• PBK
        • Mar 2019

Re: Blow up dolls!!

That's the one!

Comment

• Inflatablefun82
          • Mar 2016

They were form 2012...little to no chance of getting one unfortunately....

Comment

• Inflatablefun82
            • Mar 2016

This might be of interest
            Attached Files

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Inflatablefun82
              They were form 2012...little to no chance of getting one unfortunately....
              Yep. One of those "limited run" things that you need to get while the getting's good. It's like the Sevylor or pre-phthalate ban Intex Wet Set 48" Beach balls....if I knew back when they were readily available that they'd be discontinued in the future I'd have loaded up on as many as humanly possible. I'm a bit of a hoarder that way.
              Oh well. Hindsight and all that good stuff.
              Maybe one day that special time travelling DeLorean will be invented.

Comment

• Inflatablefun82
                • Mar 2016

PBK, I have these coming next week
                Attached Files

Comment

• Inflatablefun82
                  • Mar 2016

And
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                    • May 2017

Interesting to look at others turn ons for curiosity, but for me they do absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by PBK
                    It's like the Sevylor or pre-phthalate ban Intex Wet Set 48" Beach balls....if I knew back when they were readily available that they'd be discontinued in the future I'd have loaded up on as many as humanly possible. I
                    Phthalates may not be used anymore, but have noticed over the last year or two that some PVC inflatables may use a mix of latex, or the chemical they would use for latex balloons for creating that same sort of softness. I inflated one of my blow up 40 inch pickles yesterday, and while clawing my hand into the plastic, noticed it felt very much like a balloon, and realised that this may be a possibility. So would be interested if others have noticed this? Maybe this has been more noticable with blow up dolles?

Comment

• npratt
                      • Jul 2016

Looks kinda like Gort the robot from "The Day The Earth Stood Still"
                      "Gort... Klaatu Barata Nikto"

Comment

• BalloonBounce
                        • Mar 2019

Yeah, thanks for the memories - i had a bunch of those in the 90s-2000s. Love the big inflatable vinyl tits

Comment

• heaviest
                          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
                          Phthalates may not be used anymore, but have noticed over the last year or two that some PVC inflatables may use a mix of latex, or the chemical they would use for latex balloons for creating that same sort of softness. I inflated one of my blow up 40 inch pickles yesterday, and while clawing my hand into the plastic, noticed it felt very much like a balloon
                          I don't know anything about the materials, but Intex 36 inch swim rings, the ones with transparent tops with a print on them, seem more stretchy than they used to. And they're pretty thin. They stretch so much and so quickly that they aren't very useful even in the pool for moderately heavy adults. When they get off the ring they've gotten so soft people think they've popped them.

When you've got some weight on them they feel and sound like a balloon. And once they stretch out they'll mostly recover but they'll stretch again even more quickly than new. Maybe that means something to someone who knows something about the materials. They're in stores now for $4 if I recall. I got a bunch of them in a BOGO sale.
                          Last edited by heaviest; 05-07-2019, 17:03.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
                            Interesting to look at others turn ons for curiosity, but for me they do absolutely nothing.

Phthalates may not be used anymore, but have noticed over the last year or two that some PVC inflatables may use a mix of latex, or the chemical they would use for latex balloons for creating that same sort of softness. I inflated one of my blow up 40 inch pickles yesterday, and while clawing my hand into the plastic, noticed it felt very much like a balloon, and realised that this may be a possibility. So would be interested if others have noticed this? Maybe this has been more noticable with blow up dolles?
                            I doubt they use any sort of latex, as it's an entirely different material from vinyl. However, there are newer, non-toxic plasticizers in use. I'm not sure if it's the same one that manufacturers use, but ATBC can be manually added to inflatables to make them softer and stretchier, and generally more balloon-like. You can get it from Amazon and other sources in the form of Sculpey clay softener, and then just pour it into the inflatable through the inflation valve, spread it around the inside by rubbing the layers of the inflatable together from the outside, and let it dry until you don't feel the oily consistency between the layers any more. Two or three ounces is enough to have a significant impact on a black Intex whale, and it should work on pretty much every inflatable.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by OverTheTop
                              I doubt they use any sort of latex, as it's an entirely different material from vinyl. However, there are newer, non-toxic plasticizers in use. I'm not sure if it's the same one that manufacturers use, but ATBC can be manually added to inflatables to make them softer and stretchier, and generally more balloon-like. You can get it from Amazon and other sources in the form of Sculpey clay softener, and then just pour it into the inflatable through the inflation valve, spread it around the inside by rubbing the layers of the inflatable together from the outside, and let it dry until you don't feel the oily consistency between the layers any more. Two or three ounces is enough to have a significant impact on a black Intex whale, and it should work on pretty much every inflatable.
                              Sorry for the confusion, I'm not really talking about substances that can be added "after" manufacturing / purchase, though no doubt that would work wonders for others on here. I was more curious if anyone knew what the actual plastisizer they used for creating this texture; this is always the hurdle when putting together a brief for a custom job.

First the language barrier as most of the manufacturers are chinese, and then trying to describe the texture of the material. The complicated issue to this as looners we know what we're talking about, but to the vast amount of people out there, plastics are plastics, and to most people thick canvassy crap feels the same as soft balloony latexy kind of PVC.

I guess in future when asking for a brief from a chinese factory, I'll have to try and stipulate the "balloony - latexy" feel, though not sure how that's going to translate into their native tongue.

What's interesting is that these 40 inch inflatable pickles (bought from rhode island novelty) is that the plastic is very thin, yet strong, as I think the one pickle I've inflated has now grown to around 44 inches. Remembering these things have a concave side on their front, I'm really surprised that they haven't sprung a leak yet. Asking what factory rhode island got these manufactured from is a lost cause as they don't give out that info.

Comment

• ShinyW
                                • Jul 2019

Gee. This looks like it would be fun. Gotta get back on the inflatable pvc doll forum.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎