Old 11-07-2019, 11:41 AM

LoudPopper is on a distinguished road
Default Finding your "Balloonicorn" and befriending (non-looner) genuine balloon lovers
Here’s an interesting thought… the balloon loving girl or guy of your dreams are not the magical unicorns that we make them out to be. What would you say if I suggested that the "everyday girl (or boy)“ who loves balloons and loves playing with them and popping them (depending on your popper/non-popper preferences) is not a being of myth and legend? I know we’ve all heard it, or perhaps even been guilty of (myself included it in the past), there’s always a looner out there absolutely pining and longing for a “looner girlfriend” (check any balloon message board or mailing list). What I learned a few months ago is that it is a FACT that there are A LOT of people out there who while they may not be “looners”, they could probably be considered as “looner-adjacent”, and they genuinely and authentically LOVE BALLOONS JUST AS MUCH AS WE DO! The balloon popping "goddesses" (and gods) of our dreams are not unicorns! They exist, they are far more common than you may think, and they are rolling out here deep… in numbers!

The reason that we don't see them or meet them (thus thinking that they are rare like a unicorn) are actually different. , or , are IMO due to two different things. I’ll get to the reason that we don’t see them briefly. The reason that we think that “closeted looners” are these rare magical creatures and thus “unable” to meet them, however... is kind of the fault of our own. I won’t fully go down the rabbit hole today about this, but I believe it has to do with our rather complex feelings about having the balloon fetish. Briefly, I think that we cut ourselves off from opportunities to connect or are too concerned with fixating on what the ideal looner mate would be like. The former has something to do with cynicism about them actually existing, or due to the fear of reproach due to our own personal apprehensions, past hurts/mistreatment, shame and self-doubting (I’m sure there’s more reasons) leading to being unwilling to be open about our love of loons. The latter idea is that some of us may be too busy looking for our own personal balloon “unicorn”— or call it a “Balloonicorn” lol. That would be our idealized perfect intimate partner that we can with connect on an emotional/sexual/companionship level, fulfills all your fantasies, and who you can walking hand-in-hand with along your “shared” looner journey.

On the other hand, the reason that we actually don’t see them in day-to-day life is at the fault of “society”. Not to use such a non-specific blanket-term like this, what I mean specifically is that it is due to societal norms about special occasions, what actually makes an occasion special, and the “meaning” or “purpose” of balloons within this context. Nevertheless, I’m convinced these “everyday people” who are “looner-adjacent” people exist; and I have actually very recently experienced meeting one… and introducing two other friends to the love of balloons and “looning” the same night. I’ll share it in an upcoming story btw.

The quick and dirty explanation is because people on a whole regard balloons as perhaps “too special”. We’ve been taught to associate balloons strictly with celebrations and special occasions. Question: why is birthday cake considered “special”? It’s not because it’s elaborately decorated and tastes sweet— there’s plenty of deserts that are that way. However birthday cake may be considered a desert, but not all desserts are as special as birthday cake, is because of its rarity. The fact that we don’t eat it often, although being just as pretty and just as tasty as other things, is why it’s special. If we ate birthday cake everyday then it’d just become boring-ass dessert. This particular dessert is attached to a particular occasion that makes that particular day extra-ordinary compared to every other day that year; meaning that this cake has “meaning” or “value”.

When things have meaning or value, they have to be attached to some agreed upon notion that ultimately gives a thing “worth”. The typical marker to signify worth is scarcity (i.e., when something is rare or of limited availability). With that thing, to denote its value, we sometime attach symbols or objects that serve as placeholders that are representative of why such a thing is valuable or meaningful. For example, the U.S. doesn’t trade in gold, rather it trades in the dollar, which has become the agreed upon representative equivalent to a certain quantity of gold. Likewise, birthday celebrations are have valuable (i.e., they are meaningful occasions) because they are rare occasions that happen only once per year. In order to signify the day’s meaningfulness we use objects and customs that are representative of the day’s specialness. We serve cake, we sing “happy birthday”, we give gifts, and we decorate with streamers… and balloons.

Scenario: Your little cousin graduates high school, what's the first thing that your aunt picks up at the store to "liven up the place" and make it a happy and pretty scene? Balloons, of course! The fact that everyday people only rarely encounter them, relatively speaking, and every time they do, it's to celebrate some event; this is actually part of what actually makes balloons so "special". While that's all wonderful and great, yes, balloons are super special and make us all happy (looners and non-looners alike) there's another message that people have also put inside their heads about balloons. That is, that because balloons signify celebration, they are strictly meant to be seen only on special occasions. So if the moment is not special, why keep them around? The logic is: Balloons signify special occasions. Therefore ONLY special occasions warrant bringing out balloons.

But if you put a group of 100 people including yourself in a random scenario and drop a bunch of balloons into the mix, I'm more than confident that you're not the only one feeling the way that you do right now. We'll definitely be able to spot the true balloon lovers in the crowd because they will be the ones gravitating towards them with a huge smile, beginning to enjoy them in a childlike manner and maybe even popping them. Us on the other hand may not necessarily be so readily willing to partake in the fun, most likely due to our own self-awareness of our sexual arousal and preference for it not being on display in public. The irony is that although both of you may love balloons, only one of you feels less burdened to openly enjoy them at the time. That’s a shame for us. But what is a shame for them is that as soon as the party is over and the loons go away, they just tuck that balloon loving side of themselves away until the next time. Why? Because it was a special occasion, therefore the only “appropriate” time to openly express their love of this object and feel all the emotions that they had.

Perhaps, being uninhibited to openly express your enjoyment of balloons in a public setting is something that a non-looner person who is a true lover of balloons is a freedom to be taken for granted. But they aren’t even aware that they have this “freedom” relative to us Looners. I think as Looners, we too have something that we kinda take for granted, compared to the “looner-adjacent” person. We are free of the thinking that balloons are strictly for special occasions. Due to our love and attraction to them, we just want them around us as much as possible, and unlike our non-fetish balloon-loving counterparts, we are willing to go out of our way to make that happen on a regular basis. A lot of “looner-adjacents” are either unaware that it’s possible or don’t really think of that as something feasible or that they could actually do.

It’s kinda funny to think about, because the logical solution to maintiaining joy regarding something you love is to keep it around you. “I like donuts, so lets eat a lot of them and often”, but when it comes to balloons, because of the societal norm that deems some things as special they think…. “I really love balloons, I really wish I could keep them around me all the time” (direct quote from my looner-adjacent friend btw). That norm prohibits them from going about seeking balloons the way they would donuts. For non-looner balloon lovers, when the balloons come out, just like for us, it’s f-ing an amazing time to be had. But once the occasion has passed, time to put that awesome thing away and just wait on the next opportunity to enjoy them whenever that time comes.

The difference between those people and us is that it has just never dawned on them that you actually don’t need a “special occasion” to break out the balloons. Or, better yet, you can in fact make any time “special” whenever you want! If you give a looner-adjacent person like that access to that idea and unlimited access balloons, they’re in heaven! If you’re the one to do that for them then congratulations, you've just made a new balloon busting (or just playing for the non-looners) friend.

The caveat is that just because you have a fetish, you don't have to make it strictly about sex. And if you do share that, you make it abundantly clear that its not what that this friendship is about. The point is to present you love of balloons to the people in your lives, as strictly that. Start with what makes you happy first. You and your "closeted" balloon loving friend, have something in common and that is something to celebrate. Should something romantic evolve from that… whelp suppose you’ve just met your “Balloonicorn”. The only difference it that they won’t fit that perfect ideal in your head, but perhaps that’s for the best anyways. Right?

So yeah, crazy story coming up about this lesson that I learned. Just because you are sexually aroused by balloons and your balloon loving friend is not, it does not preclude you two from having a wonderful time playing with and enjoying balloons. And being a looner, with actual long term experiencing playing and enjoying balloons, you will be seen as a wealth of knowledge by your non-looner balloon loving friend. Introducing an inexperience non-looner balloon lover into the world of balloons and all of the possibilities will change both of your lives. It will change your life and outlook as a looner in ways you couldn’t imagine. It is perhaps one of the most fulfilling, thrilling, and happy-making experiences in life. I'll put a preview of the story below. But the story is really long and has multiple parts, so if it’s alright, so its easy to find, I’ll put it in a fresh thread.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:06 PM

LoudPopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finding your "Balloonicorn" and befriending (non-looner) genuine balloon lovers
QUESTION: Why are these ladies holding these balloon clusters? Here's a snippet from the story...

"... and then she locked eyes with mine. Her golden hair, which rested on her shoulders, slowly swayed back in forth as she slowly shook her head as if in disbelief of her happiness and the fun she was having her happiness. A sly, self-satisfied smile slowly spread across her face and her eyes lit up. Then... in the most earnest and honest tone, with her thick "Russian" accent, she says to me, "Oh my God, M--- (says my name)... balloons make EVVVVERYTHING better..."

FYI I have full permission from my friends to use these images
__________________________________________________ _____________

The original balloon arrangement you see being held by the blonde girl has been dubbed the “Galaxy Cluster”. It’s made by creating a doublet of 2 U16’s, and then arranging a second cluster (or a “quad”) of clear 12” balloons filled with gold confetti, around the U16 doublet to make this beautiful 6 balloon cluster. She had me make this particular arrangement especially for her as her personal “trophy” and souvenir, celebrating her first looning experience. That night, I somehow was “shoved” into a situation where I ultimately introduced these 3 ladies into the world of balloons. This was followed by spending the next 3 hours setting up, romping about and ultimately popping the night away in their very first balloon room. It was amazing. I kid you not that this girl legit started out that night afraid of balloons, and by the end of the night left the party a full blown loon lover.

So stay tuned because I'm writing another story about my crazy looner life involving these ladies. While it's not raunchy like my last one, I promise it's every bit as wild. All I'll say is that it involves the following:

1. Discovering that one of your closest friends/past-romantic flames is a secret balloon lover (tan skin w/ curly hair)

2. A private balloon session between friends

3. Suddenly being outed as a Looner to one of your best friends and a bunch of random females

4. That private balloon session ultimately escalating into a full-on balloon party w/ me and 3 other ladies

5. Converting a balloon phobic into a newly minted balloon lover (blonde hair)

6. Discovering a new facet to a relationship with your childhood friend leading to future balloon-related activities
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_0638.JPG (1.72 MB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0637.JPG (1.90 MB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0636.JPG (1.99 MB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0632.JPG (1.64 MB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.JPG (1.54 MB, 77 views)

Last edited by LoudPopper; 11-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Location: Keanu reeves' place of birth. The fifth most indebted country in world as a percentage of GPD (160%)
loonerfun00 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finding your "Balloonicorn" and befriending (non-looner) genuine balloon lovers
This might just be the best thing i ever read in this forum. You are right, most ladies LOVE balloons, and what i seek (as a male) is this non-existant (or so i thought) female who isn't a looner but still enjoy giving sensual breaths into a huge balloon and making it burst just for the fun of it, and to watch me get aroused. (The latter part may depend on wether the sexual part is approved upon and accepted, and depends on the relationship.)

But i see your point, and it is exactly my dream. Looking forward to your story, cheers!
Old 11-07-2019, 06:33 PM

DeppLooner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LoudPopper View Post
QUESTION: Why are these ladies holding these balloon clusters? Here's a snippet from the story...

"... and then she locked eyes with mine. Her golden hair, which rested on her shoulders, slowly swayed back in forth as she slowly shook her head as if in disbelief of her happiness and the fun she was having her happiness. A sly, self-satisfied smile slowly spread across her face and her eyes lit up. Then... in the most earnest and honest tone, with her thick "Russian" accent, she says to me, "Oh my God, M--- (says my name)... balloons make EVVVVERYTHING better..."

1. Discovering that one of your closest friends/past-romantic flames is a secret balloon lover (tan skin w/ curly hair)

2. A private balloon session between friends

3. Suddenly being outed as a Looner to one of your best friends and a bunch of random females

4. That private balloon session ultimately escalating into a full-on balloon party w/ me and 3 other ladies

5. Converting a balloon phobic into a newly minted balloon lover (blonde hair)

6. Discovering a new facet to a relationship with your childhood friend leading to future balloon-related activities
Man I have been reading your post since days ago, I always enjoy a lot reading them, you must be the user with best post here in the forum, plus they always are so interesting and show perfect moments that all of us only imagine on our best dreams, man introduce 3 friends to your fetish...... sounds like a day to remember all my life
Old 12-07-2019, 05:39 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
Years ago, I ordered some helium balloons at a small party shop. Out of nowhere, the women behind the counter says that "she loves balloons." I was so dumbfounded by the comment, I didn't say anything. I guess that I had assumed that all adults, except members of our community, had "grown out of balloons".

This is a really interesting email thread. I can only wonder how many other non-looner balloon lovers I have missed over the years.

By the way, I would add "latex allergies" to the factors that keep balloons from being a more everyday item.
Old 13-07-2019, 06:01 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LoonerPlanet View Post
Years ago, I ordered some helium balloons at a small party shop. Out of nowhere, the women behind the counter says that "she loves balloons."
She may well have loved balloons, but not necessarily in the way you or I, or anyone in this Forum does.