X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nonpop25
    • Sep 2018

Will a GL1200 Support My Weight

Hey!!

Got my first GL1200 and I really want to get all on it but before I do that I wanted to know if you all think it would support my weight (5'q
    10" 187 lbs)
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: Will a GL1200 Support My Weight

Just dont blow it up so its rock hard ,blow the balloon up till its somewhat firm ,just leave a little extra room for the balloon to expand and you should be fine
    The bigger the better

Comment

• scuba
      • Jan 2017

Easily
      I weigh more than you and it supports my whole body without any problem.
      Further more the GL1200 balloon is very durable and strong.
      I float on a lake on a GL1200 balloon that is not fully inflated in a seated position and the balloon can be used several times.
      I have a thread on this site called FLOATING ON A GL1200 that desribe how i do this, you might wanna check it out.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

A GL1200 will easily support your weight, even slightly overinflated. They're really tough balloons.

Comment

• Steebs
          • Sep 2018

I absolutely love GL1200's
          Ive never had any problem getting one to support my weight but i am a little concerned about their life span. Mines starting to feel a bit thin when uninflated and almost has a feathery texture in some places

Comment

• BigBreathless
            • Jun 2017

It will easily take your weight. If u are scared, lay down on it and spread your body over the loon. You can feel how it stretches and works beneath you. And the more even u distribute the weight, the less likely is a pop

Comment

• Sl33juhrLooner
              • Jan 2019

It will support you easily, I have a couple of them, and I love them!

I had only one pop on me before, but that was a stupidity from my side, it popped on touching a sharp end of a chair I had back then. Needless to say that chair isn't close to any of my balloons anymore!

Comment

• Loveinloons
                • Nov 2018

How loud are they when they pop?

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Loveinloons
                  How loud are they when they pop?
                  I suspect very loud. You're talking about a balloon that's between 6ft and 8ft in length, and between 1ft and 2ft in circumference. The pop isn't going to be anything tiny, that's for certain!

But why would you waste such a big balloon, and just pop it?! They're not cheap balloons to buy in the first place!

Comment

• scuba
                    • Jan 2017

I have tried one popping under me while floating on a lake on it.
                    It was out in the middle of the lake and the GL1200 balloon was sligtly oxydated becauce i have been floating on a couble of times.
                    The pop wasn't that big and sinking in the water felt slow.
                    I was able to use the top part of the popped balloon as a bouy when i swam ashore

Comment

• snh61
                      • Sep 2017

Tell that to a Q16 or Q18, that it can't get tight. You're pretty wrong, or used to those weak and soft tuftex balloons.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by 815balloon
                        Sorry, you are wrong. The larger a balloon is, the less loud is the pop. The loudest ones are around 12" balloons because they can get quite tight - large balloons usually don't get tight, so the aren't loud while popping.
                        I'm afraid you're wrong on this! The size of a balloon, along with where and how it is popped, can absolutely have something to do with how loud it pops, or rather how loud we - as human beings - experience the popping sound/noise.

The tighter the balloon is stretched, and the acoustics of the room, along with how the balloon is punctured (needle, flame, squeezed by hands/arms/the body, etc, etc) will all affect how loud or quiet the pop is.

This (popping) video help proves this....

Listen to the difference in reverberation time of a balloon pop in a reverberant field versus an anechoic field. This footage was taken during an acoustical...

Comment

• scuba
                          • Jan 2017

I have tried several GL1200's popping on me when i am going out on them floating on the lake
                          The pop pop is not that lout

Comment

• sonarloon
                            • Jun 2017

I'm not sure they are louder as much as boomier. 9 12 balloons have brighter pops and thus we hear them as being louder, though I've heard 24 inch and beyond described as scarier. Based on clips and my own occasional pops alone, I've noticed that the bigger the balloon, the more it sounds like a freaking cannon than a small firecracker.
                            It doesn't help that most places echo like crazy when a balloon pops. Like seriously, you end up with the natural harmonics of the room 10 seconds after the balloon pops. It's insane. I notice this more with clips featuring larger balloons,18 plus.
                            But q24s are some weird ass exception! I don't know how qualatex did it, but they managed to design a balloon that is both boomy and bright when it goes! I discovered that this afternoon while riding a pink one. Still a little shaken but I did learn a lesson. Put the usual pillow under it if you want to ride it really hard. Plus I do have a few clips of q24s being generally abused, and they too, agree. Some of the camera equipment microphones are hit with the solid wall of sound composed of the balloon popping and so you can kinda hear them go noooooooo! And that's why if you pay attention, you hear the background noise duck waaay down shortly after it goes.
                            IDK though, I think probably the best thing to do is record a few examples, but even that could prove tricky for reasons I won't bore you all with.
                            Related. In the sound designing industry, we sometimes pop balloons to capture the acoustics of a room and produce what are called impulse responses. This allows us to reproduce those acoustics on a production at will, with some limitations. It's seriously a fascinating artform.
                            Ok ok ok, I'm ranting. I'll run away now.

Comment

• scuba
                              • Jan 2017

To get back on track.
                              As I am writing this I'm sitting on a transparent pink BWS GL1200 balloon.
                              I have blown it to almost its full size and I am sitting on the balloon with only my feets touching the bed so i don't roll over.
                              My back and head lies on the balloon and it's really comfortable.
                              I weigh 85-90kgs and I have been lieing like this for two hours meditating to theta wave music.
                              The balloon still feels nice and firm under me.
                              And please. Can we save the
                              popping topic to another thread?
                              Well back to meditating

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞