Is it hard for you to discard old balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Is it hard for you to discard old balloons?

My original balloon is very tiny, now - but it does still have some air in it.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Other
    0%
  • bubblesNdragons
    • Oct 2019

Re: Is it hard for you to discard old balloons?

Somewhat. For balloons I took home from parties or such, it's pretty easy for me to toss them, For balloons I bought for myself, I don't really toss them unless they're popped or have a significant thin spot.
    *notices bulge*

Comment

• nortek
      • May 2019

So fucking true. I'm like you, and I must say balloons tends to accumulate. And unfortunately even unblown they can't last forever

Comment

• Danniballoon
        • Mar 2018

I had a bag of old soft 3 foot Chinese ones that were really nice to ride. I went to get them the other day and they'd all stuck together in a sticky mess. Totally ruined & I had to throw them all away :-(

Comment

• AlexisLoon
          • Feb 2020

Anything that I filled with air and played with I have no problem getting rid of, but I always tend to struggle getting rid of helium balloons, even after they've lost their float. I try to "transfer" some of that remaining helium into others to keep them alive longer and I still tend to hold on to that deflated one a lot longer than others. But even then I still struggle when their drooping low and almost out, I guess I just have too fond memories of when they were floating...

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

Yeah, balloons tend to accumulate around here and it's always a struggle to thin them out. Most 17's, 24's and punchballs I can cycle through without a problem because I have so many of them and keep the thought in mind that the uninflated ones will eventually go bad if I leave them stored for too long.
            Helium balloons are allowed to survive until they no longer float. Full stop.
            Rare balloons and giants tend to be the hardest to deflate and discard.
            Any balloons "rescued", promotional balloons or balloons blown up by someone else stay until they deflate on their own.

Comment

• Loonyguy2020
              • Mar 2020

Yes,but...

I like to collect them from stores (advertising ones)
              I like to keep the ones I received from contacts even quite long time ago.
              Once blown and if not popped ... I keep them for another "session".
              If they are wrinkled after deflation, they can be given a second life with heating via hot air from a hair dryer.
              So ... keeping them beyond a year is not cool.
              I just threw a shoe box full of rotten ones ... wasteful

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Small ones go in the bin, big ones I keep the shards if they’ve popped and a friend makes floggers and cat o nine tails out of them

Comment

• ugurano
                  • Jan 2017

im cleaning old ballons

Comment

• Loon119
                    • Jun 2018

I tend not to get rid of balloons really I let them go down naturally. Although sometimes the wife will decide to burst several of my old balloons so thats usually very enjoyable

Comment

• marja

For me it is difficult to throw away old balloons. With old balloons, I mean balloons I bought years and years ago. Some are very rare and I just have a few (or one) and that's the reason I didn't use them. Safe them for a special occasion, or for the moment I have more time to play with them. But that moment never comes and the balloons get old and there quality decreases. So I do have to throw away a big part of my collection. But I don't want to...

Comment

• MichaelLoona
                        • Apr 2020

I'm not sure if I really have a hard time with throwing away my old balloons, I just don't do it that often. I just like to keep them around as long as I can and I'm talking about the ones that are blown up, but of course it does come to a point in time that I do have to discard them. As far as my stash goes, I rarely throw any away unless its super obvious that they are garbage. So after reading what I just wrote, I guess I do have a hard time with it after all lol.

Comment

• numpty1
                          • Apr 2020

I am new here so hello everyone.
                          I find it hard to discard balloons even when they have burst, unless they are the small 12" type. The balloons I save I glue together and make Frankenstein balloons from them. My most recent is from a doll balloon that burst way too early, I am using the neck section and have created a very stretchable 18-20" balloon from it. Lock down prevents me from trying it out. In the past I have glued 36" rounds to the end of a GL500, that was amazing.
                          I use copydex glue it works well. Anyone else do the same?

Comment

• wickj9698
                            • May 2020

Please describe it briefly

Comment

• Ryan556
                              • Sep 2016

For me its a yes and a no. Usually I keep all my balloons but recently I finally went through my collection from over the past 5 years and had to throw some out as they had developed defects or holes from sitting for so long. It was hard getting the courage to throw away some of the balloons since I have memories attached to them but in the end it felt good so have more room in my stache since im ordering more in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎