Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Equui-Nox
    • Nov 2017

Forum Request

Is it possible to make a new section explicitly for sharing real life stories and backstories as to how you became a looner?

I was trying to sort through the Looner Literature for stories from people's childhood/past/how they became a looner, and although the search function is...okay, a section devoted to real stories, would be great. Or subdivide the Looner Literature section into Fiction, and Non-Fiction.

Just a suggestion. ^^;
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Re: Forum Request

The trouble with that is, if you want to separate them, how do you judge which stories are fiction and nonfiction? It would be better for people to just put [non-fiction] or [fiction] in the title or something. In fetish forums people often write "non-fiction" stories that are clearly fictional, as the main reason people write stories online is to express fantasies. I'm not sure if trying to keep them separate is possible, and when you have a forum like this that's already low activity, splitting things into overly granular categories dilutes the activity further. It just ends up being one more link people need to click. As it is, the majority of participation is confined to the "balloon fetish discussion" subforum, so dividing the volume of story content into two categories might hurt participation. It's the same phenomenon that happens with reddit sometimes, someone gets the idea to split a subreddit into two, and either the 2nd one never takes off because people keep using the 1st, or the userbase is divided and both subs end up being a worse version of the original.

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Don’t think the literature forum needs splitting as such, you could simply put a tag into the title to differentiate between, fiction, non fiction, RP, or factual events for example. As is though there’s some really good reading stuff here.....

Comment

• RainbowYarn
        • Jan 2020

One thing that would be useful is people adding things like m/m m/f into their post titles so that everyone knows the sexes of the characters involved. If nor that, then perhaps categories for straight, gay, les etc.

Comment

• Balloondad
          • Jan 2021

I agree with RainbowYarn - it would really improve profiles if there was the option of stating your sexuality category such as Straight, Gay, Trans, etc., or M4F, M4M, F4F, etc.,

Comment

• Equui-Nox
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
            The trouble with that is, if you want to separate them, how do you judge which stories are fiction and nonfiction?
            The whole premise is just to separate stories like Cuteballoon's stories about how he became a looner, and other stories about past life experiences that people post, into a [Non-Fiction] section. Sure, some stories people profess to be "true" may or may not be true, but at least it helps sort stories out, to have a subsection for [Fiction] and [Non-Fiction].

Plus, there are a lot of posts in the Looner Literature section that are not stories, like "Hey what should my next story be about?" So what I would propose is something like:
            >Looner Literature (main section)
            [General discourse related to stories goes here]
            >>Non-Fiction (sub-section)
            >[Real or Debateably Real life stories and encounters go here]
            >>Fiction (sub-section)
            >[Stories that are definitely written to be fictional go here]

It just makes it easier to find posts in the Looner Literature section, when I can go "Oh, hey, I remember this was under Fiction." vs "Let me browse through the ever-increasing pages to find that one story from awhile ago, but I can't remember..."

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎