Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ Looner
    • Apr 2020

Climb-in Balloon chat. (CIB)

A year ago I got my first CIB (climb in balloon) and I love the play. So I would love to hear everyone's stories about climb in balloons. (CIB = Climb In Balloon). Whether it's good, bad, dreams, fantasy's or whatever.

For me this is more something relaxing and fun, that I hope my wife will join me with some day, we are slowly working on that. I don't have a particular fondness for the balloon itself but more the act of play and fun. I like both being in it partially up to my waist, having one on each leg slowly inflating, and having all the air vacuumed out with just my head out. If you've seen my other posts I even put an inflatable chair in the balloon with me sometimes then remove the air.

Can't wait to hear your stories and thoughts.
    DJ 🎈
    Attached Files
  • DJ Looner
    • Apr 2020

Re: Climb-in Balloon chat. (CIB)

Thought of something else I want to try, but it would take time and help. I have time but not help, so if anyone else wants to try give it a go. Climb in the balloon then fill with as many smaller balloons as possible. (Which others have done.) Then the fun part have someone vacuum out the remaining air... with your head out of the balloon of course. I'm curious as to if the vacuuming would just squeeze everything tight or would it suction around all the smaller balloons and look like a cloud of balloons held tight together?

Comment

• DJ Looner
      • Apr 2020

Oh yeah Bubble XL just got in a new supply of climb-in balloons. Their climb-ins are awesome. Well worth the money I have been in mine at least a dozen or more times. Every once in a while I toss it in the dryer to bring it back to like new.

Comment

• stormbubble
        • Nov 2017

climb-in balloons are awesome! Yes, i've done that several times- it squeezes around the balloons and looks really cool, a cloud as you say. I need some more ideas on what to do after filling it with balloons and doing that...i usually get bored and climb out- which is also a struggle.

Any other ideas on activities to do? I have filled it with larger balloons and also smaller ones....wondered if I should try to get a lot of small balloons, would take much longer to fill. like 12 inch or smaller.

Comment

• DJ Looner
          • Apr 2020

Stormbubble what size balloons did you fill it with? I would imagine too that the final shape when the air is vacuumed out would depend on how tight the smaller balloons were inflated. Less air they would form more of the outer shape. I've seen people get completely inside and vacuum air out but thats not my plan. I like just sitting in it watching TV/movies. Not sure how this would work for that. The inflatable chair I have works great but it's a bit of work to get that all set up.

Comment

• stormbubble
            • Nov 2017

normally 12 inch or 17 inch. I have some I think 8 or 10 inch that look like 12 inch I am going to try next. I need some other ideas! I sort of like your chair idea, but yes that is right- it takes a lot of prep. I guess I like the challenge of it, getting in and out. I do fill it up with me inside and suck the air out and put it back in. By then i'm tired or ready for fresh air.

Comment

• DJ Looner
              • Apr 2020

That's what I like about the chair but make sure to put a balloon or rubber ball between your feet or when you vacuum the air out you may get a nasty cramp in your foot. I like the ball because it works as a good seal for the opening too. And if you position yourself and the opening in the right place it's nice and relaxing. Would be way more fun if my wife would play along.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                • Apr 2020

Also if you can find this chair I have, roll it into a long cylinder, so it's easier to get thru the climb in balloon neck. Also the bubble xl balloons work great because of the extra wide neck.

Comment

• stormbubble
                  • Nov 2017

Do you ever inflate any larger balloons inside? What else have you filled it with or should I try? thanks!

Comment

• DJ Looner
                    • Apr 2020

This is a picture of the chair inflated inside the balloon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• DJ Looner
                      • Apr 2020

Here are a few pics my CIBs inflated and deflated. The one picture shows the clear CIB before it was inflated, laying on a blue CIB that has been inflated several times. And another picture of the clear one after it was inflated and left tied off for a bit to pre stretch it against that same blue CIB. Very important to prestretch these things including the neck, even though they are the wide neck ones.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DJ Looner
                        • Apr 2020

If anyone else has pictures of things they do with climb in balloons please post them here.
                        I was just chatting with my favorite CIB manufacturer and they have clients that use the Balloons as chairs. How fun is that.

Comment

• globos&bears
                          • Jun 2019

CIBs are so fun stuff. I have some latex glue and I did a giant donut with one of them. Is easy to stay floating on it. I never used one of my CIB as a chair, I prefer those big yoga or pilates balls.

Comment

• bfinch2000
                            • Feb 2020

i've never tried it, but i've always been curious to know what it's like to be completely inside a balloon. it would be cool to blow some more up inside and play with them in there.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                              • Apr 2020

It's kinda cool once you finally get it filled. At first I was hesitant to get all the way in, but there was no resisting once it was actually filled and I was in to my neck. It is way easier to get in feet first so you can stay in control of the inflator to keep it filled. I use a matress pump that I have added a rubber hose extension on. I heated the end of the hose up in boiling water to make it softer then fit it over the end of the pump and taped it in place once dry. I also used a latex safe lube on the balloon neck and my shoulders to make it a bit easier. And i put a rubber ball inside the balloon to plug the opening once I got inside. It's very important to warm the balloon in the clothes dryer before you inflate it and to pre inflate it to at least 5 ft to stretch the balloon out. I like to stretch the neck opening a bit too just to make it more comfortable. And then have someone else around to help you in case you get stuck. I hope you get a chance someday. Don't buy the cheap ones get one from BubbleXL.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎