Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FunLooner
    • Dec 2019

Balloon Repair?

Does anyone know of any tricks to patch or fix a pin hole in a balloon? I rescued one untied the knot only to find a pin hole in it
  • Tookus
    • Nov 2019

Re: Balloon Repair?

I use this on pin holes, and thin spots, so far so good. It adds days or weeks to the life of your balloon. I just repaired a thin spot on a GL900, that was a week ago, and it's still holding.
    Last edited by Tookus; 23-02-2020, 04:15.

Comment

• FunLooner
      • Dec 2019

When using this do I use another piece of latex to place over the hole or will it fix it?

Comment

• Tookus
        • Nov 2019

No, just deflate the balloon, smear a dime sized amount over and around the hole. I use a cotton swab, and let it dry for 24 hours. For my thin spot, I only deflated the balloon to a quarter of it's full size to allow for better expansion of the treated area, then treated the the thin area, and left it alone for 24hrs.

Comment

• Danniballoon
          • Mar 2018

I dab a bit of liquid latex on both sides of the hole. Works well and is the same stuff the balloon is made from. Just make sure to powder it with talc once dry, as latex sticks to itself.

Comment

• TheMole
            • Nov 2019

I used rubber cement and and a small patch on a very think balloon I had once, worked great.

Comment

• Kafka66
              • Mar 2018

How about for large holes and tears. I'm pretty sure there were posts about this before, but can't seem to find it anymore. Any help would be great.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

It's tricky to repair balloons at all since the bond created by adding liquid latex/etc won't be as strong or as uniform as the original latex. I think for much beyond small holes, it's not really feasible to repair balloons - or if it is, they'll be significantly weaker than an undamaged balloon.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
                  • Jun 2020

Rubber tire tube repair cement Victor brand at Canadian tire works well. Cut a patch of rubber that is slightly larger than the damaged area. Clean bothering the patch and repair area with acetone for older latex or paint lacquer lacquer thinner for shinny newer latex. Coat both surfaces with adhesive and let dry for a few seconds. Press the patch on carefully so that there are nobtrapped bubbles. Test stretch or test with a partial inflation after drying for at least 1 hour. If the patch does not hold completely reapply some adhesive with a toothpick to the edges. Do in a well ventilated area because of the solvent fumes

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎