Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eastlooner
    • Apr 2019

What do you do with oxidised balloons?

For me fresh, glossy balloons are most sexy. Sometimes, when some of them survive and after few days become oxidised and soft I deflate them and save for inflating one more time, this time to pop inevitably. My wife loves to finish them sitting but they give up very fast
  • wiselstorm
    • Oct 2017

Re: What do you do with oxidised balloons?

I'd just blow them up with a pump.As someone with a mild latex allergy,i hate blowing oxidised loons since they may be full of dust.

Comment

• PBK
      • Mar 2019

I keep them as long as I can. I love oxidized balloons. If I get them from somewhere I keep them until they deflate over the course of time.
      We're running the AC on really hot days and opening windows on mild or cooler days now that it's summer in these parts so it's really oxidizing our helium balloons and filling the house with that nice, rich latex smell.

Comment

• BalloonAus
        • May 2019

When they are a bit older and softer, I like to cut the necks and let them slowly deflate. Occasionally when they are a bit shrivelled, I will pop them with something. I enjoy the little puff instead of the loud pop.

Comment

• Seasider
          • Jan 2016

As soon as they start to turn I snip them on the neck to deflate and throw away. I love freshly inflated balloons and my wife hates the smell of even slightly oxidised balloons and I don’t like the smell either, can’t beat a shiny new balloon! I love the way we are all so different but share this love of balloons

Comment

• Slugamano
            • Jul 2016

We pop them because my wife cannot stand the smell of oxidized ballons. If I can untie them I B2P them; if I cannot lose the knot I drop them and we stomp on them.

Comment

• ShredFox
              • Mar 2019

I don't get oxidized loons very often because they don't last very long when I'm around But I had a bunch in the bedroom until last week, and since it was hot and they got a lot of sunlight they ended up like that. Loved how my bedroom stank of latex I like them when they're shiny, but there's also something to that diffuse shinyness when they're old. Moreover, I like that they shred into large pieces that are easy to clean up. But the smell is the nicest thing about them!

If you ask me what I do with them, well, of course they have to go bang at some point. Those particular ones lost the battle to my feet. :P

Comment

• Casey88
                lukmanrewa
                • Jun 2012

I pop them or cut the knot off.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍