X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anttemp18
    • Nov 2019

Taking balloons from public giveaway

Hello,

So I always had this weakness for balloons giveaway at public places especially when being handed out. Ex: McD, fairs and food festivals. Do you resist your temptation so to keep it as secret when with your friends and families or you go ahead and grab one from them.

For me i prefer to take one without over thinking, however I end up usually giving it to an another kid on my way back home in transit, although with a very heavy heart. People with me probably don't judge much I guess, they might think I'm just bit childish.
  • MetroBalloon
    • Oct 2017

Re: Taking balloons from public giveaway

I take them when I can, though I do like to ask male employees if I can take some, or if they can blow up new ones. I'm kind of a loner, so I don't really go out with others, but on the times I have, I've always taken balloons (and gotten some for my male friends).

Comment

• Casey88
      lukmanrewa
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Anttemp18
      Hello,

So I always had this weakness for balloons giveaway at public places especially when being handed out. Ex: McD, fairs and food festivals. Do you resist your temptation so to keep it as secret when with your friends and families or you go ahead and grab one from them.

For me i prefer to take one without over thinking, however I end up usually giving it to an another kid on my way back home in transit, although with a very heavy heart. People with me probably don't judge much I guess, they might think I'm just bit childish.
      Good question. It is a tough situation and have experienced this few times. What I normally do is I will tell them I will be going to the toilet or pretend to take cash from ATM machine. When the situation is clear, I will nick a few balloons and head to the toilets for real to deflate them in the cubicle before I catch up back with my friends/family.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

In my opinion, as long as you ask before taking them, then I don't see a problem with anyone - young or old, taking balloon giveways.

I do it quite often, and if anyone asks why I want one, I just say it's for a niece or nephew, or a young member of my family. If the promoter/store, says I can't have a balloon, I just say "Thanks anyway", and then leave it.

Comment

• Slugamano
          • Jul 2016

There is a fairly new shopping center close to my place and there a new toy shop has opened. They handed out pink balloons with “Liliput toy shop” print. I asked for some balloons and they were happy to give them to me…

Comment

• lincy
            • Apr 2019

It was an interesting post to read.
            Helium Tank

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

Oh lots.
              I get nice printed jewel tones from my bank as well as McDonalds all the time.
              Any other time I get offered promotional balloons, blown up or not I always take them.

Comment

• Black_Hawk
                • Nov 2014

As a teenager I used to be super nervouse with asking for balloons. But today I'm completely relaxed with asking. A few close friends know about the fetish so even with them around I don't miss a chance.
                Lately (before Corona) I even started asking if I can a have a really big/tight one assuming that they would then fill a new one for me and I can watch. Of course I don't do that if the person is in my "target group" (in my case basically: male, under 40)

Comment

This is a complicated thing for me, see I'm very much an over-thinker so I get paranoid about grabbing balloons that are free or handed out in public because I feel ppl will judge a person in their mid 20's walking around with a balloon. I do wish that I didn't care so much about what I believe others think, because I know that in reality the majority of people are too busy to even notice things like that.

Comment

• srob2
                    • Dec 2017

I feel weird taking inflated balloons, especially if kids are around, but even if they are not.
                    But I have no problem grabbing a handful of uninflated balloons from a promotional basket.

Comment

• RLMI
                      • Jul 2021

I'm ok with it if it is a public giveaway like a restaurant or shopping centre.

I've taken nicely necked balloons from Pizza Hut and McDonald's. If the balloons are on a stand, I'd pick the newest and tightest.

Comment

• Casey88
                        lukmanrewa
                        • Jun 2012

I ALWAYS take a balloon or two over the weekend from those mall stores who has balloons on a stand. And I am a physically well built mid 30s aged man walking around alone.

I am sure few of the other employees from the nearby stores would notice me coming every week and walking back with some balloons but I dont give a f*** about it.

Comment

• Black_Hawk
                          • Nov 2014

@Casey88 if I was one of the exmployees I'd definitely notive a "physically well built mid 30s aged man" coming everey week
                          I myself don't care if people notice me coming more often the same place. I even had people mention it like "ah haven't you been here last week" or something... I don' care about that. I rather take it as a chance to say something like "yeah, that was me, I wonder if I can have a tighter one than last week"... works 95 % of the times

Comment

• robert.k
                            • Sep 2019

I have had a few occasions recently where I have seen balloons out in public locations. One in HMV and another in a library. They looked so nice, big and soft and had superhero prints on them. (I have looked far and wide to find the same ones) I normally get awkward and sort of circle around trying to act like my attention is not on them and working up the courage to grab one and walk off. HMV I tried to pull one-off and the security woman approached me and I awkwardly asked her if they had more of them. I'm not very good at containing my adrenaline when I'm trying to get them. The time in the library I approached them and asked if they had more and they didn't but said I could take one but I don't feel comfortable carrying it back through town. I thought about taking it into the toilet there but also I worry that someone would think it was weird. They looked amazing though to me and I felt gutted I couldn't get them. If anyone has come across these balloons and knows where to find them that would be amazing. They had various superhero logos printed on them and looked 16" or possibly bigger but also seemed very soft.

Comment

• Casey88
                              lukmanrewa
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Black_Hawk
                              @Casey88 if I was one of the exmployees I'd definitely notive a "physically well built mid 30s aged man" coming everey week
                              I myself don't care if people notice me coming more often the same place. I even had people mention it like "ah haven't you been here last week" or something... I don' care about that. I rather take it as a chance to say something like "yeah, that was me, I wonder if I can have a tighter one than last week"... works 95 % of the times
                              LOL will give it a try incase this happens

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍