Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

HUGE inflatable penguins from Aldi

Hey all, I was doing some of my shopping yesterday at the German supermarket Aldi in Sydney, was getting some Bread Rolls and Chicken Kiev for making Chicken burgers for dinner, when suddenly these cropped up on my left side.

Well, as one knows with a looner, the impulse was racing to rip one open for checking the type of PVC material used.

Okay, a little thick, but wow gees, very, very, nice and squeeky, and those wings for some reason seem to be made of a thinner somewhat transparency gold plastic. So a few mild erections fired off from feeling the plastic, I was in somewhat of a dilemma.

I wanted to get a few of these, but being 1 metre wide and 2 metres long, they would have been somewhat unwieldy for my small unit. This is particularly as I'm renting, with real estates poking their grubby nose into my privacy every four months.

May still go ahead and get a number of these, for when I get my own unit one day. Thankfully I've got a garage were I can hide my stashes. These are too good to miss out on.

Anyway check out the pics, just wanted to give a firm thumbs up for these.

• Steve_inflator
    • Aug 2013

Re: HUGE inflatable penguins from Aldi

How much each do they cost?

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
      • May 2017

From memory they were either AU$16.99 or AU$18.99. Been busy with work, do want to go back and get some, will let you know the right price soon.

Comment

• Penny
        • Nov 2017

Ooo I'll have to go past my local Aldi in Sydney and pick one up, I've been wanting g to take some videos with some big inflatables so this may do the trick!

Comment

• infl8doz
          • Sep 2017

Heads up .. this Saturday they have novelty inflatables for sale.

Cactus has some possibly cup holders that could be good if the vinyl is soft.

They've had quite a few for sale in past few weeks.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
            • May 2017

Thanks for the heads up, just quickly checked the website, unfortunately none of those do anything for me. Plastic looks more like canvas, and the shapes are not all that interesting.

Dang, went last week to go and buy some of those penguins and wow, they were all gone. that was very, very quick. Really have to buy these things when you see them. managing a house hold budget kind of makes one reluctant to always buy things at an instant.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
              • May 2017

Just a quick follow up, passed aldi today and opened some of the boxes, and can confirm that all the inflatables are made of the same canvas used for camping tents and so forth. Again rather disappointing. Took some pickies for others to check out.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎