Continue my main series or do something different?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Continue my main series or do something different?

So I’ve just finished the 25th instalment of my looner series. It’s been going on for a while now. I never dreamed I’d write that many when I wrote the first one. I’ve been wondering if I’ve done enough and should move on to something else or whether to continue. I’ve done a few stand-alone stories which were a nice break. I’ve also been writing non fetish erotica. They’re getting pretty decent ratings on literotica which surprised me as it’s my first time doing that sort of thing.

So if you enjoy my writing, what do you think I should work on? Keep the main series going, start a new one, or just write the occasional stand-alone story?

I’ve been uploading them all to my website if you haven’t seen my latest works www.loonerstories.weebly.com
    Keep the main series going
    0%
    Start a new series
    0%
    Work on stand-alone stories
    0%
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com
  • Bobywan
    • Sep 2012

Re: Continue my main series or do something different?

Would love to see a new series with fresh characters!

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

I’ll have to come up with some new interesting characters. I’m thinking about having two main characters with a few side characters like my current stories. It’s always best to have contrasting personalities I find. So one will be more dominant and the other more submissive. Not sure what one to have as the lead character though. I’ll have to have a think. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

I’ve gotten an A5 sized note book full of recollections based around real life experiences with ex’s and a distant female friend I knew way back in the 80’s involving inflatables and balloons. I’ve often thought about posting a few of these accounts but have never got around to doing so yet. The main reason I wrote these up in a book in the first place though was to record (or to put on record) the actual intimate dialogue between us as we used them together though. I just wish back then I could have video’d things instead but it was at a time long before I had a device capable of recording moving image with- though a partner did agree one night to me setting up my DSLr on a tripod and using an interval timer took a few hundred JPGs aimed on the end of the bed so neither of us could be identified obviously (her rules). I did print them off and kept them in a folder, but over the intervening years I think I threw them out. I’ve certainly not got them now though sadly.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

I’ve got some ideas already. It’s going to be a little different to my main series but it’ll have some similarities. The lead character is in some ways similar to Holly and Sophie from my other stories. The second character is a little different from anything I’ve done before. I don’t want to give too much away now though. As for story ideas, I’ve got enough for the first few chapters. I’ll see if everyone enjoys them before committing to a full series. I’m going to start with just two characters for now, but lots more will be added in due course.

Comment

• Tdo8888
            • Jun 2016

As long as you keep writing !!!!!!

Have you ever thought of using some celebrities as your characters?( Figured it might be the only way I’ll ever get to see Christens Applegate cigarette bust some balloons lol)

But once again, as long as you write I am beyond content! Thanks for all the great work!!

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Ultimately, you should do what you enjoy doing. That said, after 25 installments of anything, maybe it is time for you to rest that series for the time being, and do something different - either a one-off or a mini-series or short story (of sorts)?

Sometimes chopping-and-changing is good for writers, so you don't get bored writing the same characters and scenarios, and good for your readers, so that they don't get bored either.

You can always go back, and write part 26, if you want too, at a later date.

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                Ultimately, you should do what you enjoy doing. That said, after 25 installments of anything, maybe it is time for you to rest that series for the time being, and do something different - either a one-off or a mini-series or short story (of sorts)?

Sometimes chopping-and-changing is good for writers, so you don't get bored writing the same characters and scenarios, and good for your readers, so that they don't get bored either.

You can always go back, and write part 26, if you want too, at a later date.
                That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. I’ve been doing some non balloon stories lately for the same reason. I’ve already started the first part of the new series. I’m going to develop the characters a little before going straight into the balloon stuff. Of course they’ll be some at the beginning, but it won’t play a huge part until later.

Comment

• marja

I love your main story. I was 2 or 3 episodes behind, finished them last week and was very to find a new update this week. I still have to read the separate stories, so I can't comment on what way you should go.
                  You have written a very nice main story. Some episodes were really nice. I remember the first time Cabin and camping in a cave for example. If there is a problem with the main story, it is that there are so many characters who have a balloon fetish, it is getting unrealistic. I also have the feeling that you have to get more and more extreme to add new things to the story. Sometimes it is too much for me.
                  So a new story may be good, as characters can be softer and more careful. On the other hand, I enjoyed your main story very much (as long as it doesn't get too extreme), so I would like to read more from that too.

Comment

• wildheart
                    • Apr 2015

I agree. I felt I had to add more characters and more extreme elements to keep it interesting. This next series will be a lot calmer and have less characters but more detailed development. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Comment

• ALittleFallOfRain5
                      • Jan 2019

Some of my favorite stories that I keep coming back to read are Vinyl Euphoria and The Pool. I hope more of your stories feature Inflatables instead of just balloons.

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

I can do more inflatable stuff. I did start writing one a while ago that I never got around to finishing. I’ll have to find it.

Comment

• marja

Please specify if it is inflatable stuff, so I can skip them.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎