Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

Re: Advice for Next-Gen Looners

Question: how many of y'all are out here meeting young or future looners in real life? Personally, I think it'd be kinda hard to spot a kid who may be taking a little extra interest in balloons. Unless they approach you about the subject, how would you even begin a conversation with a young/future looner? It'd be a disaster if you were spot a young person taking extra interest in balloons, you try to give them some looning fetish advice, and turns out that they just really like balloons in a non-fetishized fashion. Wouldn't it kinda seem a little inappropriate at a certain age to really have this conversation with them anyways? We're giving sexual advice to young people that we potentially do not have the type of relationship (e.g., familial/parental, close friend), which is kinda walking a fine line of acceptability. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting question we're posing here. Also, it's kinda nice to imagine what I wish someone would have told me as I was first coming to understand that I had this fetish. But beyond that, I dunno. If anyone has had this experience, it'd be super interesting to learn more about your encounter.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe people finding their way/ having their own journey to the fetish and the community is kinda the natural course in becoming a "looner". Just like any other fetish, (e.x., BDSM) unless they learn about the fetish from some sort of media exposure or it becomes mainstream (50 shades of grey), I believe they'll just naturally find their way here in time. It sucks, because there certainly is an isolating, shameful, secretive, stigmatizing nature to having a fetish. But the upside is that there is always the opportunity with the more you learn about the fetish and connect with other people, you can grow more comfortable in your own skin. Helping and giving advice to a "new" looner when they learn about the community is a beautiful thing imo, but actively going out to bring people in seems like a slippery slope. How do other fetish communities deal with this issue?

Comment

• HeaveToo
      • Nov 2018

I can remember the alone feeling when I thought that I was the only one as well. It was a huge shock when I found out that I wasn't. I am guessing that this is still a pretty rare fetish and I have never met a fellow looner in person, but at least the newer generations will have a lot more information that is quick and easy to access.

Comment

• Asclepio
        • Sep 2018

Just told them that they are not alone...... and let them find their own way, you cant influence such amazing fetish as ours. So let them be free and explore and run free between our balloon world <3
        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• AJK64
          • Jun 2018

I think the important thing for a youngster discovering their sexuality is privacy. Theres nothing more embarrassing for a teenager than knowing that their parents or adults know what they're up to sexually. I think any chat with a teen about their turn ons will not end well. Best thing to do is just let them know it's normal and give them space.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
            • Jul 2017

^5 AJK64!

I am very happy that my parents didn't know or didn't acknowledge my balloon desires.

I don't think we should seek out younger looners; it sounds weird to me.

When they are old enough, they will seek us older looners out, or at least, our forums. That is the natural way of things.

Next-gen looners are in a new, more accepting world, but I don't think (based on my interactions in the kink world) that everyone is ready to accept what we do. And that's ok. I think what people do behind closed doors should stay that way.

Our "community" isn't for everyone; we're a specialized group. Those that want to know us will gravitate to us. I, for one, don't want those people who don't get it or make fun, being a part of, or even aware of this "community."

Just my opinion from a girl that's seen a thing or two.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
              • Mar 2016

Oh yeah, obviously I’m not saying seek anyone out.

Comment

• TooBigToFail
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by LoonerHans
                2. GIRLS LOVE BALLOONS. Yes. They do. But as I said in the above point, maturity. It all starts from the home and the peer group. At home parents would be continuously nagging a girl or a boy for their childish desires after they hit a certain age of puberty. And when it is about balloons, you are continuously being told that balloons are for kids u are a grown up now. This creates a complexity in them irrespective of them being a looner or not.
                Question from a "next-gen" looner to the older folks: Normal folks don't see balloons as sexual objects.

My concern is that revealing your fetish to your partner - whether they accept it or not - will cause them to view normal situations with balloons very differently (office party, weddings, etc.) very differently from that point on and potentially traumatize them.

Is this a valid thought?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍