X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JR Looner
    • May 2015

Re: Group order of SA24s/SA36s from manufacturer - survey

Originally posted by Bounci
    I really wish I could join in on this but from what I see online with shipping companies, just for them to get here could cost me anywhere between 10 and 50 dollars... That's a huge difference - I couldn't afford to spend 50 only on shipping but, if it's on the lower end... I've been desiring those striped SAs for years, and if I only knew they had crossed ones! Do you have any idea which shipping company you will be using? If I knew, that could really help me out.
    It would more than likely be shipped via United States Postal Service. I'm not sure who they hand it over to once it would make it into the European Countries. To be more accurate, I would need to know the Country it would be shipped to and I can reply with the flat rate price for under 4 US pounds (weight). If you would like, you can PM me instead of listing the Country it would be shipped to. All communication via PMs I receive are kept between myself and the person PMing me.
    Last edited by JR Looner; 06-05-2018, 10:36. Reason: Adding more information

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Just a quick update - still no response from the manufacturer :/ I'll let everyone know if I get one, but there's not much I can do right now.

Comment

• Bounci
        • Apr 2018

Thank you for keeping us updated!

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
          • Jul 2017

Any new info?

Comment

• OverTheTop
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bubblyzzz
            Any new info?
            Unfortunately not, I still haven't heard back. I'm going to try one more time to send them a message, but there's not much I can do if they don't reply.

Comment

• Jod
              • Nov 2017

Any new info as of yet?

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Jod
                Any new info as of yet?
                I never heard back unfortunately. I'm still interested in this for the future, but for now I've shelved it since I'm not in a position to coordinate this right now. If someone else would like to take a shot, feel free.

Comment

• bigballcollector
                  • Mar 2017

Just curious, do you still have the contact information of the Company/supplier?
                  Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

• CrazzzyJim
                    • May 2016

Comment

• Jubloon
                      • Feb 2018

I might be uniquely qualified to comment on this - I've actually been down this road!

In a quest for the elusive SA24's. I successfully placed an order from Tuky about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm not surprised by the lack of response, it took me several tries over a few months before I got a reply and subsequent questions were answered faster, but still pretty slowly by US standards.

You're correct, the minimum order was $500US including shipping, which was 400 SA24's.

They did let me mix and match solids, stripes and agates. I could specify the colors and quantities of solids per color, but the stripes and agates were just whatever variety they decided to give me.

I can provide the email of the person that I worked with, but probably better would be for me to start another order on the old email thread then flip it to whoever wants to spearhead the effort once communication gets going. Obviously all communication is in Spanish so there is that.

So that's the good news.

Here are the caveats. The balloons are not the SA24's you have seen in the "movies" that look like a larger version of a Qualatex 24 with a bit longer neck and stripes. Those balloons look like they are quite durable (like a Q24 or Cattex 32 longneck - that I believe was actually inspired by the SA24's) and the striping looks like it was properly applied while the balloons were inflated so the striping is relatively thick.

The Tuky 24's have several important differences.

The latex is rather thin and subsequently fragile - certainly when compared to the thickness and durability of the Q24's and Cattex longnecks which can take quite a bit of abuse. That does mean that they are VERY soft when inflated (unlike thicker balloons that can feel like you're sitting on an inner tube), and if soft balloons is your thing that's good, but there's a price to be paid in that there will be some losses on inflation and you're not going to be able to use them as a hippity hop (if you know what that means then guess what - you're old!). I'd say the latex thickness / feel is much more like Chinese balloons than European or American latex.

The thinness of the latex also makes the balloons rather translucent when inflated, again I find many Chinese balloons to be this way.

Some people care what the latex smells like and some don't and that's a pretty subjective thing. While most latex trends to "sweet" smelling, European latex is more "burnt rubber" smelling to me for example. The Tuky latex is more like European latex in smell, but interestingly with a smell that I can only describe as "chocolatey". Not my favorite, but again subjective.

The shape of the balloon is different as well, the big appeal of the SA24's is the neck, and the Tuky 24's do not develop a neck like this, they must be from a different mold. In case you were wondering, they are paddle shaped molds rather than round or fluted, so when completely inflated you get a bit of the "paddle mold" shape (like the Cattex 32's for example) rather than a true round shape like the Q24s.

Lastly, they just print the stripes on the uninflated balloons, so they are not as prominent when inflated, it's the cheap way to do it, unlike the SA24s.

The agates are pretty cool actually, they have some very interesting coloration but you lose a lot of the effect due to the translucence of the balloons when inflated)

I've included some pictures showing the balloons inflated, uninflated, the packaging, and also a Tuky 24 agate next to a light blue Q24 and pink Cattex 32 for reference.

In the end, if you're looking for the "real deal" SA24's, the Cattex 32' longneck is much closer to that than the Tuky 24's. The search for genuine SA24's must go on, other than the few that people sell for outrageous prices on line from time to time.

Let me know if there are other questions I can answer, and in return.... a favor.

I'm searching for the green doll shaped airship on the left in the picture, it was originally manufactured by Globos in Mexico and has been discontinued. I've searched but have come up empty. If anyone can help (if you have any or know where they are) I'd appreciate it and I'll make it worth your while.

Thanks!

Pics:

Comment

• Bubbleboy
                        • Nov 2018

It seems that this company only ships within the country of Argentina. An easier option would perhaps be to find a local shipping service based in Buenos Aires and have the balloons delivered locally to that company (an Argentinian version of the UPS store?) and then have them deliver the balloons internationally. I don't know all the ins and outs of international currency exchange but I understand that the US dollar is QUITE strong there.
                        It has never been cheaper to visit Argentina, as the nation’s economic struggles have caused a dramatic plunge in the value of the peso.

Perhaps a bilingual individual could navigate online for a shipping partner and post back their findings here.

Comment

• Loveinloons
                          • Nov 2018

Everyone seems to be looking for the sa24 i have one dont really no what to do with it any ideas

Comment

• kosmos
                            • May 2017

Originally posted by Bubbleboy
                            It seems that this company only ships within the country of Argentina. An easier option would perhaps be to find a local shipping service based in Buenos Aires and have the balloons delivered locally to that company (an Argentinian version of the UPS store?) and then have them deliver the balloons internationally. I don't know all the ins and outs of international currency exchange but I understand that the US dollar is QUITE strong there.
                            It has never been cheaper to visit Argentina, as the nation’s economic struggles have caused a dramatic plunge in the value of the peso.

Perhaps a bilingual individual could navigate online for a shipping partner and post back their findings here.
                            However i dont seem to find a shipping service except UPS or Fedex and it is expensive,most shipping i see online is from the USA to Argentina. hmm i am bilingual in spanish let me see what i can find out, Cant guarantee anything but ill try.
                            Last edited by kosmos; 20-01-2019, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎