Old 08-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Balloon fun

balloons is on a distinguished road
Default qualtex 24 inch memories
How much do you miss looning with Q 24 balloons

What are your best memories?

What balloon did you use as a replacement?

Will they ever start making them again?
Old 08-10-2019, 01:41 AM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: qualtex 24 inch memories
Q24s were the first balloons I bought with the fetish in mind. I don’t have specific memories, but I’ll miss ‘em once my meager supply runs dry.

As for replacements...some say the Cattex 32” longneck is the ideal replacement for the Q24. I understand what they mean because the shape and the feel are fantastic, but I don’t think it’s a perfect match for the durability of the Q24. For that, a Tuftex 24” is a good alternative, though it is a much rounder balloon.

I am skeptical that Qualatex will manufacture it again. Perhaps another manufacturer will someday make a balloon more similar to the Q24, just as Cattex/Rifco offer longneck balloons.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Could be a chat bot

LondonLarry is on a distinguished road
Qualatex 24" were the best balloon by far, inflated big and went off with a real BOOM! everything else I've tried has been so so. Many good memories with these balloons, I hope someone does something similar to them, they were so much fun.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:08 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
The first time I saw a photo of a Q24" I laughed. That can't be real; no balloon gets that big with a huge neck. Then I ordered my first Q24's and, holy shit, it was real. The photo actually underestimated how large the balloon could get.

My collection was never without Q24's after that. I still have some carefully tucked away--the advantage of being a non popper. Every once and awhile I'll take them out and inflate one or two. After all these years, I am still amazed how big and beautiful these balloons get.

These days I find myself reaching most often for Tuftex balloons. They get huge, especially on the second or third inflation. They have great colors, a nice feel and can form a neck. They aren't the same, but maybe that is for the best. You can't easily recreate a legend. (I feel the same way about the Tilly 8 foot worker)

And, no, I don't think Qtex will re-start production. Sales were too small and they don't really want to cater to our community. Right now their 3 foot balloons are popular. I would think that with helium being so expensive, there is a similar market for 24" balloons. I assume Qtex can figure that out itself. Cattex, on the other hand, is more than happy to sell to us (see the interview on balloons-united blog). Long neck balloons; no problem and we have the 32" and 3 foot long necks.

The last batches of Q 24's Qtex produced were of lower quality. Almost like they had given up. Some prematurely popped, especially the greens, and I dumped a black that got sticky. That means my collection of the good quality Q 24's is probably approaching 10 years old and still strong (with careful storage). Just what you would expect from a legend.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:45 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
I loved the Q24. My first online purchase was including Q24, standard color and stars printed (anyone remember these ones?). Before my purchase, I just saw those balloons on YouTube, when I played with them for the first time, I don't know, I can't describe my feelings, they were so big, as I never seen until that Moment and that smell: unique (I still remember it such as I have one beside me) and Q24 have been the only balloons that don't make me afraid to inflate as huge as I could watch in the videos, and were the only balloons I ridden in my entire life, although I knew that the burst would be like a gun shot. Anyway, my best looning experiences with them. I now replaced (if i may use this term) them with Tuftex, I only buy this brand, and I may say that TT24 are also great balloons, perhaps I prefer their shape and softness than Q24 even if I would love to play with them again though.

Last edited by palloncino90; 08-10-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typing errors
Old 09-10-2019, 12:51 AM

racinett is on a distinguished road
They were a great balloon. I still have over 70 for sale if you are interested. Send me a message with how much per balloon. I am in Canada but of course can ship them.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:08 AM

Danman1987 is on a distinguished road
I still have a big box full of them. A month ago I made a bit of a balloon room of them. But my greatest memory is from 2013 where a museum was filled with Q24's. Sometimes it was very hard to walk through them. And in some chambers there was no light, so you only feel the balloons, but don't see them. Too bad Qualatex discontinued them
Old 10-10-2019, 12:42 PM

Helium1234 is on a distinguished road
Always loved how large they got and the pull they had with helium. Just amazing the feel just a few balloons could do when blown up that large with helium.
Old 16-10-2019, 01:31 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
I really miss them. I still have a bunch but they're running out. I might fill a few with helium this weekend.
I especially loved the crystal "happy birthday" 24's and the white snow man 24's.