Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ Looner
    • Apr 2020

Re: Climb-in Balloon chat. (CIB)

I have been given the task of creating a balloon chair. The goal is to fill a Climb In Balloon with other smaller balloons, then vacuum the air out of the CIB and manipulate the smaller balloons into a chair shape. Seat backrest arm rests. I think that if I can get my wife to sit in it while I form it and vacuum the air out, it might hold it's shape long enough. I might try to get one larger ballin like a 36" for the cushion. Anyone else want to try to make anything?

Comment

• DJ Looner
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by stormbubble
      Do you ever inflate any larger balloons inside? What else have you filled it with or should I try? thanks!
      I was just challenged by the company I get my climb-in balloons from to create a chair with balloons vs putting the Intex chair I have in the CIB. This is the result!

I think a couple more 24" in the front would have looked better. Those were just 12's. I put the 24inch in the neck of the CIB and inflated them and tied them off, it gets hard the more you add I should have just got inside and brought small airline from my large aquarium Pump with. Then you have to get in at some point and position the balloons as you let some air out. The friction of the balloons against each other will hold them in place.
      Then I sat on it to help keep the form of a chair and used the vacuum feature of that same pump to remove all the air from the CIB locking everything in place. Again the seal between the neck of the CIB and that 24in keeps the air from sneaking back inside.

Well good luck
      DJ🎈
      Attached Files

Comment

• stormbubble
        • Nov 2017

Oh yeah i've done that, climbed out and deflated it with the balloons inside...it's very bouncy. I normally fill it up with balloons anyways with me inside....i've been trying to think of what else or what different balloons to use....normally i use 12 or 16 inch.

Comment

• DJ Looner
          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by stormbubble
          Oh yeah i've done that, climbed out and deflated it with the balloons inside...it's very bouncy. I normally fill it up with balloons anyways with me inside....i've been trying to think of what else or what different balloons to use....normally i use 12 or 16 inch.
          I had some Tuftex 24" that I used for the chair laying around and this weekend I got in my cib and inflated 5 of the 24" balloons. Had 6 one popped when I tried to move . Guess it was too full. Then I vacuumed out all the air. I like your idea with the smaller balloons. Did you ever try that?

Comment

• BigBreathless
            • Jun 2017

Has anyone ever taken a GL balloon and put it inside a climb in? I imagine you can hug it tightly and have the climb in vacuumed against your body for maximum pleasure

Comment

• stormbubble
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by BigBreathless
              Has anyone ever taken a GL balloon and put it inside a climb in? I imagine you can hug it tightly and have the climb in vacuumed against your body for maximum pleasure
              Would there be enough room for that? would it pop the climb in?

Comment

• DJ Looner
                • Apr 2020

I'm sure you could with the ones I use. I've already blown up additional climb in balloons inside another one with me in it. I actually wish that they would make a climb in balloon like the GL styles. That would be fun.

Comment

• stormbubble
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by DJ Looner
                  I'm sure you could with the ones I use. I've already blown up additional climb in balloons inside another one with me in it. I actually wish that they would make a climb in balloon like the GL styles. That would be fun.
                  I think you would be able to lay down in it more comfortable for sure!

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                    • Dec 2020

Can these balloons be used as normal balloons, like tying them of and playing with them

Comment

• DJ Looner
                      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by gerbil366@outlook.com
                      Can these balloons be used as normal balloons, like tying them off and playing with them
                      You would likely need a balloon clip. Because they are specifically climb in balloons the necks are short and wide and they are really thick latex. I use a rubber ball to plug the opening but I imagine it would pop out under too much pressure. But check out Bubble XL they have some huge balloons that are meant to be tied off with smaller necks.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                        • Apr 2020

So it's been a while since I've had my climbing balloon inflated. The air mattress air pump I use to inflate it is a bit loud and it bothers my wife ears, which is why it only comes out once in a while. Lately I've really wanted to find a new idea on how to use it. I personally find it most enjoyable to just sit in it with my head thru the opening and suck all the air out. Much like the trash bag vacuum challenge. But then I found an inflatable chair that's listed above and that was fun sitting in that and vacuuming all the air out. I've also inflated 16" and 24"and another CIB inside and removed the air the two layers or latex pressed so tightly together tends to tear one or both balloons when I let the air out. So what next??? I have been thinking that I will try to inflate some inner tube floats and stack them up While standing in the center of them. Then remove the air from the CIB. And I've also wanted to try to put an air mattress inside and lay that flat lay on it and remove the air. I imagine that the sides will roll up around me a bit? Maybe!

For those that like to ride and grind on balloons... Not my thing.... But I think you gals here that do and guys too may like the feeling of straddling a figure balloon, like a mouse, duck, heart or even your favorite inflatable inside a CIB and vacuuming the air out. The climb in balloon will hold you extremely tightly on top of the balloon you are riding.

Well now that you are daydreaming too let us know how that goes. Best climb in that I find are from bubblexl.com.

Comment

• randomlooner316
                          • Apr 2021

Haven't been able to do a climb in for years but want to SO bad. One of the few highlights of my life was once at a looner gathering I was able to do a climb in with model Catherine Foxx.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                            • Apr 2020

That would be fun, I'd love to be able to get my wife to join me or even get in on her own but she's too scared and not into the loud pump needed to fill it up.

Comment

• stormbubble
                              • Nov 2017

you still climbing in balloons DJ looner?

Comment

• DJ Looner
                                • Apr 2020

Yup, It's just fun to play, spend most of my time daydreaming what it would be like if my wife joined in. A couple weeks ago I split my black balloon in half while I was inside it, it ended up looking like a latex cape. I knew before I got inside it that I should have put it thru the dryer again to snap it back into shape but I didn't and it split. Everytime you have to put it thru the dryer if you want it to last. I had put a 24 inch balloon in with me and blew it up with the air out of the climb in and then vacuumed the rest of the air out. I felt like a statue holding a giant ball in my lap. Man if my wife was a looner and would have bounced on me then.....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎