Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuTeKh
    • Sep 2018

Air mattress

Anybody else enjoy playing with an air mattress? I like to inflate them nice and firm flip them on their side and ride it. Feels amazing and they take one hell of a beating especially intex brand. Also alot of fun to ride balloons and other inflatables on them was curious if anybody else liked them as well.
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Air mattress

They’re alright for riding other inflatables on. I prefer the thinner pool floats with the built in pillow though. Especially when overinflated.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

I have a whole thread about large air mattresses. I like to get more than two large people on them.

But my favorite inflatables to pop are the cheap, slim, single-chamber, one-person air mattresses. When you put a lot of weight on them the pillow keeps growing until it pops on either the top seam or the one between the mattress and the pillow. Usually the top seam.

It takes a lot of weight to do that. I'm almost 600 pounds and it's not enough. Sometimes they'll develop a leak when I get on them, but usually they'll just stretch and go soft, except for the pillow, which gets quite hard, but they'll recover almost completely when I get off. Somewhere in the 1000 pound range, though, maybe less, the pillow will just keep growing until it explodes. I haven't tested to see exactly how much weight it takes to do that. I've sat on these things with my partner, who is about 440 pounds, with a woman almost my size, I've been on it with a woman bigger than me, though we didn't both fit, and I've been on them with a pile of sand bags and weight plates. Even with way more than 1000 pounds on it, it can take as much as ten minutes for the pillow to reach its maximum size and explode.

I like to load the whole tube end but not put any weight on the pillow. It's shocking how big it gets, and it makes a lot of noise when it blows. Way more than a swim ring, and a swim ring makes more noise than a beach ball.

The translucent mats generally stretch more and hold more weight than the "econo mats", but the most I've ever stretched the pillow of an air mattress was one of those econo mats, and I did it by overinflating and folding the tube end (twice) and sitting by big butt on it until it was stretched, overinflating it some more, and repeating. Either they don't make them like they used to or I just got really lucky that one time, but I've never gotten another air mattress to stretch that much with just my own weight and overinflation. And BTW, when you stretch one of those econo mats that much, the color streaks. You get streaks of normal color separated by streaks of translucent.
      Last edited by heaviest; 27-04-2019, 14:50.

Comment

• floatingeri
        • May 2018

I like them. Given their shape, they're a lot easier to lie on, or lie beneath them, and hug them.

Though they're often made with smooth vinyl rather than textured vinyl which makes it harder to enjoy feeling them.

It can take a while for a proper "oh no, it's leaking!" feeling to happen when a valve opens or it gets punctured, because it's just got so much more air compared to a smaller swim ring or inflatable kickboard. Can be a good or bad thing, depending on the mood.

Also when around other people I can't easily keep them inflated and ready, so I have to opt for smaller toys.

Comment

• Camo974
          • Sep 2017

i have a few air mattresses i use for camping and indoors i really like the big double high ones to lay on and i find sex is really good on them because of the bounce in it. when they puncture that just makes it more fun to ride lol

Comment

• lincy
            • Apr 2019

Yes, I too like Air mattress
            Helium Tank

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

Had some fun with an Intex econo mat this morning. I intended it would be a quick session so I overinflated it. I just intended to fold it twice and sit on it and pop it, but instead I loaded 450 pounds of weight plates on it and sat on it. I've never done that to an overinflated econo mat before, but then that's also far from the most weight I've put on them. I loaded the tube end and left the pillow to expand. The tubes were hard enough that I didn't bottom out right away, but as the pillow stretched I did eventually start to bottom out. The pillow popped after about six minutes. It was large, but I've gotten them much larger. Actually, an overinflated econo mat ususally just develops a leak pretty quickly with just my own weight on it, so I was happy to see it last as long and get as big as it did.
              Last edited by heaviest; 17-05-2019, 15:11.

Comment

• MegaInflator
                • Oct 2019

oh hell yes, epic ride, durable, stretchable, foompable .... they just don't grow as big as I'd love to go with them!

Comment

• inbox_pm
                  • Apr 2017

they just don't grow as big as I'd love to go with them!
                  Try the "i-beam" constructed mats, they can be fwoomped and made more round. The "surf rider" mattress, for example, can be transformed into a nice "bop bag"
                  I very love all types of mats, to play with them in my bed and swim on river or sea. Sometimes they pops under me, but it's repairable. None of them pops loudly yet, always a small hole on seam appears, that can be easy repaired. About one-chamber Intex economats: I have one of them made in 90-s, it's much better then modern ones! It's vinyl is soft like a silk, very pleasant to touch, especially in bed. The seam on a top side of pillow have a round form, so the pillow have a bigger volume (initially, without any stretching) and it's much more durable.

Comment

• MegaInflator
                    • Oct 2019

It's just ... I don't like round mats ...so I prefer bigger mats over rounder mats.

I've been pondering ways to grow the edges and walls without growing the centers.
                    Unfortunately, reality has the exaxct opposite idea!

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

I found some Poolmaster 18-pocket single air mattresses with just one air chamber. They're made like the Swimline double, with air getting from the main chamber to the pillow around a wall between them, and the pillow kept from exploding by inner veins. The 18-pocket has 3 veins instead of 7. Less than half as many veins on a mattress more than half as big, so maybe they'll be easier to break? Room for two big people to sit instead of four, but less than half as strong? I can't wait to test them.
                      Last edited by heaviest; 08-12-2019, 01:49.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                        • May 2017

Might be just an idea, may be worth changing the name of the forum to the inflatable mattress and suit forum, as it seems most of the discussion hangs around these two things, and ultimately you may get more traffic or hits. I don't know, just a thought.

Comment

• Inflatablefun82
                          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
                          Might be just an idea, may be worth changing the name of the forum to the inflatable mattress and suit forum, as it seems most of the discussion hangs around these two things, and ultimately you may get more traffic or hits. I don't know, just a thought.
                          What about inflatable dolls!

Comment

• Tookus
                            • Nov 2019

Yea, what about us?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• heaviest
                              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
                              I found some Poolmaster 18-pocket single air mattresses with just one air chamber. They're made like the Swimline double, with air getting from the main chamber to the pillow around a wall between them, and the pillow kept from exploding by inner veins. The 18-pocket has 3 veins instead of 7. Less than half as many veins on a mattress more than half as big, so maybe they'll be easier to break? Room for two big people to sit instead of four, but less than half as strong? I can't wait to test them.
                              I got to try these in the hotel pool, and I knew they'd be hard to stay on at my size. Outside the pool I was on them with my partner and with a woman somewhat larger than me, but not all three of us together. None of the pillow support veins broke, but that pillow was hard. None of the pockets popped, either.

In the room we did a pile-on with four of us. There wasn't room to avoid loading the pillow, so I didn't get to see if it would explode with the rest of the mattress loaded. It was one of the pockets that blew. The second mattress, the same thing happened.

To explode the pillow by loading everything but the pillow, I'm going to have to try sand bags and weight plates. People just aren't heavy enough

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎