Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloonPatcher
    • Jun 2020

Do you count?

When inflating I count how many puffs. I don't remember when I started to do this but it helps me know where the inflation is. I was wondering if any one else does this.
  • TheMole
    • Nov 2019

Re: Do you count?

I do this too sometimes. Helps me remember how much pressure some balloons can take lol

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

Sometimes I count -- especially if I'm inflating a large number of the same balloon, to get the sizes somewhat consistent. (Three big breaths for an 11" to make it the right size for a column; four if I want it to be nice and full. Repeat as necessary.)

It's a bit dependent on your cardiopulmonary fitness though. I know that when I was working out regularly, three breaths gave me a bigger balloon than when I wasn't!

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

I used to when inflating inflatables, can’t say I ever have with balloons though as I mostly use an inflator nowadays.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
          • Nov 2018

I like to count when I am stretching out a balloon. Something like: 10 puffs and check the size. Or after clipping closed a balloon and letting the latex stretch, then adding 3 big puffs to get it tight again.

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Common Loon
            Sometimes I count -- especially if I'm inflating a large number of the same balloon, to get the sizes somewhat consistent. (Three big breaths for an 11" to make it the right size for a column; four if I want it to be nice and full. Repeat as necessary.)

It's a bit dependent on your cardiopulmonary fitness though. I know that when I was working out regularly, three breaths gave me a bigger balloon than when I wasn't!
            I blow 6 big breaths when inflating 11 inch. I do like to make them a bit bigger than they’re supposed to go though...
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• zhilman
              • Dec 2018

I'm the same like you! I always count my number of pumps (when I'm inflating with hand pump) and get the same size each time of my sempertex 18". Hehe

Comment

• Common Loon
                • Aug 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
                I blow 6 big breaths when inflating 11 inch. I do like to make them a bit bigger than they’re supposed to go though...
                It _is_ incredible how you can fit about the same number of breaths into a balloon after it passes rated size as before

Comment

• Katielynn
                  Expert Blower
                  • May 2012

I always count. I don’t know why. I just have for as long as I remember.
                  I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Seidenki
                    • Dec 2016

I don't routinely count breaths blowing up a balloon, unless I'm counting for another reason. I've never used that as an indicator of how full it is; if I want to do that, I measure it.

Comment

• PBK
                      • Mar 2019

Not so much with breaths, but when my wife is doing punchballs for me she uses a double action pump and she counts how many pumps she puts into the balloon. With the pump we have generally 16 pumps fills the balloon to just about bursting.

Comment

• SusieDK
                        • Dec 2017

Hi there,

I count the breaths as well - at least most times. I think it is fun to see how much the balloons will take before they pop.
                        I don’t know when I started counting, but counting was one of the means I used to make myself blow up balloons until they pop. Instead of ‘just’ blowing until pop I settled for a number of blows (after starting getting anxious); this helped me to not chicken out as it for some reason was easier for me to reach a certain number of blows instead expecting a loud bang. The end result was often the same though.
                        Maybe my present counting has to do with this.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
                        Susie

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞