear as possible." "Your goal is to trap and scare 4 different phobic women or the same phobic woman 3 times." "Your goal is to pop a balloon in all 8 locations before your rival does." So the scope of the game would be "smaller" but more interesting, and there'd be a way to "win" with each character if you undertook the correct steps. And "Kim," who is phobic, might interact with "Heather," who loves scaring other girls, in multiple scenarios, but if you're controlling Kim or if you're controlling Heather, or if you're controlling Diane, who is simply observing Heather and Kim interact, your objective would be different, so the scenario may end differently.

I'd be interested in helping write some of such a game, perhaps.