Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

147 Balloons

Hey everyone, quick share. I was helping out at a conference that my mom organized. At the conference, there were 4 beautiful purple, white, and black 12" balloon columns amongst a sea of mylar balloons that were floating along the ceiling. When the conference was over, everyone who hosted had to clean up, so I decided to stay and help my mom. Well apparently I must've done something good to deserve what came next.

I had a feeling that the balloon columns would have to be "cleaned" at one point. Trying to hold in my excitement, I "volunteered" for the job before anyone else could. Sadly, some people were disappointed that we had to get rid of something so beautiful, but one of the organizers decided that we could give the mylars away to the kids in their place. Besides... before anyone else could say anything, I was like "Don't sweat it, I got this!" And I hurried outside with the 4 balloon columns in tow. I knew some people were afraid of the popping sound so I masked my actions as being considerate of those people. But truthfully I was having such a hard time keeping myself together, you could hear it in my voice, I was sweating a little, and figety. I couldn't help it.

Anyways, I took the balloons outside to this patio spot that was right around the corner from a tunnel that was right below the building the conference was hosted at. Without even realizing it, the tunnel wound up amplifying the balloon popping like 5 times the normal sound. Using my hands and feet, I spent the next 10 minutes popping all 147 of those balloons! OMG I still get excited thinking of it now. To be honest, as much as I love popping, I still get nervous for pops, which I actually thing adds to the "rush" that I get from popping balloons. So all 147 pops echoed as huge booms in the tunnel, which was just an out of this world experience. I popped the columns fast for a minute with my hands, before switching to my feet. I stomped them much more slowly, and really savored the sound, which was even louder than by hand.

Anyways thanks for reading, I thought I would share my awesome weekend. I included some photos so you all could see what I got to play with. Happy looning everyone!
    Attached Files
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

Re: 147 Balloons

Sorry guys, seems like the website is giving me problems uploading. So click this link to google drive, and you can see the 4 columns and the aftermath. I wish I was thinking... I woulda taken video as well. Oh well, there's always next time!

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Lemme know if there's any problems.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by LoudPopper
      Without even realizing it, the tunnel wound up amplifying the balloon popping like 5 times the normal sound.
      Username checks out, being a loud popper?

Comment

• Popemall

SOOOO LUCKY! Those columns look like you had a blast!

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Popemall
          SOOOO LUCKY! Those columns look like you had a blast!
          Pun intended?

Comment

• LoudPopper
            • Jan 2016

Yeah the columns were definitely the highlight of my week. It had me thinking, where can I go or what can I do to encounter more columns in my life? Anyone have ideas?
            Last edited by LoudPopper; 14-05-2017, 13:51. Reason: Didn't finish post.

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Yeah the columns were definitely the highlight of my week. It had me thinking, where can I go or what can I do to encounter more columns in my life? Anyone have ideas?
              Run a balloon shop, be a decorator for large events, etc...

Comment

• LoudPopper
                • Jan 2016

Oh if it were that simple my friend. Oh the balloon shop I would own *sigh*. I know as I continue on in my career and have more disposable income my plan is to own in the neighborhood of like 10,000 balloons and acquire all of the specialty loons my heart desires. Until then, I guess it's column hunting for me. Anyone else have ideas?

Comment

• OverTheTop
                  • Dec 2013

Oh if it were that simple my friend. Oh the balloon shop I would own *sigh*. I know as I continue on in my career and have more disposable income my plan is to own in the neighborhood of like 10,000 balloons and acquire all of the specialty loons my heart desires. Until then, I guess it's column hunting for me. Anyone else have ideas?
                  Your best bet is probably to volunteer to help out at large events, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about that would be.

Comment

• Norwegianpopper
                    • Jan 2018

Looks like it was a lot of fun there. I normally volunteer to pop all the balloons after parties, campaigns and so on. And most of the time I get to do it by myself. At most there were a bit more than 500 tightly inflated 12" balloons. That was a dream come true!

Comment

• LoudPopper
                      • Jan 2016

That sounds like the absolute dream volunteer job. I gotta figure out how to get involved with that!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎