Re: Looner Skills

untying balloons is a skill

Comment

• Slugamano
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by srob2
      untying balloons is a skill
      I use the stylus of my Palm PDA for untying the balloons. I push it through the knot and then I can slowly pull back with the mouthpiece...

Comment

• Loonorm
        • Mar 2019

My ‘looner skills’ are/were untying balloons. When I would get many, many display balloons, I would try and untie as many as I could for later use. The ones that I could not untie were popped. Unfortunately, it’s a little more difficult for me, as I have lost a little bit of the feeling in my finger tips due to a little bit of frostbite, and slight complications from me having Multiple Sclerosis (MS). My ‘current skill’ involves ‘stuffing balloons’. I will take 24” clear balloons (purchased from Party City), and see how many 12” or 16” balloons I can inflate into them. If the 24” balloon doesn’t burst while doing this, I will then tie it off, and then bounce on it to see which will burst first, the 24” balloon, or the smaller balloons inside. I had a female friend over a couple of weekends ago for a ‘balloon bursting party’. She had never done anything like that before, and for 6+ hours, we had a blast! One of the challenges that I gave her was seeing if she could accomplish that feat. She was able to pop one of the smaller balloons before the 24” balloon burst. We then took a larger Zeppelin balloon stuffed with six 16” Uniques and both of us proceeded to bounce on the Zeppelin. Needless to say that I ‘popped’ first, with the help of her mouth and hand! 😉😜🎈

Comment

• marja

My looner skill would be to be able to have others inflate balloons for me.

Comment

• LavenderLemon
            • Aug 2019

I can take a very firm, tight balloon and work it until it hits that peak softness, and then blow it up significantly bigger.

I can also take the harsh chemical stench out of cheap latex.

The most useful skill, though? Putting away laundry without everything falling out of your closet.

Comment

• frankfrank
              Empathetic Harmonizer
              • Feb 2018

Not sure that I'd call this a "skill" as such, but I believe my fetish (even more attributed to inflatables than balloons) has kept me at great lung capacity even into my Seventies. I feel virtually the same lung capacity as I had half a century ago.
              People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Seidenki
                • Dec 2016

My balloon skill is being able to identify the brand of most balloons I see in the wild.

Comment

• ShredFox
                  • Mar 2019

Some of you said untying is your special ability that you've learned, but I also consider being able to tie a balloons in a split second a skill Especially tying dozens without having my fingers go sore is very useful to me.

Comment

• IndianChamp
                    • Oct 2019

Looks like I would avoid parties if you are around.

Comment

• Glaziola
                      • Feb 2018

tying balloons was how I learned to tie shoelaces

Comment

• pinpopper
                        • Mar 2019

The speed with which i can make a big pile of balloons or a cluster. My tying off speed is pretty good but my speciality is getting a good over inflation on a fast pump in one shot without popping it.

Comment

• Casey88
                          lukmanrewa
                          • Jun 2012

deflating a balloon knot with a blunt object.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎