X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Regular Guy
    • Aug 2015

"neck by design" or "neck by overinflation"

Hello,

this is a thread about a thought that came in my head as I first saw these long neck balloons.

After seeing them the first time, I didn't like them.
    Then I tried to catch the fact why I dont like them.

First fact was the shape, the neck is too long and the transition from the balloons "body" to the neck makes them look some kind of "unnatural".

But that isn't the main fact.

Mostly I don't like that these balloons are intended to have a neck, or, in other words, the neck is intented to be inflated, as the title says "neck by design".

I really like balloons with a good or even long or huge neck, but the point is, that a regular balloon isn't intented to have a neck and the neck of a normal balloon isn't intented to be inflated. It is intended to make a knot into to close the balloon after inflation.

A necked balloon is something very special for me, a turn-on, because it is inflated more than its means, more than to its rated size. And that's when balloons start to get really interesting for me.
    I love everything about necked balloon, their shape, their tightness, the fact that they are inflated too much and, of course, that they are pushed to their limits.

When we talk about long neck balloons, it is quite different. The neck is a part of the balloon that is intended to be inflated and the balloon is designed to look like this. A regular balloon isn't. The way it looks, their shape, is caused by overinflation.

In summary I can say, that I don't like these balloons because having a neck is "normal" for them, and for regular balloons this is "spacial"

How do you thonk about that?
    Looking forward to your answers...
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Re: "neck by design" or "neck by overinflation"

I definitely agree with you. I love regular balloons with a long neck because you know that means that they're very over-inflated and about to pop. Balloons that have necks that are intended to be inflated lose that sense of anticipation and danger when the necks get big and inflated.

Comment

• marja

Perhaps a very stupid question. But can you name some brands that have necks by design?

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

I see your point. Balloons like this feels a bit like cheating I don't normally inflate my balloons tight enough for them to get a huge neck, but I love seeing it pop out when I sit on them.

Originally posted by marja
        Perhaps a very stupid question. But can you name some brands that have necks by design?
        RCR has a model like that. I suspect they're specially designed by a looner. They're not being made at the moment though. I believe the company that manufactured them is gone, but that the person behind the design is looking for someone else to produce them.
        TopBallon also have one that is a lot bigger.

Comment

• Jkloon
          • Aug 2013

I usually overinflated the ones that are meant to get a neck anyways, so the neck gets insanely big and tight. If you're looking for a good neck, that isn't meant to be, try a punch balloon. Those things are great when you get a neck on them.

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
            • Oct 2019

As I'm a non-popper who is not really focused on necking, I'm actually kind of a fan of necks by design. It makes me feel a little safer around the balloon. My favorite is the Cattex 32" btw.
            *notices bulge*

Comment

• JOhara
              • Jul 2015

Maybe I am misinterpreting the topic but I prefer balloons that have been overinflated where they naturally “light bulb” out. “Necking” by tugging on the balloon doesn’t do it for me, personally. I love that natural overinflated look.

Comment

• Regular Guy
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by JOhara
                Maybe I am misinterpreting the topic but I prefer balloons that have been overinflated where they naturally “light bulb” out. “Necking” by tugging on the balloon doesn’t do it for me, personally. I love that natural overinflated look.
                I totally agree.

The thread is about overinflated balloons by the way, I think you got it right.

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

I don't know. Is a regular unique or tuftex or qualatex neck by design? Most non looners tie these before they neck, but they neck before they are even close to popping.

Comment

• Regular Guy
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by srob2
                    I don't know. Is a regular unique or tuftex or qualatex neck by design? Most non looners tie these before they neck, but they neck before they are even close to popping.
                    I see the point.
                    But in my opinion they are not neck by design. The neck of these balloons is meant to tie the balloons, the neck of "neck-by-design-balloons" is meant to be inflated. So a neck is "normal".

Back to Qualatex an Tuftex. It is right that they are (more or less) far from popping even if they have a neck, but they are not supposed to have a neck.
                    Difficult to describe but this is what makes necked balloons so special for me...

Comment

• Nopops4me
                      • Jun 2015

If you guys like balloons with necks, have a look at rykyo channel on YouTube. He has a room of necked Belbal and Tuftex balloons which he puts to shards of latex. Posted 28 December 2019. Some of the balloons are really tough.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎