Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TizianosBoy
    • Apr 2019

Re: Advertisement balloons

A cute guy was putting balloons onto the balloon holder in McDonalds today (he also inflated them nice and big, he had them on the animal card holders and he also never tied them which some of the other McDonald's crew members always do and it irritates me to no end meaning I can't deflate them and blow them up to how I want) and I never realised there were new balloon colours, like teal and dark pink, they all now have warnings on them which they never did before, unfortunately because there were too many kids about I never got a balloon which I am so angry about, I could have went up and got one but because there were too many kids getting balloons, they were gone within 10 seconds, I never got one, I'm going have to ask one of the male staff members on Tuesday if they have any balloons still there and hopefully I'll get some from them, what way should I ask the guy about wanting a balloon or a few balloons? Would they give me some do you think? I really want some of them, I wish now I just had have walked up to him and asked him for one, I really wanted the teal one.
    Last edited by TizianosBoy; 26-05-2019, 01:42.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TizianosBoy
      A cute guy was putting balloons onto the balloon holder in McDonalds today (he also inflated them nice and big, he had them on the animal card holders and he also never tied them which some of the other McDonald's crew members always do and it irritates me to no end meaning I can't deflate them and blow them up to how I want) and I never realised there were new balloon colours, like teal and dark pink, they all now have warnings on them which they never did before, unfortunately because there were too many kids about I never got a balloon which I am so angry about, I could have went up and got one but because there were too many kids getting balloons, they were gone within 10 seconds, I never got one, I'm going have to ask one of the male staff members on Tuesday if they have any balloons still there and hopefully I'll get some from them, what way should I ask the guy about wanting a balloon or a few balloons? Would they give me some do you think? I really want some of them, I wish now I just had have walked up to him and asked him for one, I really wanted the teal one.
      I mean, if you just go up and ask they might look at you funny, but they're there to be given out, so why not?

Comment

• TizianosBoy
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by OverTheTop
        I mean, if you just go up and ask they might look at you funny, but they're there to be given out, so why not?
        I just wish I had've went up and asked him if I could have had the balloon I was looking when he came out with them, my own fault really and the supervisor (who knows my friend very well and she knows that I like balloons as my friend told her that I did) said that was the last balloons that were being given out and no more were being given out for the day, I was devastated when she said that, I'm gonna try again on Tuesday as it's a bank holiday here on Monday and I don't think McDonald's is open that day.
        Last edited by TizianosBoy; 26-05-2019, 03:58.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by TizianosBoy
          what way should I ask the guy about wanting a balloon or a few balloons?
          It's really easy. All you have to do is this:

You: "Hi there. Can I please have a balloon?" (OR) "Hi there. Would it be okay if I had a couple of balloons, please?"

Staff: "Sure. Just take one." (OR) "That's fine. Here you go!"

If they ask "Why?", all you have to do is say:

"My niece/nephew/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner, likes balloons, and I wanted to give them a little gift, when I meet them later on."

Ninety-nine times out of 100, you'll be told that's fine, and no one will bat an eyelid. Don't say you want them for your own kids, unless you have the child(ren) with you. I've been caught out, and someone once said that "If you bring your child with you, we can definitely let them have one" - that being for the child, but not for me!

So, if you say a relative, no one will expect you to be with them right there-and-then, and thus, will more likely let you take one or two.

Don't ask for too many though, otherwise you'll be seen as selfish. The goal is to get a balloon or two, no more, and then leave the store, with the minimum of fuss and hassle, and as unobtrusively as you can.

But like the scouts, always be prepared, with a response in case the store member asks you why you want them, or who they are for - and make sure you're comfortable with telling small, white lies. If you start sweating and looking guilty about it, they'll smell a rat instantly.

Comment

• LuciferLooner

Jesus cant beleive im going to say this but i agree with BalloonBoyUk, it is exactly what i say and do when i want advertising balloons.
            Works in pretty much everywhere you go in the UK be it Schuch,Maccies,Boots and pretty much any random shop with advertising balloons. Always go for uninflated ones though or twisted,half knotted mouth pieces otherwise its a bit shit really...

Comment

• Seasidelad
              • Sep 2018

I used to the same when asking say it was for a nephew/ niece or sometimes just asked if I could have a balloon. When the balloons were bigger I sometime saw the Assistant bring them out and got some uninflated ones from them. I did try and get all the different colours from them. I noticed that they are no longer on plastic sticks but cardboard animal prints. Though I have still got plenty of sticks at home.

I just seen some in an o2 shop but they had been out for at least a day or more and lost that shine due the air con it is the blue ones I really like.

Comment

• marja

Question for those of you who ask for balloons in a store: do you buy anything when you ask for balloons?

Myself, I ask for balloons in shops, but only when I buy something there. After I paid I ask for balloons. I wouldn't feel comfortable going in and asking for balloons without buying something. I once bought a pair of shoes, because I was attracted to the shop due to the balloons they had on display. So in fact I paid over 100€ for 2 balloons...

Comment

• Casey88
                  lukmanrewa
                  • Jun 2012

It all depends on the situation. If they have a balloon display outside the store for people to take, i will definitely take one or two. For example, I took one from a kids haircut outlet recently.

If they have a balloon display inside the store, it depends though what kind of outlet it is. If its a fast food or restaurant, then yes I would go inside to eat and then ask for the balloon in the midst of eating or after it.

But if its not worth to buy the stuff, I would just pretend to look around inside the store/outlet and ask for the balloon from the staff. I asked for one balloon from a kids fashion outlet and got one. In case they denied it then so be it, I dont have kids and for me its not worth it to buy stuff just for the sake of a balloon.

Comment

• Seasidelad
                    • Sep 2018

I agree with Casey it depends on how they have balloons on display. In restaurants I only take a couple if I’m going to eat. In shops it depends if they are on sticks to take I would browse around the shop but I wouldn’t go to the expense of making a serious purchase just for a balloon or two.

I don’t get many now as they are not so available and I prefer fresh shiny ones. Too many place have air con switched on and it affects the balloons. Also I have had a few pop because they were tightly inflated and the different temperatures and air they seem to pop with a loud bang.

Comment

• TizianosBoy
                      • Apr 2019

Seasidelad, LuciferLooner and BalloonBoyUK, thank you guys for your advice, I finally asked a cute male member of staff at McDonald’s for a balloon today and he gave me one, they had some luckily in the back of the restaurant, I was nervous as hell but I just asked him and he said he had to check, then he came back with a inflated and quite big green one in his hand, I was going to ask for two, but I didn’t want to be rude and selfish, I was grateful for him doing that for me, but from now on I think I’m going to wait and get some off the balloon holder next time as I think it would be quite rude for me to keep asking a male staff member for balloons when they’re not out on the holder yet, I was so embarrassed walking out with my balloon, there were small children there and I think they were jealous, hopefully I’d like to think he put some balloons on the holder for people to take.
                      Last edited by TizianosBoy; 29-05-2019, 18:57.

Comment

• TizianosBoy
                        • Apr 2019

Ugh, why don't McDonald's have any balloons on their balloon holder, I am so angry right now, I wanted some balloons which is why I went over there, they were animal printed too, I think it's to promote The Secret Life of Pets 2, as I saw one lying on a clothes rack in Asda and it looked like a bull or a horse.

Comment

• Seasidelad
                          • Sep 2018

Strange it’s half term and I haven’t seen any either thought they would have had them in this week. Years ago I remember they used to put them out for about two weeks and then you had to find another restaurant.

Sometimes they run out of the balloons or the holders. My local Krispy Kreme doesn’t always have them in.

Comment

• Shaxx
                            • Jun 2017

We went to mcdonalds last night about 9 ish and never expect balloons after about 2pm.
                            Couldn't see any in the restaurant but as we want through the drive through there were 5 of the life of pets ones next to the window so my wife asked if we could have one and the server passed one out for us.

Comment

• Seasider
                              • Jan 2016

I actually asked about balloons in my local McDonald’s on Thursday (they’ve always had helium balloons readily available) and the lady said that they’d stopped using both helium and stick balloons as part of the new environment strategy and because we are so close to the coastline, I do fear freebie balloons and advertising balloons will soon be a thing of the past.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Seasider
                                I actually asked about balloons in my local McDonald’s on Thursday (they’ve always had helium balloons readily available) and the lady said that they’d stopped using both helium and stick balloons as part of the new environment strategy...[SNIP]
                                Any balloons that have logos, or printing on them, with a company name, means that the company will be held legally liable, if a balloon is left somewhere by someone. This is now becoming more and more common, so to avoid being caught out and getting fined for littering, companies just don't use or give away printed balloons anymore, in case one floats away, or is left on the street and gets popped.

This is why the public need to be educated. I don't want balloons to be stopped being given away or used to promote something, but I also want people (especially parents and children, and parents of little kids) that letting a helium balloon float away, may be fun and beautiful to watch, but is both dangerous to other creatures, littering, and also a waste of a balloon and gas too.

What goes up, must come down, and - as we all know - balloons can travel long distances.

So I completely get why companies won't do them anymore, but it's so frustrating, for sensible looners, who look after balloons responsibly, and don't let them go or litter the streets with them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎