Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    • Nov 2016

Tt 17 and Q16 inflation question

I want to get some TT17s and Q16s inflated with helium but I want them to last... would it be safe to tell the party store that they’re 18- and 17-inch balloons, making them an inch bigger than normal? They’re both new balloons, wondering about pop risk.
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Tt 17 and Q16 inflation question

Might you pre-inflate them? Anyway I guess workers know the items and they will fill the balloons at their rated size although they could get more but don't risk to let them pop prematurely; asking overinflating they might accept but at your own risk, overinflating is something related to us only.
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Carlos
      I want to get some TT17s and Q16s inflated with helium but I want them to last... would it be safe to tell the party store that they’re 18- and 17-inch balloons, making them an inch bigger than normal? They’re both new balloons, wondering about pop risk.
      Helium leeks-out at a set-rate. Adding more helium into a balloon, making it bigger than it's meant to be will probably NOT make your balloons last longer. It will almost certainly make them more at risk of popping.

You'd be best asking them to "treat" the balloons, with Hi-Float, which you can read all about here...

Hi-Float and How To Use It

Most decent balloon-decorators and sellers will use it, and that will be a cheaper, better option for you!

Comment

• Carlos
        • Nov 2016

I’d planned to have them treated with hi-float regardless but good point. I might tell them the Q16s are 16 and that the TT17s are 18 because I’ve heard good things about their durability and I’m also just into overinflated balloons.

TT17 users: Is that a pretty low-risk move? Worst case scenario the balloon pops and I’ll just bring extras to the party store.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Carlos
          Worst case scenario the balloon pops and I’ll just bring extras to the party store.
          If you're bringing in your own balloons, the store may not be too happy with you asking for them to be overinflated, and you're paying for their helium. They'll probably say you'll either have to:
          1) Pay for any pops (due to the wasted helium), or
          2) Have them inflated to the size the store dictates, which will be about 95% of their intended size, and no more.

Most stores will do Option 2. It's best to ask them to overinflate, as many will simply refuse and think that you know better than they do, (even if that's not the case), and may not take kindly to that. It'd be best for you to let them do what they do, and be content. If you really must have bigger balloons, then you'd be best getting your own tank of helium... which is what I did!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎