Larger beachballs no longer available retail?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • npratt
    • Jul 2016

Larger beachballs no longer available retail?

I don't know about other countries, but has anyone in the USA noticed that you don't see larger (30-40") beachballs at the big retail stores, e.g. Walmart, Target, etc? I see lots of rings and floats but no beachballs bigger than 20' or so (and opaque).

I'm not hurting, have the classic Intex clear horizontal multicolor striped one from the mid-2000s, the one with the rounded-corner squares and the later smaller ones with polka dots and vertical stripes. Has Intex just stopped producing them? Are they outlawed?

I just use mine as decorations (no overinflation or other abuse) so they should last a while, but goes to show, when you see something you like, stock up.
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

Re: Larger beachballs no longer available retail?

Last summer in australia, they were heaps of 36" and 42" intex balls on sale, the sizes are right, but just don't like the colour schemes. Here in Australia we're heading toward the end of winter now, so as soon as Spring hits, I would imagine that all the stores here down under will start stocking up again, guess I can look out for you, but just don't know how much the postage would be from Oz to USA.

Failing that, if this is the case, I could look into a group buy of a custom order from a manufacturer from china. Would love to get something made in the 42 inch size range, something more exciting then the boring stuff that's only available at the chain stores. I just hate printed designs - clear / clean panels are more appealing, for me anyway, they feel, stretch, and squeak better when clawing.

Comment

• npratt
      • Jul 2016

Nah, thanks BTJ. Shipping and customs hassle wouldn't be worth it. As I said, I'm not hurting, have about 6 of them, but one has a slow leak .
      And as I said, they're just decorations.
      Until this year, I'd see them everywhere, even grocery stores.
      I read on another thread someone who knows way more chemistry than me say something about a certain type of vinyl being outlawed and wondered if that's the reason.
      I see Amazon still has the clear polka dot 40" Intex ball but that's all.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

On Walmart's website they still list the Intex 42" beachballs with the polka dot patterns, and Amazon also sells them. Maybe they're just not sold as much in physical stores?

Comment

• PBK
          • Mar 2019

I've noticed this, too. A couple of the local grocery chains have the latest Intex 42" beach balls, but that's it.
          In Galveston, TX. there are several stores that sell 48" classic color beach balls but they aren't Intex.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
            • May 2017

Don't know what postage is like from UK to US, but could try this:

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

Just got back from Costco on the south end of Calgary. They're selling giant beach balls (5 footers) in traditional colors/patterns. 2 packs. I think Costco's are pretty much the same everywhere.

Comment

• looner98
                • Mar 2012

On holiday in Greece and there are plenty of large beach balls for sale. Even got the 72" Intex ones for €5 each out here in the discount stores.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎