A Short, Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

A Short, Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Just a polite request to ALL the single, male, heterosexual looners: please DON'T descend on the female looners who join-up here!

Let the ladies get used to the forum, and the members, and the group as a whole.

Some of the ladies who join, are in relationships. Some are gay women. And some are only here because they love balloons, but aren't seeking a relationship at all.

Please don't start instant messaging them, wanting to know everything about them, and trying to be overly-friendly. I know many of you men want to meet a lady who is into balloons, but by descending onto the very few who join our group, it can become creepy, and oppressive!

Please give them some breathing space!

(And yes, I count myself amongst the men also seeking a female looner. So this message equally applies to myself.)

Thanking You all, in advance!
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: A Short, Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Here, have a upvote (just pretend it's actually there)

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by lyckr
      Here, have a upvote (just pretend it's actually there)
      I second the motion (errr, notion?)

Comment

• JOhara
        • Jul 2015

Third!

Comment

• t17forLife
          • May 2015

Yeehaw!

It's often the same folks who ask "why aren't there any female looners?" and then do shit like that. While men are more likely to have a sexual fetish to begin with, there are likely many female looners out there.

It's bad enough on the "good" side of the internet; let's not drive away potential users from here.

Here's one for all of you folks: Let's say you do come across one. As usual, from far away (500+mi). We know the intent, but what's the real plan y'all have?

Comment

• Pink Balloon
            • Oct 2016

I can agree with this.

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
              POP-O-RAMA!
              • Feb 2016

I also agree with this!

In the last twenty years, this community has lost a lot of female looners and I would not expect them to come back regardless of how things may have changed (for the better.) Our male to female ratio has always been extremely high... a total "sausage fest." Our female members and lurkers are an important part of our community and should feel welcomed to participate and most importantly treated with respect. Over the years, I have even suggested that female lurkers lie about their gender so that they wouldn't be swamped with inappropriate messages and requests. This should never have been an issue.

Thanks for the post BalloonBoyUK,
              MikeTheBouncer

Comment

• balloons4life
                • Mar 2016

I completly agree with you!

Comment

• Vicci
                  Blown to bits
                  • Oct 2009

Tempted to install the "Like" plugin on the forum, just so I can like your post
                  Vicci x

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Vicci
                    Kind of you to say, but the polite response from you (and others), is good enough. People are always welcome to hit the "Rep" button, if they like what I write. That's almost the same things as a "Like" button!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Nittox
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Vicci
                      That would be awesome to have a like function *like*

the pun couldnt be resisted :P

Comment

• Nittox
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                        Just a polite request to ALL the single, male, heterosexual looners: please DON'T descend on the female looners who join-up here!

Let the ladies get used to the forum, and the members, and the group as a whole.

Some of the ladies who join, are in relationships. Some are gay women. And some are only here because they love balloons, but aren't seeking a relationship at all.

Please don't start instant messaging them, wanting to know everything about them, and trying to be overly-friendly. I know many of you men want to meet a lady who is into balloons, but by descending onto the very few who join our group, it can become creepy, and oppressive!

Please give them some breathing space!

(And yes, I count myself amongst the men also seeking a female looner. So this message equally applies to myself.)

Thanking You all, in advance!
                        Quoted for truth

Comment

• drumrd
                          • Dec 2013

I should say, make this topic a sticky.

Comment

• WannabePopper
                            • Oct 2018

1000% Agree with this message.

I would also add a word of caution for real-life interactions with your desired gender of preference. Although it certainly seems tempting, I recommend you do not try to enter into or remain in a relationship SOLELY based on the other person's enthusiasm or ability regarding the balloon fetish, or any fetish for that matter.

It seems like a total fantasy to many to have partner who is throughly engaged in your balloon fetish, but in truth a relationship needs to be built on MUCH more than that. It's hard for us to "think outside the balloon fetish" sometimes.

Speaking from personal experience here.

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by WannabePopper
                              1000% Agree with this message.

I would also add a word of caution for real-life interactions with your desired gender of preference. Although it certainly seems tempting, I recommend you do not try to enter into or remain in a relationship SOLELY based on the other person's enthusiasm or ability regarding the balloon fetish, or any fetish for that matter.

It seems like a total fantasy to many to have partner who is throughly engaged in your balloon fetish, but in truth a relationship needs to be built on MUCH more than that. It's hard for us to "think outside the balloon fetish" sometimes.

Speaking from personal experience here.
                              I also agree with the starting message.

But your reply is also very valuable. Life is much more than just your love for balloons.

On the dating part I can add something. In the past I had certain "requirements" for men or women who could be possible dating candidates. Once I sat down next to a girl, who I knew already for years and whom I couldn't stand out. She couldn't stand me out either way. But for this one night we had a really good talk and afterwards I realize she met all my requirements! But there was no chance I would ever want to date her!
                              It made me realize that my requirements were stupid. Actually that requirements in general don't make sense. You just need to have the right feeling with someone.
                              So if someone on this forum has the requirement that his/her partner should be a looner, he's wrong. There's no reason a relationship based only on a shared sexual interest would work. A participating partner should be more than enough! Or perhaps you could even settle with an "accepting" partner. Life isn't perfect and your potential partner also isn't!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎