Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loveinloons
    • Nov 2018

Walmart 36"

Wanted to let you all no how tuff the walmart 36" are if you dont already no. Im 250lbs and a fully inflated 36 incher can support me with no fear of popping. So lets hear your storeys of how your balloons hold up
  • QuickRide1284
    • May 2019

Re: Walmart 36"

Those Walmart 36" are my go to balloon right now. I stocked up on a bunch about 3 months ago and I'm still using the first one I opened and it's been through many rides and bouncing. They are definitely tough, the latex is quite thick and is pretty firm once inflated.

Comment

• Helium1234
      • Dec 2016

How are they with helium?

Comment

• SuTeKh
        • Sep 2018

Definately one of my favorites. They do hold up really well when blown up to full size as well as multiple inflations. I would whole heartedly recommend them to anyone who likes the larger round balloons. Cant beat the convience of grabbing them at walmart. Would def get them again! Also havent tried them with helium but i would love to test that out if i could get my hands on a big helium tank!

Comment

• WannabePopper
          • Oct 2018

Are these available in the stores? Or online only? What brand are they?

Maybe, it’s just me, or the Walmarts around me just suck. I can never find them!

Comment

• QuickRide1284
            • May 2019

They are available at some stores, if you check online you can find out what stores carry them, the stores I've seen them at they are not in the same aisle as the rest of the balloons but in another aisle of party supplies. The brand on the package just says Way To Celebrate, I thought I read on here that someone said they were made from Tuff tex but I cannot confirm that.

Comment

• WannabePopper
              • Oct 2018

Thanks, QuickRide.

I went to Walmart today. I see what you mean about them being on a different aisle to the regular balloons. Still, the store was such a disorganized shit show they hardly didn’t have any left. Maybe another looner beat me to it?

I was able to grab a three-pack of 17” lime green balloons and one dark blue 36”. $2.50 for the 36” - not over priced but not super cheap either. I will see how good they are. Other people’s reviews on this post give me high hopes!

Comment

• PBK
                • Mar 2019

Wish Canadian Walmarts stocked these :-(

Comment

• AuroraFox
                  • Nov 2015

I picked up a few of these and finally tried one out. Very satisfied with the balloon, but on the second inflation it only gets to about 33” and has a decent neck forming (for a round balloon). It’s also pretty tight. I’m not sure it would survive being blown up another three full inches in diameter.

Comment

• lioon
                    • Dec 2018

If TufTex makes them, you can do far better on unit price on eBay. At least that has been the situation for a long time, and it was last time I bought some (about a year ago).

It is possible to 'search' the store, meaning find out what aisle something is in. Employees can do it, I believe the Walmart app does it, I keep meaning to see if the website will do it but I keep forgetting.

I'm at Walmart every Saturday for groceries and other necessities. I've swung through the party section once or twice. Never could find the 36ers but iirc the website says another local store has them, just not the one I go to.

Still, the unit cost on the 17s put me off. I'm already spending fifty bucks on food, possibly another fifty on other things, I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe once I'm done planting stuff in the yard for the year...it'll get hot eventually, I'm sure. What better way to spend time in an A/C wind tunnel than with a big loon.

Comment

• EtOHLooner
                      • Mar 2017

Just had a very premature pop on a blue one of these - when I was blowing it, at maybe 18", if that. Bought it maybe 1-2 months ago. And here I'd thought I'd have a fairly tame night.

Comment

• kosmos
                        • May 2017

Ok lets run down through my experience

I have about 12 Walmarts within driving range, only ONE, has the 17 inch and 36 inch

The 17 inch are (sometimes two)three per package are around 1.95

The 36 inch are one a package for about the same price..

Balloons are made by BSA, while i have heard that they are made by Tuftex (Maple City Rubber) i don'd believe so,

1. Tuftex are much much softer

2. Tuftex have a much different smell

BSA's are much more professional loons meant for car dealerships, to withstand the elements and are a much more robust balloon. The latex has to be thicker, but comes with a caveat

Since the latex is thicker its a bit more difficult to neck and over inflate (after repeated inflation's its possible) Even after stretching the balloon may become too weak and pop

Still i have tried them and they are fun, and they sell out at the Walmart i have been going to, it seems everyone there loves big balloons

So how may you find it at your local Walmart?

Its more of a hit and miss ill explain

While the typical Walmart party section has three aisles with the standard 12 inch loons.

The one with the 36 inch loons have a more expanded gift/party sections look for at least 4-5 aisles, and the balloons will not be group together with the standard cheap 12's they will sometimes be in a section with themed part items, such as Baby Shower/Frozen/Spiderman, and will be mixed in.

Fun facts-They also sell 15 inch Mickey Mouse ear loons (just like the ones from disney but only black) made by.... Pioneer Worldwide (The company that owns Qualatex).
                        Most of the 12 inch loons from walmart are Party Mate/ Blue Bird (budget brands from Pioneer National Latex Corp)

Comment

• Chip67
                          • Dec 2019

Hello, My Fellow Non-Poppers,

I have recently purchased from Walmart quite a few bags of Unique Industries 36" Latex balloons each bag comes in a quantity of 6 pieces. I had visited my local Walmart Super Store to look for the Unique 36" Balloon but sadly they are only available online.

My favorite way of inflation is Helium !!!!! The 36 inches are huge much bigger then Qualatex 36" The price is $12.99 for 6, not bad. Buy them and try them.

Happy Inflations,

Chip

Comment

• dell3231
                            • Jul 2021

I just got 6 of those 36 inchers and will be testing 1 or 2 to see if they can hold my weight. I bet they will be able to do it since it is likely sturdy.
                            Last edited by dell3231; 08-02-2022, 23:16.

Comment

• RubberTech
                              • Jan 2022

Walmart.com currently has a 6 pack of white 36" Unique balloons for $9.99. Seems hard to go wrong at this price if they really are made by Unique.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎