Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeNasty
    • Oct 2019

Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty

Balloons in general help with my anxiety. The breathing helps, but I like the pressure of squeezing the loon more. Hugging loons is nice. I feel less alone and comforted. The control of the vulnerable balloon helps alleviate some anxiety.

Loons 10/10
    Klonopin 2/10

Comment

• tebe2hu
      • Jan 2017

My answer is definately YES.

Comment

• Loonatic
        Balloons + Feet
        • Apr 2016

Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty - something else maybe?

Originally posted by SusieDK
        Hi,

Just wanted to mention another thing with balloons to maybe help decreasing anxiety:

Blow up a balloon to a size that you are comfortable with and tie it. Then simply bat it around gently trying to keep it in the air. This will require quite some attention and besides it is both nice and gentle. This is very likely to be relaxing. You can of course vary the game by blowing up the balloons more or less, depending on whether or not you want to involve the risk of popping during the exercise.

You can also decide to keep the balloon in the air for a certain time (maybe set a timer). It is not as easy as it may sound to keep a balloon in the air for a longer time - just a few minutes is enough to make it quite demanding and requires significant attention.

I know this is not all within the main topic of the thread, however it might be helpful as an 'anxiety dampening' excersise, and besides it is also nice fun.

Maybe I should also mention that this has very little or maybe even nothing to do with the sexual aspect - it will probably work for anybody. However it might work even better for people with our special 'interest'.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Susie

I can second this recommendation! When I was still in school and had a rough day, I would do this when I got home. Nothing sexual or magical about it; I would lie on the bed just gently batting a small balloon up in the air. I'd usually get so lost in what I was doing that I'd do this for hours without realizing time passing until someone would come by, usually saying something like "having fun?" and that would snap me out of it.

It really doesn't seem like much. It's just you there with your balloon, lost in the calm, silly moment, but it's very therapeutic.

Comment

• JCB
          • Feb 2021

Well I find balloons in themselves have a calming effect. The touch & feel of them is very soothing. Why? I don't really know it's just that kinda indescribable something about them.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎