Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Movies involving balloons

I was wondering if anybody knows movies involving balloons. I know one titled: "L'uomo dei cinque palloni" (Break up in EN version). The protagonist of the film is Marcello Mastroianni (cinema lovers surley know him) and he's very obsessed about balloons, his purpose is discover how long is possible inflate a balloon before its bursting. A remarkable scene (above all for poppers ) is when he goes in the club with hundreds balloons and he explains his obsession to some women; then everybody in the club is gone to pop all the balloons, someone blow to pop and someone bursting with foot. I advise you to watch it. Anyway, do you know any movies involving balloons?
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons
  • Enigma
    • Aug 2017

Re: Movies involving balloons

Dumb and Dumber movie. Go to Youtube and type Dumb and Dumber goodbye my love. Jim Carrey is struggling to get out of the car from an airbag.

Comment

• Davidblack
      You blow, I’ll watch.
      • Jul 2017

We should make one. No nudity, keep it wide appeal. Get it launched and the world will play with balloons in all the ways we want them too. Hmmmm

Comment

• Enigma
        • Aug 2017

Nudity is annoying to me. At least have pants on lol.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Sigh..... The most wonderful movie I've ever seen was "The Red Balloon"
          I cought it on Netflix a while back. It was in french with subtitles but the movie hardly has dialogue. It's about a young boy who was walking to school one day & he finds a magic red balloon which is alive & follows him everywhere. The red balloon would float outside his classroom window waiting for the boy & when school let out the red balloon would follow him home. Even if i didn't have a balloon fetish i would still love that movie as it is simply beautiful. Just hearing the boy call out: " Ballon! Ballon! Baaalloooon!" It just warms my heart...the affection he shows for that red balloon...

Warning, spoilers ahead

One day when the boy is walking home a crowd of bullies chase the boy & the red balloon...they become seperated. The red balloon tries to flee by floating down alleyways....the bullies throw rocks & one hits the red balloon.... it slowly starts to deflate & crumple as it sinks to the ground. Then....

STOMP!!!!

One of the bullies finishes off the red balloon by crushing it under his foot...
          I cried my eyes out just like the boy in the movie.

The boy is heartbroken...but then something wonderful happens...all the balloons in his home town come alive & start float to him...escaping venders, parties everywhere you'd fine balloons! Hundreds of balloons floating through the streets & buildings! The balloons find the boy & they huddle around him in a big cluster. He starts to float up. The movie ends with the boy floating out over his town & then away

I highly recommend The Red Balloon...it definitely comes with some awesome feels

Comment

• frankfrank
            Empathetic Harmonizer
            • Feb 2018

Movies with balloons...interesting topic.

A few years ago I was in Albuquerque and I wanted to buy some fresh balloons, so I went into a party store of some sort and got some. The cashier was nosy and asked me what I was going to do with balloons...

Without skipping a beat, and entirely impromptu, I said something like "We're working on a short film, and we need these as one of the props."
            People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Chip67
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by palloncino90
              I was wondering if anybody knows movies involving balloons. I know one titled: "L'uomo dei cinque palloni" (Break up in EN version). The protagonist of the film is Marcello Mastroianni (cinema lovers surley know him) and he's very obsessed about balloons, his purpose is discover how long is possible inflate a balloon before its bursting. A remarkable scene (above all for poppers ) is when he goes in the club with hundreds balloons and he explains his obsession to some women; then everybody in the club is gone to pop all the balloons, someone blow to pop and someone bursting with foot. I advise you to watch it. Anyway, do you know any movies involving balloons?
              Hello Pallocino90 and All: I just found an updated and remastered copy of "The Man With The Balloon" with Marcello Mastroianni. I found it on DVDLady.com. It is a burned copy on a DVD/R and the quality is pretty darn good and it has English Subtitles. Enjoy

Comment

• BusterBill
                Founder, Balloon Buddies
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Chip60
                Hello Pallocino90 and All: I just found an updated and remastered copy of "The Man With The Balloon" with Marcello Mastroianni. I found it on DVDLady.com. It is a burned copy on a DVD/R and the quality is pretty darn good and it has English Subtitles. Enjoy

The full length film is available for free on YouTube, but I can't find the URL at the moment

The nightclub scene is also on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/RtJd1RJKh1k

Comment

• Chip67
                  • Dec 2019

Hello All:

Here is my list of movies with Balloons,

1) The Red Balloon by Albert Lamorisse
                  French filmmaker 1956 Remastered by The Criterion Collection on DVD with English Subtitles

2) The Man With The Balloons
                  Italian 1965 with English Subtitles Starring Marcello Mastroianni and Catherine Spaak
                  Currently available from DVDLady.com

3) The Ticklish Affair American 1963 Starring Gig Young, Shirley Jones, Red Buttons and Carolyn Jones
                  Currently available on monsterlandmedia.com on DVD

4) The Yellow Cab Man
                  American 1950 Starring Red Skelton and Gloria De Haven
                  Currently available on Amazon.com on DVD

5) Danny Deckchair
                  Australian 2003 Starring Rhy Lfans

6) Disney’s Balloon Farm
                  American 1999 Starring Rip Torn

7) Disney’s UP / Pixar
                  American 2009 Animation
                  Currently available on Amazon on DVD and Blu.ray

Enjoy

Comment

• Scooter
                    • May 2022

When I was young, I caught Son of the Mask airing on tv, probably on Cartoon Network. Now, the movie is very bad, but the movie stood out to me because of THIS particular scene. I actually blame this weird-ass scene for being the first time I was like... getting turned on by seeing balloons. Like, there's obviously other movies that have balloons in them, but for some reason this scene did something to me.

I remember seeing the DVD in the library once, and renting it out as a kid, SPECIFICALLY because I wanted to watch this balloon scene again and again. My mom saw it and was like "Oh, maybe we can watch this tonight as a family!" I panicked since I knew the balloon scene was in there and it'd be really awkward, and I said "No, uh, I just wanna watch it myself" (or something along those lines.) Think "I read Playboy for the articles." It was that bad of a lie, but for some reason my mom didn't question it, but did look at me funny.

When I hear "balloon scenes in movies", this is what my mind leaps to, even though the balloon isn't even the focus, and it's barely 30 seconds long. I dunno.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Scooter
                      When I was young, I caught Son of the Mask airing on tv, probably on Cartoon Network. Now, the movie is very bad, but the movie stood out to me because of THIS particular scene. I actually blame this weird-ass scene for being the first time I was like... getting turned on by seeing balloons. Like, there's obviously other movies that have balloons in them, but for some reason this scene did something to me.

I remember seeing the DVD in the library once, and renting it out as a kid, SPECIFICALLY because I wanted to watch this balloon scene again and again. My mom saw it and was like "Oh, maybe we can watch this tonight as a family!" I panicked since I knew the balloon scene was in there and it'd be really awkward, and I said "No, uh, I just wanna watch it myself" (or something along those lines.) Think "I read Playboy for the articles." It was that bad of a lie, but for some reason my mom didn't question it, but did look at me funny.

When I hear "balloon scenes in movies", this is what my mind leaps to, even though the balloon isn't even the focus, and it's barely 30 seconds long. I dunno.
                      That is absolutely cute and adorable Scooter!

Comment

• Scooter
                        • May 2022

Originally posted by Qbubbleballoon (:
                        That is absolutely cute and adorable Scooter!
                        Yeah, I dunno. As a phobic kid, seeing a balloon in a film or tv show was distressing because it was very likely it was only there to be popped, so I think the first thing was that the balloon was being blown up/interacted with, but it didn't involve any popping which made me feel comfortable/okay. Then I could appreciate the big balloons tied to the crib, the sound of it being blown up, her outfit while doing so... Even the color's stuck with me, as I really like balloons with that pastel light blue.

Like, forget the baby head stuff. I'm focusing on the mom the whole time.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                          • Nov 2022

Originally posted by palloncino90
                          do adult movies count? ^^

Comment

• aron_crow
                            • May 2020

Originally posted by Whale Rider
                            do adult movies count? ^^
                            Sure hope so, do you have some in mind?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂