24 inch party city loons or 36 inch walmart?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuTeKh
    • Sep 2018

24 inch party city loons or 36 inch walmart?

Just looking to get some other opinions of which is liked better. I have ridden the walmart 36'ers and they are great! Never tried the 24 party city loons besides other then just inflating them. Do they make a good ride or are the walmart loons the better choice?
  • emmanuelle
    • Oct 2018

Re: 24 inch party city loons or 36 inch walmart?

Where in Walmart are you finding 36-inch balloons? (I mean which department)

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
      • Mar 2016

The party section has them, and they’re AMAZING.

Comment

• SuTeKh
        • Sep 2018

Oh yeah!!! I was so happy to see that walmart sells em. I believe they are tuftex loons. They are great quality and my personal favorites are the black ones they are very strong and look awesome at rated size

Comment

• ubuntuUser
          • Oct 2017

I had a 36" Walmart one recently and absolutely loved it. I had previously played with the 24" Party City ones and while good, they were nothing like the walmart ones, IMO

Comment

• Honeychan
            • Nov 2018

Walmart?? Really?? I haven’t looked for balloons there in AGES. I’ve gotten used to specialized party stores, if I desire something bigger than usual. Thanks for the tip, I’ll go there in the next day to see for myself. I’ll report my personal findings when I can.

Comment

• WannabePopper
              • Oct 2018

From what I can tell from the Walmart website, the 36" balloons they are now selling are the ones that Party City USED to sell. They are by Unique, and it seems they are now a bit more expensive at Walmart -but still a great deal.

I have had great experiences with both the 24" and 36" balloons in question. They are both super tough and are exceptional value for money.

As a side note - there was a very interesting customer review of the 36" balloons on the Walmart website. The person mentions how everyone at their party wanted to sit on them! They mention that the balloons held up to the weight of a 200lb adult sitting on them.

I'm not 200lbs, but as I nervous popper, even I would not sit with full weight on these balloons. They also say they can get to 48" in size, and again I am skeptical.

Still, awesome balloons.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
                • Mar 2016

Yeah, I just bought the Unique ones and am waiting for them for pickup. But the party section also has different single packs of balloons.

Comment

• Steve_inflator
                  • Aug 2013

All this talk of Walmart's and Party City's big balloons makes me wish that we had those retailers and their products here in Australia!

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Steve_inflator
                    All this talk of Walmart's and Party City's big balloons makes me wish that we had those retailers and their products here in Australia!
                    The Walmart 36" ones are just Unique 36", and the Party City 24" are Amscan 24". You might be able to get them from a different reseller.

Comment

• Lucej
                      • Nov 2018

As a side note on the Walmart 36 inch balloons. They are the standard round shape, no necks and pretty thick latex. However if you buy Walmart’s “gender reveal kit” it comes with a 36 inch black balloon that is entirely different. Instead of the round, sphereical shape it blows up similar to a cattex long neck 32. It’s pre-inflated size is much larger than the others, making for a softer, more squishy feel when inflated. The latex is thin but incredibly strong. When inflated and stretched over multiple uses these balloons blow up way past rated size and can still take the abuse of a 200 pound man sitting on it and tugging at it’s huge neck. Definitely recommended.

Comment

• Loveinloons
                        • Nov 2018

Hi i got some walwart 36inch and i am 250lbs and i can sit on them with no issue and thats on the floor not a bed

Comment

• frankfrank
                          Empathetic Harmonizer
                          • Feb 2018

I've never found the 36-inch balloons at Walmart, and I've been to a lot of them over the years. I always assumed they're somewhere near their almost-endless supply of 12-inch packaged balloons, am I right about this at all?
                          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• npratt
                            • Jul 2016

At the Walmart I usually go to, the bigger 17" and 36" balloons are not with the garden variety 9" and 12"
                            balloons; they are in another aisle in the party supplies area.
                            They used to have long "Happy Birthday" banner balloons, but I guess nobody but me bought them, don't see them anymore.

Comment

• PBK
                              • Mar 2019

I wish the Walmarts up here in Canada carried the 36" balloons I see at the Walmarts in the US. We have a limited selection of 17's (still not sure who makes them. Bag says Product of the USA so I'm guessing BSA based on their color tones). When I was in Florida recently I cleaned the Kissimmee Walmarts right out of their 17s (that was me. Sorry) and bought a bunch of the 36's.
                              I haven't seen the Happy Birthday banners in AGES. I think Unique used to make them in Mexico. I used to see them at our dollar stores as well as Walmart but not in about 10 years at any store I've been in to. We have 4 foot made in China smiley faced balloons in our dollar stores that are of remarkably good quality for a dollar store made in China balloon so I guess that offsets things a bit. They hold my weight when riding (200 lbs).

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎