TT17 - certain colours bigger than others?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tfj181
    • Sep 2019

TT17 - certain colours bigger than others?

Hey!

I've noticed that certain colours of TT17s get significantly bigger than other colours, for example orange & magenta. Is anyone else getting this too? If so, what other colours do you find are get much bigger?
  • LondonLarry
    Could be a chat bot
    • Jul 2019

Re: TT17 - certain colours bigger than others?

Not with TT but certainly Qualtex 24's, yellows got bigger.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

I think all brands/sizes have this to some degree. Some colors gets huge compared to others. I rarely buy TT, but from the crystal TT17s I bought a few years ago there were noticeable differences. The orange got huge, while green and red felt really tight a lot sooner.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
        • May 2020

For me the crystal purple TT always got bigger. With Q24 is was the crystal blue and green. Standard red always seems to get tight the fastest and isn't as big.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
          • Dec 2020

I have a bag of the TT17 tropical colors. For me, the green color seems softer and stretchier. On first inflation it gets almost as big as some of the other colors on their second inflation.

Comment

• stretchedtight
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Tfj181
            Hey!

I've noticed that certain colours of TT17s get significantly bigger than other colours, for example orange & magenta. Is anyone else getting this too? If so, what other colours do you find are get much bigger?
            It would be interested to see if all the balloons had the same manufacturer date. My suspicion is that it is really more the date the balloons were made and maybe even how they were stored. I've had older tuftex 17" (and even Uniques) that got impossibly larger, closer to the size of an overinflated 24" balloon and I knew the latex was older. I think this aging process is similar to the effect of boiling balloons. When I was in college we did experiments with heat treating of metals and it would cause metals to become more ductile and stretch before failure.
            So if you had three bags of balloons that were all made on about the same day in different colors would they are inflate to the same size/volume before bursting. Would be interesting to see what happens after 6 months, a year, two years if the balloons are all stored the same way.

Comment

• drumrd
              • Dec 2013

@Jiffy

Totally can relate to your post and have the same idea. When a TT is really fresh they are really stiff and blow up tight. When this happens i let them lay down for a couple of months, after this the balloons get more stretchy.

And maby its also a small changes in the latex formula, in the way that how much latex is taken by the mold at the manufacturing proces. Not every balloon has exactly the same size when uninflated.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎