X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bjorn
    Phobic non-popper
    • Oct 2018

Glad I used earplugs

About two weeks ago I bought a bag of earplugs to feel less anxious while playing with balloons. Today I was glad I used them.

Today I inflated a new Q16 balloon, close to overinflation.
    The same size like I did last week.

I lay it on a towel, which I checked with my hands before for even smallest sharp things. The towel was spread over een part of the couch.
    I set myself slowly on the balloon, after I put in my earplugs.

Slowly I sank onto the balloon, then I start moving my ass slowly. I feels so exciting to feel the tight balloon to my body.
    Then the balloon popped suddenly. I think it was with a loud bang, but it was muffled by my earplugs. I was a bit dissapointed that the balloon popped so quickly, but I didn't scared me so much this time.

Because of the earplugs the sound was muffled so much, that I heard just a soft pop. It didn't shocked me. So I took the large balloon I inflated last week and try to bounce on it too.
    Unfortunately, it also popped really quickly. I checked the balloon and found a small damage, which may be caused by a small sharp object. Yes, I found a small sharp thing very close to the towel. So maybe both balloon pops were caused by this small object.

Any way, I felt a bit dissappointed after this two balloon pops and stopped playing for today.

Being a non-popper with a phobia for popping, I can recommand 3M E-A-Rsoft FX earplugs.
    The were sold here in a Dutch webshop for use in shooting sports, they will muffled up to 39 decibel was posted at the website.
    I can recommand they are really good.
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Glad I used earplugs

Hmm, strange. The Q16’s is usually very strong. I tried sit popping an overinflated one the other day. Couldn’t do it, so I kept adding more air until it burst. (First proper blow to pop btw, so proud!) I used over ear headphones and the pop wasn’t bad at all. Could’ve been because I have inflated it many times before though.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Bjorn
      Phobic non-popper
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by wildheart
      Hmm, strange. The Q16’s is usually very strong. I tried sit popping an overinflated one the other day. Couldn’t do it, so I kept adding more air until it burst. (First proper blow to pop btw, so proud!) I used over ear headphones and the pop wasn’t bad at all. Could’ve been because I have inflated it many times before though.
      Okay, I inflated it a second time, but it was new balloon.
      I hope it was about the sharp object on the couch, close to the towel. I also hope this was bad luck and the next balloon will be better.

I just inflated another Q16, also inflated it a second time. This is the picture of balloon.
      Attached Files

Comment

• snh61
        • Sep 2017

I think that is nowhere close to overinflated?? and also does not look much like a Q16? Q16s have I think thinner necks, so?

Comment

• Bjorn
          Phobic non-popper
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by snh61
          I think that is nowhere close to overinflated?? and also does not look much like a Q16? Q16s have I think thinner necks, so?
          When I inflated it the first time, it get thinner neck, but at the second inflation it gets bigger with a wider neck.

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bjorn
            Okay, I inflated it a second time, but it was new balloon.
            I hope it was about the sharp object on the couch, close to the towel. I also hope this was bad luck and the next balloon will be better.

I just inflated another Q16, also inflated it a second time. This is the picture of balloon.
            Q16s and Q18s are the toughest balloons I experienced. I can re-inflate them 3-4 times upto their rated size and ride/hump them with my full body weight (165 lbs). No issues of popping until now. So might be the sharp object that caused the pop.

Comment

• wildheart
              • Apr 2015

That’s my one.
              Attached Files

Comment

• palloncino90
                • Jan 2018

For a non-popper earplugs should be a must, I'm gonna to buy one.

wildheart, awesome balloon i guess it's gone now, yes? XD
                I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Actually, I didn’t pop that one. I did the blow to pop with a shiny black one. It got just as big. It’ll definitely go bang next time though. That one didn’t pop even after sitting on it.

Comment

• palloncino90
                    • Jan 2018

That's very durable, they would be perfect for a non-popper although I'm not into 16", always obsessed with tt 17" and over.
                    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by palloncino90
                      That's very durable, they would be perfect for a non-popper although I'm not into 16", always obsessed with tt 17" and over.
                      You can get them to 17” if you blow them up enough

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍