Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

How do you clean balloons?

So if any of yall know, balloons attract hair like nothing else. And if you have dogs that shed it exemplifies that problem 10 fold. What is the most effective way of cleaning the hair off of balloons?
  • MikeTheBouncer
    POP-O-RAMA!
    • Feb 2016

Re: How do you clean balloons?

Howdy JamesPopper,
    I copied and pasted my response to previous balloon cleaning post... here it is:

I would like to offer a suggestion based on my own personal experience.

**Disclaimer - Your results may vary, so proceed with caution!**

I wash my balloons with hot tap water both inside and out which takes out the wrinkles and shrinks the balloon back down to almost its original size. Then dry them with paper towels. I have also turned the balloons inside out to dry them. A trick is to take an (unsharpened) pencil to push the balloon through its own neck.

I also have experimented with Armor-All protectant, the stuff you clean and polish the interior of cars with. I wipe the balloon with the Armor-All and then put them together in a plastic Zip-Loc style bag. Now here is my warning! Do not dunk your entire collection into a bucket and soak the whole lot with Armor-All! Do not mix your "Armor-All'ed" balloons with your new balloon collection! And do not leave these Armor-All'ed balloons for many many months sealed up tight in a bag! I did this and many balloons became kinda mushy and gross and unable to be inflated! However, this took many months of "neglect" to occur.

The Armor-All makes the balloons very nice and shiny. I have had the best experience with Tuf-Tex and Qualatex with this practice. I cannot tell you what other balloon manufacturers results will be. This is something worth experimenting with. Perhaps take one balloon from each manufacturer and experiment with them to see what happens.

As for other brands of polymer-based auto detail chemicals, like Son-Of-A-Gun and whatever European or Canadian brands that may exist may have wildly different results.

Long story short; hot tap water and Armor-All work great from my experience, give it a try!

**LIGHTNING EDIT: Here is a link to what I have used https://www.walmart.com/ip/Armor-All...ctant/19897917 **

Thanks!
    MikeTheBouncer

Comment

• Slugamano
      • Jul 2016

I don't clean them, I pop them :-)

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

When dog hair was a problem, a swift bat from my hand would help disperse debris from my balloon. Of course, the balloon would end up flying across the room...

Comment

• scuba
          • Jan 2017

I clean my balloons under the hot tap or if it's a bigger balloon like my GL1200 balloons in the shower
          I blow a bit of air in the balloon after rinsing it to keep the balloon from sticking together when drying.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎