• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eastlooner
    • Apr 2019

Crystal, pastel, pearl or metallics?

Hello,
    What kind of balloons do you prefer?
    Myself- I love crystals. Pastels and pearl are tolerable. Metallics- never mind
  • JOhara
    • Jul 2015

Re: Crystal, pastel, pearl or metallics?

Pastels and crystals tie for the top for me! Pink, light blue, yellow and pale purple pastels and red, blue, magenta, orange and purple crystals

Metallics, black, brown, white, silver, gold... not my thing.

Comment

• Eastlooner
      • Apr 2019

Yes,yes,yes... I donna know, why metallics are still a gold standard for any circumstances?

Comment

• Casey88
        lukmanrewa
        • Jun 2012

Crystals and pastels !

Comment

• Orzel
          • Nov 2015

I'd say crystals

Comment

• ShredFox
            • Mar 2019

I'll say crystals as well, but plain ones can be very nice too. As for metallic ones, I don't know either. I had a pack a while ago, and they were more stiff and less stretchy than normal and crystal ones. Because of that they gave louder bangs though. Can't say anthing about pearl ones because I don't remember every seeing any.

Has anyone however had neon loons before? I never bought any myself but I remember having some a long time ago, can't remember where I got them though. But I remember that they smelt and tasted very bad, must have been some quite cheap ones I reckon. They were very stretchy and not very fun to me, they didn't look very nice either. I guess they had a lot of softeners or some shit in them, so they were trash pretty much. I'd be interested in checking out some nicer neon ones though.

Comment

• BalloonAus
              • May 2019

Originally posted by ShredFox
              Has anyone however had neon loons before? I never bought any myself but I remember having some a long time ago, can't remember where I got them though. But I remember that they smelt and tasted very bad, must have been some quite cheap ones I reckon. They were very stretchy and not very fun to me, they didn't look very nice either. I guess they had a lot of softeners or some shit in them, so they were trash pretty much. I'd be interested in checking out some nicer neon ones though.
              Coles here in Australia sell Neon ones pretty cheap. They do smell and taste pretty bad but they used to look nice and get to be quite big. Not sure what they are like these days because it has been a while.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                • Nov 2018

Crystals are my first choice. I also love pastels. Like others, I used to avoid metallics and pearls because they never inflated to their rated size and are too hard. I've also had bad experiences with store bought metallics.

However, if you get good quality metallics and pearls, and inflate them several times they get much bigger and softer. The 16" Qtex pearls are particularly interesting. They are a different shape than the the other 16" Qtex; more like their 18" with a wide nozzle. They also inflate larger than the other 16" types. Balloons-united sells a pearl Qtex 16" with an imprint that is worth a try.

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

Pearl can be fun. I think they can stretch more than any other balloon.

Comment

• TheGrimLooner
                    • Apr 2017

Crystal all the way, those are the hottest.

Comment

• glovepopper
                      • May 2019

Only crystal.

Comment

• palloncino90
                        • Jan 2018

The first pastel for me (my favourite colors white and pink) and crystal second.
                        I'm not into pearl and metallic even if i tried metallic in past but i didn't like, very hard to inflate them at rated size (although i watched a clip with tuf-tex 24" golden and silver and they got very huge, perhpas after many inflations) regarding pearl I would to try them someday.
                        I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• srob2
                          • Dec 2017

I feel like crystal and pastel reach a size where you know they won't get bigger, unless they burst before that. Pressure increases, the balloon gets tighter, but it stays the same size.

Pearl and metallic will similarly reach a point where it gets harder to blow and it doesn't seem like they can get bigger, but then the balloon keeps stretching and growing, sometimes bulging to one side, getting longer, or the neck getting huge. Much more fun to b2p if you aren't going to chicken out.

Comment

• PBK
                            • Mar 2019

I like pastels, personally, then crystals, then plain colors and lastly pearls. I'm not crazy about pearl tones, but that's just me.

Comment

• BYGavia
                              • Dec 2017

Pastel and crystal for me. I’m not a huge fan of metallic balloons, though I have some metallic gold Tuftex 24” balloons, and they are TOUGH. They need some work to stretch more, but they make great makeshift seats.

I don’t have much experience with pearlescent balloons.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎