Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

11 inch Gayla

I always get nervous when I blow these up. I’m afraid it will suddenly get a neck and then go BANG!! Is preinflation recommended? I remember I used to get these to a nice decent size, before I tried again years later and it popped, so now I’m too nervous. I wish they had slightly more neck upon inflation. Or maybe a 14 inch Gayla, while retaining the 11 inch shape.

Anyone have good tips to getting it to a nice full size without it exploding?
  • Gunnapop
    • Oct 2020

Re: 11 inch Gayla

....close your eyes and blow. She will burst, before you know.

~gp

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
      I always get nervous when I blow these up. I’m afraid it will suddenly get a neck and then go BANG!!
      This is probably more down to your technique than to the brand/size of balloon.

It's rare for a balloon to suddenly shoot out a neck during inflation. Generally this happens mainly if you're preventing the uninflated neck from filling (say by wrapping your hands around it) and you blow the round body of the balloon up wayyyy tight. Then if you release your hold on the neck and give it a little tug, FOOMP the neck might come all the way out at once. But while fun, this isn't something I would recommend a nonpopper trying

Preinflation will always help the final size of the balloon, but I recommend preinflating the whole balloon, body and neck, even if you do them separately. That way when you go to fill it properly, the body and neck are not imbalanced... the thing to avoid is prestretching the body but not the neck, then trying to get a neck on the next inflation. That usually ends badly because after stretching the body can't build up sufficient pressure to fill an unstretched neck.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
        • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Common Loon
        This is probably more down to your technique than to the brand/size of balloon.

It's rare for a balloon to suddenly shoot out a neck during inflation. Generally this happens mainly if you're preventing the uninflated neck from filling (say by wrapping your hands around it) and you blow the round body of the balloon up wayyyy tight. Then if you release your hold on the neck and give it a little tug, FOOMP the neck might come all the way out at once. But while fun, this isn't something I would recommend a nonpopper trying

Preinflation will always help the final size of the balloon, but I recommend preinflating the whole balloon, body and neck, even if you do them separately. That way when you go to fill it properly, the body and neck are not imbalanced... the thing to avoid is prestretching the body but not the neck, then trying to get a neck on the next inflation. That usually ends badly because after stretching the body can't build up sufficient pressure to fill an unstretched neck.
        Yeah it probably is due to me grasping on the neck upon inflation. I hate when it still has breathing room and it becomes the shape of a light bulb. ��*♂️

Comment

• Evelyn
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
          I always get nervous when I blow these up. I’m afraid it will suddenly get a neck and then go BANG!! Is preinflation recommended? I remember I used to get these to a nice decent size, before I tried again years later and it popped, so now I’m too nervous. I wish they had slightly more neck upon inflation. Or maybe a 14 inch Gayla, while retaining the 11 inch shape.

Anyone have good tips to getting it to a nice full size without it exploding?
          For me personally the probability of the fact, that balloon, which I am blowing up, could explode literary in any moment, gives the greatest thrill.
          To overcome my fear about it I usually put some music on.
          Just relax, blow them up and have the most of it - balloons are for joy and excitement, not for worries and calculating
          My lovely balloons - love them so much

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
            • Apr 2022

I did find a YouTube video of this guy b2p’ing some 11 inch Gaylas. I’m sure I can blow them up to a full size without them popping on me. I just love the colors and shapes! For years I never knew what brand they were. To me, they were just these generic 10-11 inch balloons. And I would often see them blown up on old sitcoms or anywhere else. I contacted Galactic line and they told me they use Gayla!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎