Can anyone recommend a good inflatable pool-island?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freetofloat
    • Jan 2018

Can anyone recommend a good inflatable pool-island?

Can anyone recommend a good inflatable pool-island or equivalent inflatable, that would act as a good replacement for a double bed's mattress?

I don't want to spend the big $$$ for a mattress and box spring, and saw a chance to introduce some sleeping looner fun by purchasing a tie-dye fun island float from Swimline, but methinks it may not be sturdy enough over time.

Air beds just arn't randy enough for the job I think.

Thoughts?
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Re: Can anyone recommend a good inflatable pool-island?

This seems like fun: https://www.amazon.com/Canopy-Person.../dp/B072JKR9KV It's $73.99 though.

Comment

• freetofloat
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by loonerdude44
      This seems like fun: https://www.amazon.com/Canopy-Person.../dp/B072JKR9KV It's $73.99 though.
      Good find. Thanks! That may do nicely. I like the lower recessed area too.

Color and matte vinyl will be very nice on hot nights where clothing's just not an option.

Yeah, price is often big on these sets too, thats the only draw back...almost eighty dollars!!

Comment

• loonerdude44
        Inflatable Enthusiast
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by freetofloat
        Good find. Thanks! That may do nicely. I like the lower recessed area too.

Color and matte vinyl will be very nice on hot nights where clothing's just not an option.

Yeah, price is often big on these sets too, thats the only draw back...almost eighty dollars!!
        Well yeah, of course the price is like that, if it's like $10 for a small Orca, then $80 for that is a good deal when you consider it, you're paying slightly less than what it's worth in raw materials. If you want to fork out some more money, perhaps in the future, then buy this one: https://www.amazon.com/CoolerZ-Canop...dp/B014KMKVGG/

If you get the cheaper one or the more expensive one, either way, you should try sleeping on it on a big lake in the middle of the night. As long as there are no animals that want to kill you, and the lake doesn't lead to a dam or the ocean, then you should be fine

Comment

• freetofloat
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by loonerdude44
          Well yeah, of course the price is like that, if it's like $10 for a small Orca, then $80 for that is a good deal when you consider it, you're paying slightly less than what it's worth in raw materials. If you want to fork out some more money, perhaps in the future, then buy this one: https://www.amazon.com/CoolerZ-Canop...dp/B014KMKVGG/

If you get the cheaper one or the more expensive one, either way, you should try sleeping on it on a big lake in the middle of the night. As long as there are no animals that want to kill you, and the lake doesn't lead to a dam or the ocean, then you should be fine
          I like this one. Its tough enough to permit an overnight float outdoors. Always wanted to try that, on a secluded portion of a waterway. It's the high of being outdoors tossled by gentle waves and breeze, the thrill of doing the risque--possibly stark naked--all under cover of dark and being happened upon unexpectedly.

I've slept overnight in a pool on a huge swim tube and once on an unflocked vinyl bouble-airbed--its awesome. This island's even big enuff to bring my looning friend along--oh yeah!!

Yeah, the value for money I get, it still doesnt help my cash flow, though. Oh well perhaps I'll save up, maybe I'll ask for it for christmas or joint purchase it with my friend the looner!

Thanks, great find! Very much enjoy bestway and intex products.

On the savings wish-list :

Comment

• heaviest
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by freetofloat
            Can anyone recommend a good inflatable pool-island or equivalent inflatable, that would act as a good replacement for a double bed's mattress?

I don't want to spend the big $$$ for a mattress and box spring, and saw a chance to introduce some sleeping looner fun by purchasing a tie-dye fun island float from Swimline, but methinks it may not be sturdy enough over time.

Air beds just arn't randy enough for the job I think.
            They aren't very comfortable and they make noise when you move. You have to cover them with something or they are sweaty. Some of them are dead on arrival, and sometimes they spring a leak for no reason at all. It's not a good replacement for a mattress for sleeping.

But they are way sturdier than you think. I have sex on them fairly often. My regular partner and I weigh about 1000 pounds, and we've even had a third person on a pool float with us. It's freaky how hard they get with that much weight on them. It's a real pleasure to have something that large burst, or blow an inner support, but usually they just develop a leak.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎