Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

DG Sports Balloons (Just Arrived Today)

I just inflated two of these balloons, and I have 248 (presumably, I didn't count each one) remaining.

From what I can deduct at the moment, these appear to be similar to Unique balloons. They're a bit soft on inflation, and they don't have pronounced drip points. The one difference is that they appear to be rounder.

For those wondering why I didn't get TufTex... Well, I *did* - but they aren't expected to arrive until June 1st.
    Attached Files
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Re: DG Sports Balloons (Just Arrived Today)

What shape are they when you push them much bigger or inflate them multiple times?

Comment

• LoonerHoax
      • May 2020

From personal experience with the TufTex 17" (and Tuf-Tex in general) they can be hard upon first inflation when overinflated. If you fully inflate one and let it oxidize for a day or 2, deflate it completely and then reinflate it, it will grow well past the rated size and remain squishy until it pops. Another issue I have had with TufTex is that they do last as long in storage as Qualatex or other more expensive brands. After about a year, they will begin to get sticky (especially the crystal colors) and become very soft and unpredictable. I believe this is due to the TufTex balloons being marketed for outdoor use so the latex breaks down faster.

If you plan to do a lot of riding, the TufTex are great. Much stronger than the 16" Qualatex.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
        • Feb 2020

Okay, I just blew up another DG Sports balloon and another Unique balloon. I kinda take back what I said about DG Sports balloons being more rounded, since both now look to be equally rounded. I'll deflate and reflate those two a few times, and then let you know what I find.

I don't like to over-inflate balloons, though - since I get scared of them popping.

Lemme... probably keep inflated for at least 12 hours at a time... and then deflate for at least two hours at a time. Is that right?

Maybe I'll try doing that with Tuf-Tex, when they come.

This Saturday, my wubble bubble should arrive - which isn't quite a balloon... but soft and squishy, from what I heard. I'm leery of some of the negative reviews that I've read about them getting leaky, but I probably won't be putting them into the water. My bathtub isn't big enough.

ETA: The tiny one, which I'm getting, appears to be a bit more durable than the larger ones.
        Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 21-05-2020, 02:48. Reason: added info

Comment

• b0f0s0f
          • Nov 2016

I'm scared of them popping too, but for me that's the thrill of pushing them a bit I've just gotten to learn their limits fairly well.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
            • Feb 2020

Okay, I deflated and reinflated all seven balloons (three DG Sports, two Unique, and two Way to Celebrate) that I blew up this week - along with the four Unique balloons that I inflated last week. I haven't noticed any difference in shape, but I've been able to easily inflate them larger.

It looks like DG Sports balloons actually aren't that soft, but they are as equally rounded as Unique balloons. Way to Celebrate (Walmart brand) don't get rounded at all, unless you downsize them.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎