X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlo14
    • Jan 2020

Getting over your fear of popping balloon

Hey,
    How did you guys get over your fear of popping balloon? I am still plugging my ears when I pop them and my goal is to B2P.
    Is there people here that have never been scared of popping them?
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Getting over your fear of popping balloon

I'm usually quite fearless, as long as I have earplugs in. Exception is b2p, which I still only manage on rare occasions. If the loud noise bothers you, I don't think you should get rid of the hearing protection (if anything, I would recommend always using it for the sake of safety). Just keep trying to pop your balloons, if you enjoy doing so. It gets easier with practice and the first one in a session is always the most difficult one. Once one goes bang, I usually prove to myself that it isn't actually very scary, so it just gets easier from there.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

Practice. Lot of practice. Start off with sharp object popping, then move on to more unpredictable pops such as sit pops before attempting a b2p. If you drink, alcohol certainly helps, just don’t have too much. It definitely gets easier with time but the fear is unlikely to go away completely. That’s probably a good thing because the fear adds excitement.

Just noticed you’re from Canada, if you smoke weed, that can help too, but it can also do the opposite. The rare times I’ve done it, I’ve had waves of fearlessness and anxiety and the pop seemed way louder and I jumped a lot more than usual. Obviously the goal is to do it sober, but having some popping experience makes it easier.
      Last edited by wildheart; 13-02-2020, 15:28.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Marlo14
        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by lyckr
        I'm usually quite fearless, as long as I have earplugs in. Exception is b2p, which I still only manage on rare occasions. If the loud noise bothers you, I don't think you should get rid of the hearing protection (if anything, I would recommend always using it for the sake of safety). Just keep trying to pop your balloons, if you enjoy doing so. It gets easier with practice and the first one in a session is always the most difficult one. Once one goes bang, I usually prove to myself that it isn't actually very scary, so it just gets easier from there.
        Thank you so much for your reply!! I love popping balloon so I will probably try smaller and then go bigger balloon!

Comment

• Marlo14
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
          Practice. Lot of practice. Start off with sharp object popping, then move on to more unpredictable pops such as sit pops before attempting a b2p. If you drink, alcohol certainly helps, just don’t have too much. It definitely gets easier with time but the fear is unlikely to go away completely. That’s probably a good thing because the fear adds excitement.

Just noticed you’re from Canada, if you smoke weed, that can help too, but it can also do the opposite. The rare times I’ve done it, I’ve had waves of fearlessness and anxiety and the pop seemed way louder and I jumped a lot more than usual. Obviously the goal is to do it sober, but having some popping experience makes it easier.
          Thank you for the reply! Really appreciated!! I have maybe popped at least 200 balloon and I am still scared! I did improvement thats for sure but I just love seing them pop. The fear definitely adds LOTS of excitements. I have actually never thought of Alcohol or weed since they are legal in Canada. Thank you again!

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Marlo14
            Thank you for the reply! Really appreciated!! I have maybe popped at least 200 balloon and I am still scared! I did improvement thats for sure but I just love seing them pop. The fear definitely adds LOTS of excitements. I have actually never thought of Alcohol or weed since they are legal in Canada. Thank you again!
            Don’t over do it, but alcohol definitely helps. On New Years I may have done alcohol and weed together and popped loads. Got in a trance and lost almost all fear at one point. Just don’t make it a regular thing.

Comment

• somerando
              • Feb 2020

I'd say try to figure out what scares you most first. If it's the loud noise of the bang, try popping less inflated balloons will a needle or something, the more you get used to it the less afraid you'll be. If it's the fear of the popping being painful (popping in your face or something), then I'd recommend popping a balloon with a sharp object while blowing it up. Essentially, pop balloons of your own volition until you feel confident enough to pop them accidentally. Good luck!

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

When it comes to blow to pops, if you're worried about pieces of latex hitting your face (the pieces will in most cases go away from you, but it might still happen), I would recommend wearing safety glasses. Or you could do like I did when I did my first ever blow to pop on purpose: make a mask out of cardboard and just make a hole to put the balloon in your mouth

Comment

• brink99
                  • Feb 2020

What about my neigbours, I don't dare to pop, because everyone here can here it???
                  Any tips or is it just in my head?

Comment

• Marlo14
                    • Jan 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
                    Don’t over do it, but alcohol definitely helps. On New Years I may have done alcohol and weed together and popped loads. Got in a trance and lost almost all fear at one point. Just don’t make it a regular thing.
                    What do you thing sould be best between weed and alcohol? I might try both and see! Don’t make what a regular thing?

Comment

• Marlo14
                      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by somerando
                      I'd say try to figure out what scares you most first. If it's the loud noise of the bang, try popping less inflated balloons will a needle or something, the more you get used to it the less afraid you'll be. If it's the fear of the popping being painful (popping in your face or something), then I'd recommend popping a balloon with a sharp object while blowing it up. Essentially, pop balloons of your own volition until you feel confident enough to pop them accidentally. Good luck!
                      Thank you for your reply! Always appreciated! Actually what scare me the most is the pop! I even bought a electric pump and I am so scared to use it because I can’t feel when the balloon is about to pop and it blows them up really too quick.

Comment

• Marlo14
                        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by lyckr
                        When it comes to blow to pops, if you're worried about pieces of latex hitting your face (the pieces will in most cases go away from you, but it might still happen), I would recommend wearing safety glasses. Or you could do like I did when I did my first ever blow to pop on purpose: make a mask out of cardboard and just make a hole to put the balloon in your mouth
                        Thank you for the tip! I am actually more scared of the pop but that’s something I will try to creat! Thank you

Comment

• Marlo14
                          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by brink99
                          What about my neigbours, I don't dare to pop, because everyone here can here it???
                          Any tips or is it just in my head?
                          I live in a townhouse and I have neighbours each side of me and I have been popping lots of balloon and never got a single complaint. If you are scared that they would complain you can always pop smaller balloon, older balloon or even pop them under the blanket. Hope it helps you!

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Marlo14
                            What do you thing sould be best between weed and alcohol? I might try both and see! Don’t make what a regular thing?
                            Probably alcohol. It’s been called liquid courage for a reason. Weed could work too, depending on strain and how it effects you. It might calm you, excite you, or make you more anxious. It’s not a good idea to smoke or drink every time you want to pop though, otherwise you’ll never be able to do it sober and get over your fear.

Comment

• srob2
                              • Dec 2017

If you have an electric pump, throw a balloon on, and leave your house. That should give you an idea how loud it is for them. Most apartments are an issue, most houses are not. But one more thing giving you anxiety is the last thing you want trying to get over fear.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎