Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBang123
    • Aug 2015

Biggest Balloon

I thought I could start a thread about your biggest balloons and what you do with them?

For example I have (at the time of writing) a purple Cattex 55" and I am using it as a chair at my desk to write this!
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Biggest Balloon

I have a few GL700s and a Cattex 39". I'm mostly just sitting and bouncing on them while inflating other balloons.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

My largest ones are definitely GL1200s, although I don't have any at the moment. When I get a chance I want to order 5 more :P

Comment

• Blustrkuk86
        • Jun 2015

the largest i've had is a 36inch and have used it as a chair when it's not overinflated, a gl 500 i have lied on top of one and nodded off lol oops

Comment

• Jkloon
          • Aug 2013

I recently got a 5.5 foot cloudbuster. I just payed on it and humped it while it deflated.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Biggest balloon... I'm going to have to say my biggest balloon is my solid white, 600 gram weather balloon. That baby blows up to a twenty foot diameter when fully inflated & flies to altitudes in excess of 120,000 feet. It truly is a space balloon. I've yet to inflate it because my house of course does not have twenty foot ceilings, lol! Second would be my vintage ML-541A/AM manufactured by the good people of the Kaysom corp. of Paterson, New Jersey. That one blows up to about 15 feet. Its one of the older natural latex weather balloons w that brownish/tan color. I also have 4 white 150 gram weather balloons (10'), 6 red 100 gram neoprene balloons (7'), as well as a red chloroprene 8 foot cloud buster. Funny story... I one day "pop proofed" my room by covering all the sharp stuff w bath towels, blankets and such & covered my carpet with a big giant quilt with hope of inflating my ML-541A/AM. It filled my ENTIRE room, literally, & it wasn't even close to being fully inflated! It was SO awesome being totally enveloped by such a big balloon. It took over thirty minutes just to deflate, lol! Of course I have my GL-1200's, my qualitex 36 inchers, round & heart shaped, but meteorological balloons are my fave. They go through a completely different manufacturing process and as a result they are always PERFECTLY spherical. I'm talking a flawless bubble. And they go through a rigorous testing /inspection process of multiple inflations before packaging. You will NEVER get a flawed weather balloon. They are extremely reliable. Neoprene is also tougher & more durable than natural latex as well as more impervious to gas. They have an all together different smell too. Very sweet and pleasant. ( though the set of 3 foot , red 30 gram weather balloons I bought off eBay, for whatever reason, smell like stinky gym socks, yuck!) It has a very sensual, supple feel too, almost like gelatin but they are tough stuff. AWW, CRAP! As I write this my dad just knocked on my door! My package from Nordic looners arrived & has apparently been crammed in the mail box all day!!! He just said through the door, " Denmark? What the hell is this!? It weighs like 10 pounds!" SHIT,SHIT,SHIT!!! If only he knew he was holding almost $200.00 worth of balloons!!!! Panic attack!!! Ok. I just told him to leave it outside my door...think,think,think! ...Why the hell didn't I request a box, dammit! Alright... I'll tell him I ordered a giant sonic the hedgehog wall tapestry with a landscape of the entire emerald hill zone...he'll buy that. God forgive me...but no harm in a little fib, wink, wink! I've gotta go...sorry for the long reply everyone

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
              Biggest balloon... I'm going to have to say my biggest balloon is my solid white, 600 gram weather balloon. That baby blows up to a twenty foot diameter when fully inflated & flies to altitudes in excess of 120,000 feet. It truly is a space balloon. I've yet to inflate it because my house of course does not have twenty foot ceilings, lol! Second would be my vintage ML-541A/AM manufactured by the good people of the Kaysom corp. of Paterson, New Jersey. That one blows up to about 15 feet. Its one of the older natural latex weather balloons w that brownish/tan color. I also have 4 white 150 gram weather balloons (10'), 6 red 100 gram neoprene balloons (7'), as well as a red chloroprene 8 foot cloud buster. Funny story... I one day "pop proofed" my room by covering all the sharp stuff w bath towels, blankets and such & covered my carpet with a big giant quilt with hope of inflating my ML-541A/AM. It filled my ENTIRE room, literally, & it wasn't even close to being fully inflated! It was SO awesome being totally enveloped by such a big balloon. It took over thirty minutes just to deflate, lol! Of course I have my GL-1200's, my qualitex 36 inchers, round & heart shaped, but meteorological balloons are my fave. They go through a completely different manufacturing process and as a result they are always PERFECTLY spherical. I'm talking a flawless bubble. And they go through a rigorous testing /inspection process of multiple inflations before packaging. You will NEVER get a flawed weather balloon. They are extremely reliable. Neoprene is also tougher & more durable than natural latex as well as more impervious to gas. They have an all together different smell too. Very sweet and pleasant. ( though the set of 3 foot , red 30 gram weather balloons I bought off eBay, for whatever reason, smell like stinky gym socks, yuck!) It has a very sensual, supple feel too, almost like gelatin but they are tough stuff. AWW, CRAP! As I write this my dad just knocked on my door! My package from Nordic looners arrived & has apparently been crammed in the mail box all day!!! He just said through the door, " Denmark? What the hell is this!? It weighs like 10 pounds!" SHIT,SHIT,SHIT!!! If only he knew he was holding almost $200.00 worth of balloons!!!! Panic attack!!! Ok. I just told him to leave it outside my door...think,think,think! ...Why the hell didn't I request a box, dammit! Alright... I'll tell him I ordered a giant sonic the hedgehog wall tapestry with a landscape of the entire emerald hill zone...he'll buy that. God forgive me...but no harm in a little fib, wink, wink! I've gotta go...sorry for the long reply everyone
              Well, then he'll ask to see said tapestry...

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                AWW, CRAP! As I write this my dad just knocked on my door! My package from Nordic looners arrived & has apparently been crammed in the mail box all day!!! He just said through the door, " Denmark? What the hell is this!? It weighs like 10 pounds!" SHIT,SHIT,SHIT!!! If only he knew he was holding almost $200.00 worth of balloons!!!! Panic attack!!! Ok. I just told him to leave it outside my door...think,think,think! ...Why the hell didn't I request a box, dammit! Alright... I'll tell him I ordered a giant sonic the hedgehog wall tapestry with a landscape of the entire emerald hill zone...he'll buy that. God forgive me...but no harm in a little fib, wink, wink! I've gotta go...sorry for the long reply everyone
                That is why I stocked up on balloons before moving back to my parents Now I just have to make them last until I get my own place, although I don't have much time to play with them anyway because of work.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lyckr
                  That is why I stocked up on balloons before moving back to my parents Now I just have to make them last until I get my own place, although I don't have much time to play with them anyway because of work.
                  I tend to order stuff in waves. If I'm ordering a bunch of computer parts, I'll also toss in an order of balloons - no one will notice one extra package among 6. Also, I make sure to order from places that ship predictably (quick shipping) and discreetly if there's a chance someone else may get to the mail before me.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Luckily when I told my Dad my little fib he was like, " Whatever... " Totally uninterested,lol! ...on another note...my pioneer brand, yellow 5.5 foot cloud buster balloons came in. I ordered two... I highly recommend them...beautiful balloons. Certainly a lot more manageable than my red 8 foot cloud buster...which just happens to be the height of my ceilings. Not quit an easy task to climb up upon that mother! I'm thinking with the 8 foot one I'm gonna have to be on it whilst inflating...maybe I'll try a laying position & see if I can reach the ceiling & touch it! I'm trying that tonight! Pray for me!!!!

Comment

• scuba
                      • Jan 2017

The biggest balloon in my collection right now is th Gl 1200. I take it whit me out to a local lake and inflate it to obout half it´s size. Then I step ower the middle part of it and wade slowly out into the water. As the water gets deeper the part I sit on gets almost defflated and both ends inflate more. It gives me a good ballance and I´m able to float whit my legs dangling on each side of the balloon. It´s realy nice and soft to sit on and quite wide. I love the feeling of being lifted by balloons and since helium is so expensive this is a good supstitute.

Comment

• Ryan556
                        • Sep 2016

hmm out of my current collection my biggest balloons are 2 gl 700's and a 47in pastel which I have not blown up yet.

Comment

• Danman1987
                          • Nov 2012

I have 4 times GL1200 and have some Cattex 59" balloons and a 71" balloon. Awesome balloons. Maybe I buy some more this week.

Comment

• craggy2012
                            • Jan 2012

Largest balloons I've currently got are some red and yellow 5.5 foot Cloud bursters, then a few Cattex 72's...

Comment

• Chris Nonpopping Looner
                              • Jan 2017

My biggest balloons I have in my collection would be a 72" cattex, 55" cattex, 45" olympic, & a gl1200

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎