Old 10-03-2019, 10:56 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Default Retailers with Giant Balloons
I posted this some time ago over on another forum. Just thought I'd share it here, too:
Just an FYI to fellow Canuck looners; 2 retailers that are in most major areas carry giant balloons of reasonable quality. The arts and crafts store Michaels has Chinese made "paddle" shape 4 foot rounds that are remarkably thick, strong and high quality and offered in limited colors in the locations near me. They're quite expensive if I remember right but you will not be disappointed, they are very nice balloons.

The national dollar chain Dollarama used to carry Chinese-made 4 foot giants in orange, red or blue with speckled print. I've always found the quality (and smell!) of these balloons to be below sub par if you're a non-popper. Sometimes they blow up to a beautiful, giant tear-drop shape but I've had many random pops well below rated size. They seem to have discontinued those (in my area, at least) and now have these giant 4 foot smiley faced paddles that are INCREDIBLY high quality, available in red, orange, blue, pink, green and yellow. They are still Chinese produced, but the QA/QC seems to have been dramatically improved. At least the ones in my area....not sure about out east.

Anyway, something to check out.
Old 17-10-2020, 05:33 PM

QuickRide1284 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Retailers with Giant Balloons
I just bought a few packs of the 36" clear and red balloons from Michael's, so excited to try them out.
Old 18-10-2020, 02:39 AM

WannabePopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Retailers with Giant Balloons
PBK -

Thanks for the tip. I’m always on the look out for easily accessible big balloons from mainstream stores. It makes it very convenient.

I happened to be going by a Michaels in my area in the Philadelphia region. So, I went in and grabbed three 36” two-packs - one each of red, blue and pink. They were $3.99 a pack, so not the cheapest.

I opened one pack just to see what they looked like and they do remind me a lot of the standard Chinese 36” balloon. But, I’ll certainly take your word that they are thicker and better quality. I have yet to inflate one and try it out.