Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lun3
    • Sep 2017

Quiet electric pump?

Hey, I've been searching for an electric pump that is pretty quiet, since all of them that I've seen are pretty loud and i don't want to bother my neighbors.
    Any suggestions?
  • racinett
    • Aug 2016

Re: Quiet electric pump?

dog hair dryer. around $100 on amazon. Quiet, can adjust air speed and ability to warm the air with the hairdryer feature so that your balloons stretch more and less likely to burst after tying as the air in them is warm so will not continue to expand.

Comment

• loonlun
      • Mar 2021

Does a dog hair drier have the power to fill up bigger loons?

Comment

• Common Loon
        • Aug 2020

Power is more of an issue for smaller balloons than bigger balloons. A dog dryer might struggle to get a fresh 11" started (correct me if I'm wrong), but for anything 16" and up it's probably no sweat.

The issue is just a matter of pressure. Smaller balloons require much more pressure to start inflating (as well as more pressure to finish off a pump to pop), and some cheap air mattress inflators, e.g., while they provide plenty of volume of air to fill a balloon quickly, often don't provide enough pressure to get the smaller balloons started unless you give them some help by stretching the balloon well first.

Comment

• racinett
          • Aug 2016

the smallest i have is 14" and 99% are 17". I run the pump at 10% power and inflate a 17" in about 10seconds.....there is so much force that if set to too high a speed and it bursts right away as the latex does not get time to stretch. i think it would do 11inch....again lots of stretching first maybe

Comment

• LoonerJeff

Originally posted by racinett
            the smallest i have is 14" and 99% are 17". I run the pump at 10% power and inflate a 17" in about 10seconds.....there is so much force that if set to too high a speed and it bursts right away as the latex does not get time to stretch. i think it would do 11inch....again lots of stretching first maybe

Thank you for the info! The pink, double nozzle one that we all seem to use is loud af and big balloons can be tricky with those small nozzles. I've been looking for something exactly like this - I'll be getting one myself for sure!

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Lun3
              Hey, I've been searching for an electric pump that is pretty quiet, since all of them that I've seen are pretty loud and i don't want to bother my neighbors.
              Any suggestions?
              In the house I had in Germany I installed a compressor in the basement of the house and drilled holes to my play room to install an air valve on the wall. I could connect hoses with another regulating valve to control the flow into the balloons and inflatables. As the compressor automatically turns on and off on demand of air it was very convenient.

I even did the luxury to install the electric switch to turn it off completely in my play room. Before much criticism gets written: I learned to be an electrician in Germany and passed all the work security and electrical theory exams ;-)

Comment

• loonlun
                • Mar 2021

Just got my dog blow dryer. It is almost obscene how fast it blows up balloons compared to what I was using before.

Comment

• Common Loon
                  • Aug 2020

Can anyone tell if Kief uses a dog dryer in this video? (Disclaimer: fursuit blowtopops)
                  Decided to try out my new balloon pump and camera setup for recording a video again! Inflated a whole bunch of balloons and did some pump popping with a few ...

It would be, um, pretty on-brand I suppose.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                    • Jun 2015

If you read the comment with this video Kief says what pump it is. Plus remote socket etc. etc.

Comment

• racinett
                      • Aug 2016

Nice! For the money nothing is better than a dog hairdryer.

Comment

• Common Loon
                        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                        If you read the comment with this video Kief says what pump it is. Plus remote socket etc. etc.
                        Good catch. He's using a Zibi Z-32NT, one of the Euro model balloon pumps. Super nice and somewhat more pricey than a dog dryer

Comment

• LoonerJeff

I just got this dog dryer from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085V...b_b_asin_title

This thing is a must for looners imo. First, it's shockingly quiet - it's not even annoying at full blast - It can inflate a BB250 full in about 10 seconds at full power, and the warm air is great for helping them stretch bigger. AND, to top it all off, it has a nozzle that can comfortably inflate large nozzle balloons... truly the best balloon pump I've ever used. Thank you for the recommendation!

Comment

• ArchibaldR
                            • May 2021

I've got pretty much the same as LoonerJeff and i couldn't agree more, best pump you can have.

I do have to tell that in the first place we bought it really for our dog (a Corgi sheds a LOT) haha, but we're also using it for balloons and it's the best i could imagine.

As said, the air can be warm which helps the stretching, the power is adjustable so you can safely inflate a 14 inch-er without it popping too fast, but a 36 inch-er or bigger are fully inflated in no time when you set it to max power.

Comment

• Common Loon
                              • Aug 2020

Can anyone confirm that these dog dryer pumps can inflate a fresh 11" balloon? If they can do that... I'm gonna have to get one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎