Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonorm
    • Mar 2019

Chicago FLOAT 2022 convention

So, out of curiosity…is anyone on this forum going to the FLOAT 2022 convention here in Chicago (Lombard)? I would really love to ‘sneak in’ and see what it’s all about, especially on the last day when everything is taken down. Wonder how many ‘free balloons’ you would be able to get? It looks like all of the major brands will be there. I went to one many years ago up in Rosemont. LOTS OF BALLOONS!! How I wish I could have stayed longer. This year might be tough because of my work schedule. FLOAT 2022 Chicago…great website!
  • tomarjo
    • Mar 2014

Re: Chicago FLOAT 2022 convention

I would love to go, kinda thought about staying at the hotel hoping to catch a look. Somehow I think they are not open to the public tho at the end?

Comment

• 7balloon
      • Dec 2018

I snuck in one year for the take down. It's not hard, at least it wasn't then

Comment

• LoonerHoax
        • May 2020

I did some of the tear down for the Qualatex WBC one year. They brought in a crew just to pop all the balloons. I ended up snagging a 30" agate that had a custom print on it for the WBC that year as well a couple pockets full of random balloons. They had a bunch of security so I couldn't get my hands on much.

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

Are there any Conventions/Exhibitions like that in the UK? If so, where, when, trade or public or both?

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

And the convention is sponsored by only Qualatex?? Or it is open for any brand.... sound interesting, I have been on 2-3 balloon/decorators expos on my city, but Qualatex is taking all the sponsors and there is almost no chances for better brands like Tuftex to be at the events.

Although if I can tell you something, it is that in an event full of decorators you will be surprised how rare it is to see an overinflated balloon. (Seeing it like this is a bit frustrating for us as looners, 2 years ago I went to an expo where I was able to take out a 17" tuftex and inflate it with a nice neck, you draw a lot of attention because in reality no one present is usually familiar with those sizes of balloons inflated that way) But even so I recommend it for the ease that an event of this style represents to get stock of balloons at a good price, or even learn about new trends and colors.
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Loonorm
              • Mar 2019

Asclepio — If you go to the website Floatconvention.com, you will see that there’s a few of the balloon manufacturers listed as sponsors! Would really love to know what balloons GEMAR and TUF-TEX would have there! Some great pictures of the past events also, are found.

Comment

• Asclepio
                • Sep 2018

Loonorm- Thank you, I will see it, actually I believe Tuftex will have all their range of sizes from 11" to 36" since they use all of them for organic decorations...... you know the wall full of loons from different sizes and usually following the same color trend like desert colors or pastels.... I wish crystal colors can be as popular as those new colors used on weddings
                A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                  Are there any Conventions/Exhibitions like that in the UK? If so, where, when, trade or public or both?
                  I believe they are. I got a climb in balloon from a guy who had blagged it off an exhibitor along with some samples. I can't remember where He said the exhibition was. It may have been at the NEC and a toy exhibition, but I'm not 100% certain.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                    • Jun 2015

Thanks Danniballoon. I'll view NEC to see what's on and look around elsewhere.

Comment

• hatajai
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LoonerHoax
                      I did some of the tear down for the Qualatex WBC one year. They brought in a crew just to pop all the balloons. I ended up snagging a 30" agate that had a custom print on it for the WBC that year as well a couple pockets full of random balloons. They had a bunch of security so I couldn't get my hands on much.
                      Wow I want to get their big print balloons too.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎