Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smothered by tits
    • Mar 2019

Upgrading air pumps

I've been looking for some electric air pumps and i haven't found any that would work for me.
    Any suggestions?
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: Upgrading air pumps

Ideally, you should go for a Zibi inflator. Made in Switzerland and/or Germany, they are the top dogs of balloon pumps, and are the ones balloon decorators swear by...

...However, they come with a price tag. The standard single Zibi, costs about £150 Sterling new, though you may find them online for £70-£120, or secondhand too. They're excellent devices, and are designed for inflating all kinds of balloons from 11" upto weather balloons, and everything inbetween.

Failing that, there are plenty of other single nozzle, dual-nozzle, and ones with timers (so that all balloons will be the same size, each time you inflate them, as the device inflates the balloons by a pre-set amount of air), that are decent enough.

It also depends on how often you plan on using them, and when, and what you want them to do. If you're only an occasional user of the pumps, then go for something inexpensive - like this...

or if you fancy something a little bit more advanced, and with a timer, then this is good...

Both are relatively inexpensive, and both are items I own and use, so I can vouch for them. But do bear in mind, my other points. If you're going to use them a lot, or for more than an hour at a time, then they may not be suitable for you, and you should probably go for a Zibi instead.

All inflators get hot, and make noise, but some will also get hotter and be noisier than others. If you live alone, or with an understanding friend/partner/lover, then that may not be an issue.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
      • Mar 2019

Firstly Thanks for the info unfortunately im still living with my parents that are still in the dark about my extracurricular activities.

Secondly What is your opinion on this pump? https://www.thepondshop.com.au/produ...-o2-plus-4000/
      And finally none of the pumps that you linked me to ship to Australia.
      Last edited by Smothered by tits; 18-04-2019, 15:39.

Comment

• LoudPopper
        • Jan 2016

Whoa pump the breaks, friend... are you looking to do some professional level balloon inflating with your new pump? If not, and you're just looking to do some general "Looner-level" balloon inflating, there's really no need to spend ANYWHERE upwards of $100 USD (GBP) on a decent, dependable, and well-working electric balloon pump. Paying big money for that is for professional level inflating needs like:

1. Making sure the +2 loons you're inflating at the same time end up perfectly the same size (unnecessary unless you're looking to make pristine balloon columns or you're obsessive about uniform size),

2. Timing the inflation so it auto-shuts off at the correct air amount for your desired size (you can seriously eye-ball it and if you're playing w/ your loons probably want more control over whatever size you want your loons anyways),

3. ULTRA fast inflation or well controlled inflation to minimize accidental BTP's etc. (again, you can get a respectably fast pump for less than half the price, and just eye-ball it anyways and save money)

I paid something like $35 (mine is actually cheaper now than what I paid at the time) for my balloon pump nearly 4 years ago and it has never malfunctioned or met a loon it can't inflate. The version I have is: https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Ball...-2-spons&psc=1

Probably the exact model may not be available to your part of the world but it's a good example of what to look for w/ decent features. IMO the best brand for a fair price level is AGPtek. They're a standard entry-level brand in the balloon decorating industry so they're multi-functional and come w/ really handy features that you wouldn't think you'd appreciate. For an inflator that should just meet your basic looning needs, you shouldn't need to spend more than $25-$40 (convert to your currency of course).

Either way, a couple key features to make sure that you get a good pump is:

1. Decent Power Output
        Make sure it puts out AT LEAST 600W (watts) of power, preferably >680W or more, for a respectably fast inflation time. It'll handle >95% of all loons you put on it.

2. At least TWO air output nozzles
        Just search for "dual nozzle electric balloon pump". That way you can inflate more loons in less time. May seem like just double output of inflation, but time you save inflating 2 simultaneously seriously adds up w the more loons you inflate. You can seriously fill up and tie off 50 loons in 10 minutes w just a little practice.

3. More than 1 way to turn it on
        There are 2 inflation modes on mine: The right nozzle physically depresses, so by flipping the "ON" switch to the left, I can just press down on the right nozzle and inflate 2 balloons (1 on each nozzle) at once. Or I can flip the on switch to the right, and I get a steady air flow until I flip the switch to the middle position and back to "OFF".

4. Pump hooks to an electrical outlet
        Even if advertised at a certain wattage, battery powered pumps just generally tend to be plain old WEAK. I can't even inflate my U16's on the off-brand portable battery pump I bought. Waste of money!

I've had zero problems inflating any size balloon I put on it, from small and super-stiff (which it usually has a smaller nozzle for 11" balloons and below) to mega huge (GL700, Qtex 48", any 36" balloon, Cattex 32" and above). I don't usually play w/ anything round over 36" (48" on occasion) unless it's a Zepplin/Worker loon or a GL5/700 (67"-86" length x ~20"), and everything inflates just fine with power to spare. I've easily had no problem BTPing large/thick balloons on the inflator either (worse case scenario, just put cover the open nozzle with a free finger for extra air pressure), so no issues w/ air output strength.

I'd just peruse Amazon.com and enter in the search bar: "electric balloon pump dual nozzle". Then just switch the results filter to sort by price: low to high. As you'll see, there'll be PLENTY of options to choose from (and if you can't find the right electrical outlet configuration, either your regional settings on amazon should handle that problem, or just type that in the search bar along with your previous query the type of output configuration you need. Plus Amazon delivers world wide.

Anyways, good luck w/ your search. Hope you find what you need. But you seriously do not spend that much money on an inflator. Save that $$$ for more balloons! Or seriously anything else. I've been looning for nearly 25 years and was mostly relying on a camping inflatable matress pump for $20 for the longest. I really didn't know what I was missing out on just shelling out just a little more money. Now I can get to looning in less than half if not 1/3 the time before, and have 3-4x more loons than I would spending my time w/ a single nozzle generic pump.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
          • Mar 2019

Ok thank you for the information.

Comment

• LoudPopper
            • Jan 2016

Yup yup! Happy looning!

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
              • May 2017

I don't know if you're still living with your folks, I remember a wile ago on balloon buddies, someone shared a link of a pump that was funnily enough in the shape of a house cleaner fluid spray bottle. However it had a valve on the bottom for air pressure intake, and at the top where the spray part of a cleaning bottle, it instead had a nozzle, where you would hold your balloon. Most probably not as quick and easy as an electric balloon pump, but way way much more discrete, and for me, the time it takes to blow a balloon is not the issue, rather more just reducing the physical effort. You apparently hold the bottle handle one way as the pressure intake sucks up the air, then hold it down at the top to release. I wish I could find it back, would have liked to given it a go.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
                • Mar 2019

I'll just hold off on buying a pump.
                For now.
                I've been looking at getting a air compressor.
                And before LoudPopper freaks i also need it for work and other projects i got at home.
                And yes Joe im still living with my parents.

Comment

• LoudPopper
                  • Jan 2016

Well damn, Smothered, *clutches my pearls* didn't mean to come across as freaking out. Definitely not trying to come across as the resident blow-hard or something. I totally didn't mean to give you that impression, so my mistake if I did. However I must say that in my defense, I know you only been on here a month and some change, but it's pretty well known around these parts that my responses kinda have a bit of an off-beat humor and I tend to always write A LOT no matter what I'm talking about. It's just what I do. I totally try to respectful at all times. But I can see how it could be misconstrued as a rant or something.

I'll admit that I was shocked when I saw how much you were looking to pay for a pump when there were so many other options out there for way less. Just was trying to look out for ya. Maybe it was my usage of American colloquialisms or something could be conceived as dramatic or over-the-top (e.g., "pump your breaks" or "clutches pearls"-- both absurd and dramatic phrases, but ultimately playful), but trust that my long-ass post was only coming from a place of trying to be helpful. But the way you phrased your first question to the thread, it just came across to me that you were going into buying a pump "cold" w/o any prior info at all. (No way I woulda known you need the pump for other stuff.) Seeing that I just happened to know a a lot of stuff about pumps I just tried to share what I knew... albeit I wrote a damn novel in the process. So again, my mistake if it seemed like I freaked out.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
                    • Mar 2019

Haha its all right man no problem.
                    It's hard to tell someone's tone through the Internet.
                    Last edited by Smothered by tits; 19-04-2019, 16:42.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Smothered by tits
                      Firstly Thanks for the info unfortunately im still living with my parents that are still in the dark about my extracurricular activities.

Secondly What is your opinion on this pump? https://www.thepondshop.com.au/produ...-o2-plus-4000/
                      And finally none of the pumps that you linked me to ship to Australia.
                      Apologies that eBay won't ship to Australia. I wasn't aware that that was where you lived. Try looking on Amazon Australia, and other online stores/outlets that will ship to your country, and do as LoudPumper suggest - just type in "electric balloon pumps", and see what comes up.

As he says, you don't need to spend lots of money on a pump, and often spending less than $60 Australian, will still get you something pretty decent anyway.

In regards to the second question, I've never used that pump you wanted info on, but I would echo what LoudPumper says, and say that it's prohibitively expensive.

If I'm honest, any electric pump is not going to be conducive if you still live at home. There'll be the constant worry it'll get discovered by your folks, so if I'm honest, if I were you, I wouldn't risk buying one, unless you know you have somewhere you can keep it safe and away from prying eyes.

I know that's not ideal, but it's clear from your posts you're understandably concerned about being caught-out by your family, so if I were you, just don't risk buying anything that you can't easily hide or conceal. The risk (and toll on your emotions and mental health) just aren't worth the risk. I certainly never would've bought an electric pump whilst still living at home, and I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone does, unless they can hide it, or aren't going to be discovered.

It's really not something that's worth the risk to you. Just enjoy balloons without the electric pumps, and accept that your desire to have more and do more, isn't going to be easily possible whilst you're still living under the roof of your folks.

Your fetish should be something pleasurable, not something you spend time stressing over, for fear of being discovered or outed for.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
                        • Mar 2019

Na i don't overly stress about it. it sort of makes it fun to see how much i can get away with before i get caught.
                        My parents are very understanding so im not that worried.
                        Btw just call me tits from on.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2018

There's an eBay Australia, and plenty of balloon pumps available on it. Go to this link...

Find great deals on eBay for electric balloon pumps. Shop with confidence.

...and you should be able to find something suitable.

This one has two nozzles, and a timer, and is nearly the same as the one I have.

Enjoy!
                          Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 19-04-2019, 17:07.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
                            • Mar 2019

Yeah i look on there from time to time.
                            That's where my second problem comes into play i only have one week off of school left and the shipping would take too long and im at school three days a week.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Smothered by tits
                              Yeah i look on there from time to time.
                              That's where my second problem comes into play i only have one week off of school left and the shipping would take too long and im at school three days a week.
                              Can you not:
                              1) Order it mid-week whilst at school, so it (hopefully) arrives when you're at home?

2) Order it, and have it delivered to a friend, or family-member, or other address, and say it's a surprise birthday gift for one of your parents, and that's why you needed it to be delivered to somewhere else?

3) Order it, and whenever it arrives, say it's some school books you need? (Just make sure you have a small, heavy-ish pile of books to hand, that can be used to appear as if they're the ones that are coming.)

Unless someone opens your parcel, or makes you open it in front of them, then one of those should be an option.

Failing that, your best option, is just to go without. I really honestly do feel like if you order balloons and/or balloon-related equipment, it's going to cause you so much grief! You may just be better-off waiting and doing without the pump for now.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎