Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuTeKh
    • Sep 2018

Weakspots/defects with tuftex 17's

Anybody know if there are any common weakspots or defects with the tuftex 17 inch balloons? I bought a bag of 72 and most of them appeared to have some odd looking spots in them almost like a clear round spot the size of a pin that slightly grew while inflating them. Not sure if its normal or a defect/weakspot in the latex. They didnt smell funny or smell like old stretched rubber. Thank you for any input
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Weakspots/defects with tuftex 17's

I had the same in pastel colors, but all went as well although I don't know if I were lucky.
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

I would say it is unlikely to be a problem. Tuftex's have a reputation for aging fast, but you'd know and they'e gotten better in recent years, anyway.

Although they shouldn't have bubbles like that, if they are barely changing size upon inflation, then I'd say they're probably safe. They are thicker latex than Uniques.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

Personally, the issue/defect you are describing is something I definitely WOULD count as an issue, and as a strict non-popper, I wouldn't risk knowingly inflating a balloon, that could pop because of a defect or potential defect I'd already spotted.

I had a batch of old Qualatex balloons recently, that I used, and two (out of the pack of five) had defects. I didn't use them, and reported the defect to the person I bought them from, and they're replacing them for me.

Poppers may have done differently. Each to their own. But a defect is a defect - no matter how minor. When it comes to balloons, I don't want to risk any premature popping, if I can knowingly avoid it. To misquote the Pringles crisps/chips ads "Once you pop, you can't stop"! Once the balloon has popped, there's nothing you can do to fix it.

Comment

• SuTeKh
          • Sep 2018

No doubt so far they seem to be no issue. Most of which had those spots ive inflated to roughly 18 inchs nice and tight and even played with them for a little while and they held up nicely! My only worry about those spot is because i had a 16 inch punch balloon that i blew up to 16 inches it was pretty tight but it had one of those spots in it and i just barely touched it and it popped and being a nonpopper i jumped thru my skin as well because when it went bang it snapped back and slapped me in my ribs hurt alot and left a nice black and blue mark for a few weeks.

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

With TufTex 17's, I've noticed the abnormality that you describe mostly in the pink ones. I've never had one pop with that particular blemish so I'm not sure I'd even call it a defect or flaw.
            It does make a person nervous...especially if you're a non-popper.
            The only times I've experienced pops with a new bag of TufTex is if they've been left in the sun or a hot vehicle or if they're old.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎